PDA

View Full Version : Medieval 2 TW Campaign Chronicles

Akatosh
04-09-2011, 09:23 PM
THE HISTORY OF THE SICILIAN EMPIRE

The year is 1080, Sicily is one of many fledgling kingdoms in Europe, vying for power. The kingdom has little more than a fortress on the island itself and a town in southern Italy.

1086:
Sicily gains control of the castle called Tunis and then quickly converts it to a town, hoping to attract settlers wishing to farm the fertile countryside.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgLcw1b2hLpM29CUdzTE7EcrC8oR72l 2j_cSrF5fjtwcJK2YkZ&t=1

1088: A fleet representing the Holy Roman empire blockades the port north of Naples, seeing this as an act of war, a Sicilian fleet quickly arrives and destroys the Imperials. They then travel north to blockade an Imperial port in retaliation.

1090: The pope warns both The Romans and the Sicilians to ceasefire or they may become excommunicated. Neither side wishes to become the target of more catholic kingdoms so they decide not to engage in combat.

1094: The Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire offends the pope and is excommunicated from the catholic faith. Seeing this as a opportunity, another Sicilian fleet continues the blockade of port Bologna.

1096: Imperial ships from the south destroys the blockading fleet. With a port back in their control, the Romans then construct countless warships and numerous naval battles erupt across the central Mediterranean sea between the Sicilians galleys and the Imperial cogs.

1138: After many years of small skirmishes with the Romans, in the sea and a few on land, King Simon of Sicily decides to end the conflict with a little "persuasion." He begins forming an army in the capital fortress, Palermo. His hopes are to capture the city of Bologna, eliminating Roman power in Italy and hopefully killing the emperor himself(who is residing in Bologna); sending both a devastating blow and a clear message of power across Europe.

1142: Prince Jacopo(King Simon's own brother) is assassinated! It was clear that the Imperials were behind it, and with his army ready, Simon swears vengeance!

1146: With no heir himself, Simon declares his brother in law, Gelasius of Naples, the crown prince.

1148: Fearful of his life and not willing to share Prince Jacopo's fate, Gelasius leaves his hometown of Naples and goes into hiding.

1150: The blockade of port Bologna is broken by an Imperial fleet, the Sicilians head south to regroup their navy.

1152: Simon reaches Bologna and immediately lays siege

1154: Early in the morning of January 19, Sicilian troops breach the walls and by the afternoon the Sicilian banner flies over Bologna. The following day thousands of people are publicly executed, including the Roman Emperor. One week later the pope reconciles the Holy Roman Empire, having faith in it's new emperor. Prince Gelasius later comes out of hiding and returns to Naples.

Saph
04-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Interesting concept! I look forward to see more! :)

Akatosh
04-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Interesting concept! I look forward to see more! :)

Thank you! But it's not a new concept, people do it with total war all the time

Saph
04-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Eh I guess I'm not that much into Total War to have ever heard about it :p

paecmaker
04-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Everyone, pick a country and do something similar. I chose the english:)

Akatosh
04-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Everyone, pick a country and do something similar. I chose the english:)

PLAGIARISM!!!

Saph
04-10-2011, 11:29 AM
Danish here, if only I had my copy -.- I'll have to have it shipped over from Denmark.

paecmaker
04-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Danish here, if only I had my copy -.- I'll have to have it shipped over from Denmark.

I wanted to play as swedish but theres only danish and bandits there.:embarrassed:

Saph
04-10-2011, 01:54 PM
No offense to Sweden, but.

FINALLY! Sweden or Norway are NOT the representatives of Scandinavia.

FINALLY Denmark gets a piece of the represent cake!!!8)

paecmaker
04-10-2011, 02:09 PM
No offense to Sweden, but.

FINALLY! Sweden or Norway are NOT the representatives of Scandinavia.

FINALLY Denmark gets a piece of the represent cake!!!8)

accually you can play as norway in the kingdoms expansion pack. Sorry that I had to ruin your danish supremacy party, Taaaa.

Akatosh
04-10-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm sad that no one is discussing the actual story of the campaign and discussing the supremacy of Denmark : (

Jayhmmz
04-10-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm sad that no one is discussing the actual story of the campaign and discussing the supremacy of Denmark : (

Well, in my TW2 story, there is no Danish supremacy ;)

Saph
04-10-2011, 02:15 PM
Well, in my TW2 story, there is no Danish supremacy ;)

Well in mine there's no English supremacy so there! :laugh1:

Akatosh
04-10-2011, 02:16 PM
OMG THIS IS MADNESS!!!!!one!!1111****1!eleven!!11

Dr.MAGO
07-21-2011, 07:40 AM
accually you can play as norway in the kingdoms expansion pack. Sorry that I had to ruin your danish supremacy party, Taaaa.

LOL Epic fail. This game is so epic. I preffer to go with each choice and do something different each time, keeps it interesting. And play it on the hardest difficulty possible.

paecmaker
07-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Ok, now I think Im gonna do something similar with empire total war.