PDA

View Full Version : strange thing in minecraft.

paecmaker
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
I played minecraft on one of my planes. I played offline and in peaceful(no monsters) I dug lots of tunnels and suddenly came out into a large cave.

I followed the cave a long time and suddenly I saw a room. It was a real room with stone walls and and chests, and there where this fireplace in the middle. I hadnt been there before and I played offline. have this happend to anyone else playing minecraft?

Akatosh
04-11-2011, 04:32 PM
It's called a dungeon and inside those chests are rare items, that fire place is a monster spawner and if you weren't playing on peaceful, monsters would appear out of it until it was destroyed.

paecmaker
04-12-2011, 05:41 AM
It's called a dungeon and inside those chests are rare items, that fire place is a monster spawner and if you weren't playing on peaceful, monsters would appear out of it until it was destroyed.

Thanks, I emptied the chests and died soon after......:embarrassed:

rawrwill
05-22-2011, 02:56 PM
you're lucky i havn't found one yet!

Saph
05-22-2011, 05:10 PM
I actually found one of these on multiplayer once. I found it pretty close to one of Dilis mines, and I decided to destroy this wierd fiery chest in the center. Later I was like "OOOHHH ****!" Cause I was afraid that this was maybe something REALLY valueable that Dili had sealed in a secret room so there was zero chance of someone snatching it!

I told him, and he killed me twice for destroying it...

But only cause he was allowed to do so :p He infact didn't care, as there're monster spawners all over the place(still rare, but there're more than ones)

Moss Stone(the stone with green lines in it)is also only found in dungeons, and cannot be found anywhere else!

paecmaker
05-22-2011, 11:32 PM
The first time I saw it I got the creeps, even if I played on peacful. I ran first out to more brighter ground and looked behind me all the time:p

Later I pu on many candles in the cave to make it bright and so I picked up the usefull items from the chest(later I died and lost it all)

Callanrobertson
07-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I once found a dungeon with three monster spawner's In it no joke I was killed before i get to the chest luckely i diddint have anything in my inventory I was just showing my friend my mine then I came back with armor and weapons and destroyed the monster spawner's

Psychotray
07-05-2011, 09:26 AM
That happened to me recently, I was mining and I found a room filled with Chests, and Furnaces, etc. I didn't realize that monsters spawn there though. And im not sure what Monster Spawner's look like neither.