PDA

View Full Version : Free Domain Contest

LiNuX
09-05-2006, 01:59 PM
This forum is holding a contest for all its members, unless you are suspended, you cannot participate. I will give out a free .com or .net domain for a whole year provided by inethoster. This will go to the person with the most posts by October 31st. You cannot get the most posts and then ask to give the domain to someone else, you must get the most posts and i will announce the winner here. you will get the domain of your choice for a whole year. i dont know for sure how many domains i will be able to give out, but there is a high chance of being more than 1 winner. so keep posting and tell anybody that is interested in getting the domain. i am not giving out hosting, it is just a domain. and another thing is that you must have a website published already in order to get the domain, u must show me the website you want to get the domain for. no inappropriate names for the domain.

and by the way, your posts must NOT be SPAM. i will not count spam as a post. spam meaning useless and meaningless post that has nothing to do with the topic or board or whatsoever, or if the post is a one or two or three word answer, make all your posts worth reading and make it count. i will run a system where spam will get u one less post in total. i will look over all the posts made and i will deduct posts if they are spam from your account. only way to be fair for now.

further information about the prize will come soon.

if you have questions or concerns regarding the contest and/or the prize or anything else related to this, ask here!

Good Luck Everybody! ;D :)

LiNuX
09-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Contest Update:

the new deadline for the contest is september 30th. it will go to the person with the most posts that has entered the ontest, and so far, no one has entered. you must pm me telling me that you entered or post in this topic, or else i cant just assume that you have entered. you must show me the site for which you want the domain.

good luck! :)

LiNuX
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Another update:

so far only 1 person has entered the contest, and since its ending at the end of this month, you must have at least 100 posts, for the domain. If no one else enters, it will go to the one participant, a domain of his choice.

TheKing
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
hope i get this one, k im gonna try really hard

LiNuX
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
sorry to burst ur bubble, but staff isnt qualified and u dont meet the requirements :'( sorry man

madness.production
09-15-2006, 01:27 AM
I'm thinking about entering.
And i'm thinking about using the domain for my drivermadness fansite, i'm not sure which part though. But it will be driver related, if you want the links to those other parts i'll give you the lnk via. PM if you want to visit them as i'm try to keep the sites secret until there finished.

LiNuX
09-15-2006, 02:01 PM
good luck madness, now a new update, the deadline has been pushed back to the middle of october, it will end on either october 15th or 20th, i'll update you further here, stay tuned, now two people have entered the contest ;D

madness.production
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
good luck madness, now a new update, the deadline has been pushed back to the middle of october, it will end on either october 15th or 20th, i'll update you further here, stay tuned, now two people have entered the contest ;D.

The 15th is better for me :)
So it looks like it's only me and Thor Erik. :)

LiNuX
09-17-2006, 09:53 PM
ok 15th it is, since its only 2 people, if both of you get a high amount of posts, or what im thinking is referrals, just tell people to join and make a topic in the new members section and tell them to introduce themselves and to write somewhere that one of you invited them here, if i could get more people here, i may be able to get another domain so both of you can have one, right now, i have a guaranteed one domain for one of you ;D with more activity and more posts, i maybe able to get 2 ;D

jasonbay
09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I would also join but im not smart enough to set up a site. It would be fun to try though ..lol

sign89
09-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Sounds awesome, I'm in need of a domain badly!

sign89

Thor Erik
09-18-2006, 01:59 AM
now lets see...
madness AND I need a domain... hmms let's team up ^^ :P

LiNuX
09-18-2006, 02:50 PM
well as i was saying about the referrals, any new members that tells me that you invited them to the forum will get u an additional 5 posts, 5 posts will get added under your name, this would be good for the people that entered late and needs to catch up with the others quickly, sign89 if u need a domain, u have to show me the site its for, madness and thor have already shown me, u can either pm me the link or tell me here

again each referral anyone brings in here, it will count as 5 posts, the extra 5 posts will be added to you, remember that the referral must state that you have invited them, good luck ;D im still trying to get another domain so i can give out 2 :D

diablo
09-18-2006, 04:01 PM
im gonna guess anybody can do that lol, i'll try to get an extra 5 posts without posting lol, sounds fun :D

sign89
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
My webiste is www.pua.yurx.com

see ya!

sign89

Haloer2006
09-23-2006, 11:32 PM
dude 100 posts? thats nothing i got that many in 1 week on designz...
im the only sure what to increase ure post count and also Thor can have the domain. Since im not staff atm.. 24 in 1 day..

sign89
09-24-2006, 03:08 AM
dude 100 posts? thats nothing i got that many in 1 week on designz...
im the only sure what to increase ure post count and also Thor can have the domain. Since im not staff atm.. 24 in 1 day..

Why are you saying to give the domain to thor? I have more posts than him, and I'm in the contest too.

PS: cool graphic sigs man.

sign89

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 06:37 AM
Thor is helping me work on my site. And So i have to pay him back!!
And no one looked at the stuff i added onto the site.. all the grafix..

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 09:52 AM
sign89 is right because he has more posts than thor, but thor is in second place and im giving out two domains ;D if he keeps up his post count, thor can win, contest ends next saturday

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Regarding the contest:

Your domain will be bought from www.namecheap.com ?please i ask all the contestants to make an account there. The domain will be bought and pushed into ur account so you have total access to it. ?Register ahead of time and PM me ur username only. Password is not necessary. ?

Contest will end September 30th. ?But domain may take upto October 2nd to be pushed into your account. ?The reason is because im not buying the domain, my friend is as i said earlier, and he lives in England, so we are not in the same timezones. ?I have to leave him a message and it may time time to respond. ?I will try to get the domain Registered and pushed to the winner's account by the evening of September 30th.

Oh, and for all three people that have entered. please PM me along with your namecheap.com username, the domain you would wish to have. Please make sure it is not taken already.

Agenda: Sign up on www.namecheap.com and then PM me your username and the domain you would wish to have. Only 1 will be selected at the end of this month, another will be selected at the end of next month.

Good luck to all! ;D

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 12:17 PM
hey thor can have my posts!

I dont really need them.. nor do i need a domain..

So give him my posts it should bring him up to 1 or second!

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 12:24 PM
uh..sorry you cant do that, he's already in second place, and if he stays at second place, he will get the second domain im giving out ;D

Thor Erik
09-24-2006, 12:28 PM
oh k =)
well it's not that important Haloer =) i can live with the free domains i got :P

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 12:31 PM
the free ones like something.yurx.com?
or like www.somethinghere.com?
if thats the second 1 ill give points to Sighn

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 12:34 PM
the free ones like something.yurx.com?
or like www.somethinghere.com?
if thats the second 1 ill give points to Sighn

uh..who are u asking that? lol, well somthing.yurx.com u dont have total dns control over it, the one im giving out, you will have control, u have to login and change the nameservers to point to your server and then set up a parked or addon domain ;D, mine is a .com, .net, or .org by the way if u missed it

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 12:35 PM
I might go for it so i can start a gaming network...

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 12:37 PM
go for the domain contest? well u can still enter, at the rate u post lol, 50+ a day, i think u can get to first place by next week ;D thats just bad news for sign89 and thor lol :(

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 12:39 PM
i know but whats wrong with bringing up your post count..
dude look at my custom user thing on yurx..
t2h f0rum sp4m3r..

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 12:41 PM
oh no there is nothing wrong with it lol, and i saw u on yurx too lol, ur a posting monster lol, maybe i should made a rank that says that lol ;D "MONSTER POSTER"

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 12:42 PM
lol.. Sure.. why not....

yeah that is funny though..
humm.. i just have nothing better 2 do..
i stoped playing games..

Thor Erik
09-24-2006, 03:19 PM
hmms, i could really need a .com domain now :-/ i'm taking over www.masteryodaclan.com (the forum, not the domain :()
it's a greate community, but unfortinatley it's quite dead now :(

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 03:43 PM
well there is still 6 days left, and now ur in the lead with the most posts thor, but second place sign89 is close to u tho, madness is the third contestant, he's not trying very hard for the domain lol, and im giving out two, u and sign should be the 2 to get it :D

Thor Erik
09-24-2006, 03:54 PM
yay =D i really need one bc of that forum. peeps there are expecting me to get a .com <.< (typical -.-' that means i need a job soon :( )

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 04:17 PM
dude i joined...
I have the most.. i think..

i cant pm u so ill post it..

Yo..
my name on namecheap is haloer2006
i want sunslash-networks.net
Thanks!!

LiNuX
09-24-2006, 05:34 PM
cool, welcome to the contest i guess lol, u took first place lol ;D bad news for thor and sign89 :D

sunslash-networks.net -- if u win, it will be registered and pushed into ur account ;D

Haloer2006
09-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Thor is in second.. so hopefully he will get the other 1 ^_^
If people keep posting i can get more posts.. u gies cant keep up with me...

Thor Erik
09-24-2006, 11:16 PM
i will talk to my friend to have him to unlock www.masteryodaclan.com =)

name: thorerik
domain i want: www.masteryodaclan.com (not freed yet)

Thor Erik
09-25-2006, 03:28 AM
ok, i've talked to him, the original forum goes down @ 26th nov. =)

LiNuX
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
well the second round domain contest ends at the end of october, im also getting a domain for myself for my school's forum, he already bought it for me, he just has to push it to my account, he bought it saturday, and its registered under his name, he got caught up with work, i dont think that this will interfere when the first round ends.

LiNuX
09-25-2006, 01:31 PM
NEWS:

I may have to go along with my original plan of giving out the domains at the middle of october, that was my original plan, some just encouraged me to end it earlier, i will confirm this by the end of this week, my friend is moving and he is having trouble with this :-/ he said he'll be settled in by october 8th, my orginal plan was to end it on october 15th because i knew he would move, but something made me forget he was moving lol, i'll keep you guys updated

Haloer2006
09-25-2006, 03:14 PM
ok.. that ok..
^_^ tell him have fun

LiNuX
09-25-2006, 06:37 PM
lol i dont think he's having too much fun, he comes home after work from a 2 hour drive, he's moving in like 2 days, he'll be settled in by october 8th, but i'll end the contest at around october 15th just to give him enough time and the other contestants to catch up, cuz at the rate haloer is posting right now, some of the others stand no chance lol

sign89
09-25-2006, 10:28 PM
:'( Ive never had a real domin in my life, and I cant get one cuz I dont have a credit card :'(

Ill try my best to win!

Haloer2006
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
keep trying mate..
Im sorry but i need it too...
>_<

I wish.. i idnt neeed it..

LiNuX
09-28-2006, 03:45 PM
TO ALL CONTESTANTS:

i know you have made an account at namecheap.com but u have to go to ur profile and put in ur personal info and stuff, watever they ask for, because for some reason they wont let anyone push the domain into the account if that info is missing, i went through that trouble for a while, this will waste more time if u do it on the day the contest is over and the winner is selected. please do that before the contest is over.

Haloer2006
09-28-2006, 03:57 PM
i think i added it..

sign89
09-28-2006, 06:40 PM
So 2 people win right?

LiNuX
09-28-2006, 08:20 PM
yes yes, i will give out one in mid october, and another one in end of october, or maybe give out both at the same time if i can get them both

Haloer2006
10-04-2006, 05:25 PM
sweet deal..
I just need 12 more and i pwn twigz..

LiNuX
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
sweet deal..
I just need 12 more and i pwn twigz..

dude its not a contest lol, well the domain contest, but trying to get ahead of others in post lol, twigz isnt even in the domain contest lol, so stop being so competetive about this lol

Haloer2006
10-04-2006, 05:51 PM
no i want to have alot of posts.. not for the domain contest if i where just going for that i would only just get 1 more then sighn89..

LiNuX
10-04-2006, 08:48 PM
To Sign89:

You are second place right now and you have the right to the second domain, i have to ask, did u make the account on namecheap.com? i've been looking over the posts and i cant find urs, i already put down haloer's information, if i skipped it, tell me again lol, im a little rusty right now.

i'll leave a message to him for both domains, so im thinking to give out both at the same time IF he can register both for me.

and remember to have ur address filled out on namecheap :D

sign89
10-05-2006, 07:29 PM
I registered on NameCheap.......my username is sign89, and my email is night.pua@gmail.com

LiNuX
10-05-2006, 09:19 PM
what is the domain that you want sign89? i didnt really need ur email lol, just ur username and the domain that you want registered, i still havent heard from my friend, he's still settling, i'll give him a couple more days before i start panicing lol, hopefully that wont happen :D

sign89
10-06-2006, 01:19 AM
PM sent.

Haloer2006
10-18-2006, 03:20 PM
instead of the domain i posted I would like is dark-lightstudios.com

LiNuX
10-18-2006, 04:08 PM
ok, i'll request that for u now, topic is locked now since contest is over, working out with the 2 winners, haloer2006 and sign89, if u need anything else changed, just pm me, and thank you guys for ur cooperation :D