PDA

View Full Version : RG / GF Minecraft Server Status

W1CKEDTW1STED
04-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey all,

So on my site I post the Minecraft server status. But so you don't all have to visit my site as well as here to find out what the current status is I thought I'd make a thread here as well.

Moral of the story - I will post what is going on with the server here (i.e. Updates, servers down, etc) here. If you are experiencing an issue with the server please also post here. But don't worry because the latest changes and updates will always be posted here in this first post.

Current Status (As of 9/26/2011):
http://minecraftservers.net/images/serverpics/1179_IMG.png (http://minecraftservers.net/vote.php?id=1179)
Server is up and running Bukkit 1.8.1:
CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.8.1 now available | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-for-minecraft-1-8-1-now-available.37832/)

Your Ops are:
W1CKEDTW1STED
Muffincat
Diligence109
BGrylls
IAMSARS
neraverine

Currently installed plugins (As of 6/9/2011):
[INFO] HeroicDeath v1.8.1 - Customizable server broadcasts on player death [211~818] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-heroicdeath-v1-8-1-customizable-server-broadcasts-on-player-death-211-818.3255/)
[TP] Tele++ v1.3.4 - Full-featured teleportation suite [803] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-tele-v1-3-4-full-featured-teleportation-suite-803.13773/)
[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials v2.3 - A collection of useful commands and features [818] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/gen-sec-econ-tp-admn-essentials-v2-3-a-collection-of-useful-commands-and-features-818.15312/)

Muffincat
04-24-2011, 08:08 PM
Yay! :3 We're about to get quite a few more GF people on the server :3

Saph
04-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I think Paec and I are 2, and I think Echo is going to as well?

Together we could build one heck of a stronghold XD

Echo
04-24-2011, 08:32 PM
Yeah,if I had a decent computer.

paecmaker
04-25-2011, 03:51 AM
It depends, how fast internet connection do I need to play on your server?

Diligence109
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
It depends, how fast internet connection do I need to play on your server?

If you can maintain even a weak connection to a server on the east coast of the United States (something like 300ms ping or better) you could play Minecraft - the game doesn't demand a perfect internet connection because there isn't that much action based gameplay (a little lag wont ruin you).

If you're curious, head over to pingtest.net and test to a server on the east coast and see what it looks like.

I'll have to cross post in this thread and on Respawngaming now XD

Saph
04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
So I'd just like to add here, since now that I'm here :p

I played the demo of Minecraft as some of you may know, and I started out not having ANY idea what was going on....I mean imagine what I was thinking when I entered a game that EVERYONE talks about, and all I see are square trees and square pigs running around oinking and I'm armed with a stick, and I beat some dirt and I get a cube of dirt to fight with? Lol :p Imagine my facial expression at this point, I couldn't leave the game fast enough...

Then I asked Dili to make the review to give me an idea(thx again for promptness, dili!). The review, mixed with the promise of actually playing alongside you guys made me give Minecraft another shot. I began actually doing things with a purpose. I built myself a bunker complete with indoor underground network to dig through(Got REALLY far down by the way, though I may need some training from someone who is REALLY good at digging tunnels!)

I was even chased by a spider at one point, and I ran like a mad man into my house, turned on my heels and slammed the door shut...The spider sat ON my door the whole day before it finally left when I went into my underground network for the day.

And to put a point through: Daylight is NOT always safe...Skeletons and zombies come out at night, yeah, but Exploding slime monsters and giant spiders are out during the day too :-/

Either way, I finished the demo and admired the work I had managed to do in just a few in game days, I made a good 12 cubes long and 7 cubes wide bunker with 2 rooms, one for crafting, one for hiding, complete with glass windows all around to be able to look in all directions, and a staircase leading to my catacombs.

I am sad to have to see it go, I loved that place quite abit, probably because it kept me safe from monsters XD

But it gave me valuable experience, and I feel that much more ready now to start from scratch with an amateurs perspective instead of a novice, and actually begin building something awesome from the get go!

And the game is actually scary :S You dont have much defense in the beginning so you have to turn tail and RUUUUUN! XD Its quite fun!

But either way, I just wanted to give you my first hour of gameplay review! In 2 weeks I'll get the real deal, and I will claim the chest of stuff that Muffin has made for me :)

paecmaker
04-25-2011, 12:29 PM
bunker is just the beginning. I built a(big) pyramid and was going to build some temples outside.

Saph
04-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I bet XD It was pretty fun to make though, and I was wondering if I had time, if I could build an underground lair, since I like holes so much XD

Exentenzed
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Completed my harbour today, complete with a lighthouse and railroad connection to the main castle. **** is epic... :D

W1CKEDTW1STED
04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
I am appointing Dili and Muffin to Moderators of the server.

I fired and banned the last two I had helping me out. :D

They were young and running the server like two morons. They are better off gone.

Saph
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
Seriously you can make a railroad!?!?!? Like seriously? With rails n ****???

LiNuX
04-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I like how you have a big grin after firing someone.

and +rep to you for sharing your server with GF

W1CKEDTW1STED
04-25-2011, 07:12 PM
I like how you have a big grin after firing someone.

and +rep to you for sharing your server with GF

Yeah, they were young and were mean to Dili and Muffin, another reason they are gone. I'm happy to know that I have an actual mature crowd running the server now. :D

Saph
04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
And you'll have a group of people you know quite well in it with you :)

Muffincat
04-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Yay! :3

We're also more active than they are XD And they were total jerks and banned us twice for no reason XD

Thanks, W1CKED, that will be awesome. And it's so nice of you to allow us to chillax on your server.

I MADE A BEAUTIFUL FOUNTAIN IN OUR COURTYARD :3

W1CKEDTW1STED
04-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Well looks like Canary (http://www.canarymod.net/) is back to square one. Looks like they had a problem with their update and now they have to start all over. I'll keep you guys posted as info becomes available.

First post has also been updated.

Muffincat
04-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Wow, that sucks o.o Hope they manage to fix it soon oO

W1CKEDTW1STED
04-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Server is back to normal! CanaryMod (http://www.canarymod.net/) is up-to-date and running flawlessly. Enjoy!

Exentenzed
04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
May i ask what part of it is added? Because from what i understand it is a huge pack of mods. :/

Or atleast what Canary mod entails. :P

W1CKEDTW1STED
05-03-2011, 08:15 AM
Lava and TNT are allowed again. Made the change this morning. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Also, people were curious of the plugins installed with Canary. Currently installed plugins are: GriefAlert, godPowers, DalaSetGroup, DalaSetHome, ListColors, DalaChat

Updated the first post as well.

Saph
05-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Hay W1cked I have a question that you might be able to help me with.

So I had an issue yesterday with that my Minecraft would be black screen, not respond, then shut down on its own. I tried rebooting etc. and even tried reinstalling Java completely, still wouldnt work. So I remembered by step retracing, that I had VERY RECENTLY installed the Photo Realism texture pack. I went to the texturepacks folder and removed it. Minecraft now works...

But I REALLY want that texture pack, or something similar to it! I tried deleting the file and redownloading it, same result, game wont respond and shuts down. I remove the tex pack, and it works fine.

Do you either:

1) Have a solution that might make it work again?
or
2) Have a different texture pack that looks as good?

Thanks, and if you cant help with this no problem at all.

W1CKEDTW1STED
05-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Hay W1cked I have a question that you might be able to help me with.

So I had an issue yesterday with that my Minecraft would be black screen, not respond, then shut down on its own. I tried rebooting etc. and even tried reinstalling Java completely, still wouldnt work. So I remembered by step retracing, that I had VERY RECENTLY installed the Photo Realism texture pack. I went to the texturepacks folder and removed it. Minecraft now works...

But I REALLY want that texture pack, or something similar to it! I tried deleting the file and redownloading it, same result, game wont respond and shuts down. I remove the tex pack, and it works fine.

Do you either:

1) Have a solution that might make it work again?
or
2) Have a different texture pack that looks as good?

Thanks, and if you cant help with this no problem at all.

I personally don't use texture packs. Did you check to make sure it's compatible with the most recent update of Minecraft?

W1CKEDTW1STED
05-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Server is live but the plugins are down again until they are updated for the new 1.6 version. Here is the change list from Notch (http://notch.tumblr.com/):

1.6:

New features:
+ Added Nether support to multiplayer
+ The client will ask minecraft.net if the current login is valid. If the server says “no”, a warning message appears in the client. You can still play the game even if this happens.
+ Added craftable maps
+ Added hatches
+ Added tall grass in some biomes
+ Mushrooms now spreads (very) slowly
+ Added server property view-distance. Sets the radius of terrain updates (in chunks) to send to the players. Range 3-15, default 10.
+ Added dead shrubs in deserts
+ Added allow-nether (set to true or false) in server.properties
+ Blocks destroyed by other players in multiplayer now shows the breaking block particle effect
+ Doors make sound for other players in multiplayer
+ The record player now supports more than 15 different songs (you can’t get the records yet, though)
+ Activated dispensers make sounds and trigger particles in multiplayer
+ Players stuck in walls will slide towards the nearest gap if there is one

Changes:
* Disabled Advanced OpenGL until we can fix some bugs with it
* It’s no longer possible to build solid blocks on the top layer of the maps (sorry!)
* Made booster tracks speedier
* Severely nerfed fire so it spread slower, and doesn’t spread infinitely
* Seeds are now found in tall grass, using a hoe on the ground no longer works
* Compressed network traffic more agressively
* Blocks that don’t change appearance when the data changes don’t send block updates when their data changes now
* Arrows shot by players can now be picked up by all players
* Nothing riding anything or being ridden by anything can enter portals

Bugfixes:
* Fixed running out of memory corrupting the current level
* Fixed the side textures of grass getting extra dark when mining them
* Fixed anaglyph 3d rendering mode having severe visual bugs
* Fixed the crash screen vanishing immediately
* Fixed not being able to target blocks when at x or z pos 1000
* Fixed the achievements screen messing up the sky color
* Fixed saving while sneaking dropping the player through the ground
* Fixed a system clock change messing up the game speed
* Fixed rain sounds not playing with fast graphics enabled
* Fixed hair and cloaks being rendered in the wrong locations on sneaking players
* Fixed the attack/swing animation not being applied to the armor layer
* Fixed player rotation not being loaded correctly when loading a saved game
* Fixed arrow physics, making them not get stuck midair when you open a door
* Fixed arrows hitting reeds, portals, and other non-solid blocks
* Fixed keybindings not getting saved properly under certain conditions
* Fixed the player not being able to sneak off lowered blocks like cacti
* Fixed a bug where the player could mine without swinging their arm
* Fixed boats placed on snow being placed too far up
* Fixed submerged boats rising very very fast
* Fixed sand dropping onto boats getting stuck in a falling animation
* Fixed a game crash when riding a vehicle or animal into the nether
* Fixed falling while riding not dealing damage to the rider
* Fixed buttons and levers too close to the player being impossible to use
* Fixed dispensers shooting through walls
* Fixed fire hurting through wall corners
* Fixed entities reaching water through wall corners
* Fixed placing doors next to cacti creating half-doors
* Fixed buttons and levers being placeable on leaves in “fast graphics” mode
* Fixed furnaces and dispensers not dropping their contents when destroyed
* Fixed dispensers biasing later slots
* Fixed farmland taking too long to dig
* Fixed tilling below some blocks being possible
* Fixed tilling the underside of blocks somehow working
* Fixed fences and stairs sometimes becoming invisible
* Fixed walking on top of fences not producing step sounds
* Fixed fire sometimes existing mid-air as an invisible block of pain
* Fixed fences and wooden stairs not being flammable
* Fixed fire effect on burning entities sometimes getting rendered in the wrong location
* Fixed fishing rod rendering being a bit lacking
* Fixed fishing rods being stackable
* Fixed mining glass hiding the clouds behind the glass
* Fixed rain falling through liquids
* Fixed items in glass blocks not getting ejected properly
* Fixed water interacting strangely with glass
* Fixed glass not blocking rain sound
* Fixed fences and signs preventing grass from growing
* Fixed rain and snow being incorrectly lit
* Fixed grass staying alive below stair blocks
* Fixed the achievement screen not pausing the game
* Fixed some screens breaking the sky tint color
* Fixed fullscreen mode switching causing mouse issues and screen closes
* Fixed chat messages surviving through game switches
* Fixed ice so it regenerates regardless of whether it’s snowing or not
* Fixed rain falling too slowly
* Fixed levers being placeable on weird locations
* Fixed floor levers sometimes not delivering a signal downwards
* Fixed floor levers sometimes not being removed when the floor is removed
* Fixed rail tiles sometimes not properly connecting to a new neighbor
* Fixed minecarts next to each other causing extreme velocities (sorry!)
* Fixed wolves not following their owner if the name has different caps
* Fixed creepers retaining charge level when they can’t see their target
* Fixed dying in the nether spawning new portals
* “Fixed” beds in the nether
* Fixed inventory acting weird when portaling by making the portal close all screens
* Fixed wooden pressure plates being mined with pickaxes
* Fixed redstone repeaters having the wrong particles
* Fixed saplings being plantable through snow onto non-grass blocks
* Fixed ore density varying per quadrant from the center of the world
* Fixed dispenser graphics being one pixel off. ONE PIXEL!!!
* Fixed mushrooms spawning everywhere during nights
* Fixed animals only spawning near light during the night
* Fixed the multiplayer join screen input field being too short
* Fixed IPv6 addresses being parsed wrongly. To connect to a specific port in IPv6, use the format [1234:567::1]:25565
* Fixed network packets being sent unbuffered, causing huge amounts of packets being sent
* Fixed entity positions going out of synch sometimes. They get re-synched every 20 seconds now.
* Fixed inventory icons not animating after being picked up in multiplayer
* Fixed mushroom soup not leaving a bowl in multiplayer
* Fixed entities above the map height limit becoming invisible
* Fixed healing not flashing the health bar in multiplayer
* Fixed arrows being animated really strangely in multiplayer
* Fixed arrows triggering too many entity move updates in multiplayer
* Fixed the compass not pointing at the spawn location in multiplayer
* Fixed fires being impossible to put out in multiplayer
* Fixed record players spawning client-side fake records in multiplayer
* Fixed records not playing for other players in multiplayer
* Fixed players spawning in the wrong location and quickly lerping to the correct location
* Fixed monsters not being visible for players with their difficulty set to peaceful
* Fixed pigs getting hit by lightning in multiplayer spawning client-side zombie pigmen
* Fixed loads of exploding tnt generating way too many particles, possibly crashing the client
* Fixed bonemeal use in multiplayer sometimes spawning fake client-side trees
* Fixed saplings sometimes spawning trees client-side in multiplayer
* Fixed weather sometimes changing client-side in multiplayer
* Fixed grasscolor.png and foliagecolor.png not being read from texture packs
* Fixed stats getting saved to different files in offline mode if the caps in the player name differ from the true spelling
* Fixed fireballs not being visible in multiplayer
* Fixed ghasts’ fireing animation not being visible in multiplayer
* Fixed receiving more items than the maximum stack size sometimes causing an oversized stack in the inventory

I'll let you guys know as soon as the plugins are back.

ROFLBRYCE
05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
Thank youuuu now I can get back to Minecrafting :)

Michatah
06-01-2011, 01:09 PM
For some reason I've been unable to connect to the server. I keep getting an error that says: Internal Exception: java. net.SocketTimeoutException: Read time out

It happens after the screen gets stuck on "logging in" for about 20 seconds.

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue. It just started happening after I updated minecraft.

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Try it now. Should be fixed. It was hung up. Restarted it and looks like it's good to go now.

Muffincat
06-01-2011, 02:45 PM
It was up for a little but went back downnnn

It does this pretty frequently... usually we just have to stop playing for a while and then come back later :(

Diligence109
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
it's hung again :( kick it?

(P.S. - gimmeh VNC server access so I can reboot it when it hiccups?)

EDIT: 9pm and still dead D: I've played so much LoL today because of this

EDIT: 11pm ;_;

Michatah
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Yah sadly I'm still unable to join. It's funny that I've never experienced this before now.

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-02-2011, 06:59 AM
It's back up. It seems there is a java error somewhere because that is what keeps hanging it.

(P.S. - gimmeh VNC server access so I can reboot it when it hiccups?)

Working on it. Problem is is that it's on my domain, so you'd have full access to my network. :) Granted we are friends and all, but even my wife doesn't have full access to my servers. :D

Diligence109
06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Working on it. Problem is is that it's on my domain, so you'd have full access to my network. :) Granted we are friends and all, but even my wife doesn't have full access to my servers. :D

haha fair enough XD figured it was something like that where you don't want me squirreling around with everything you own!

Also, it's down again already ;_; I didn't even get to play during the ~4 hour uptime!

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Alright, trying to get CraftBukkit installed right now... I'll post another update in a bit.

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Server is back up.

We are now running CraftBukkit - Per Dili's request.

Your Ops are:
w1ckedtw1sted
muffincat
diligence109
bgrylls
iamsars
neraverine

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Just wanted to give you guys a quick update that we are reviewing a bunch of available plugins for Bukkit and determining which ones are best fit for our server. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
Got these plugins installed today:
[INFO] HeroicDeath v1.8.1 - Customizable server broadcasts on player death [211~818] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/info-heroicdeath-v1-8-1-customizable-server-broadcasts-on-player-death-211-818.3255/)
[TP] Tele++ v1.3.4 - Full-featured teleportation suite [803] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-tele-v1-3-4-full-featured-teleportation-suite-803.13773/)
[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials v2.3 - A collection of useful commands and features [818] | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/gen-sec-econ-tp-admn-essentials-v2-3-a-collection-of-useful-commands-and-features-818.15312/)

Michatah
06-11-2011, 01:04 AM
These mods are great. There is only one problem. I'm not sure that the permissions for teleporting were set correctly. Anyone in the server can teleport and though this has come in quite useful for building the minecart rail that will be connecting Diligence's castle to our settlement, it has also become a problem. There are some new people to the server who have been abusing the power of teleportation. One in particular is the user named TerriU. He has been causing all sorts of trouble, repeatedly killing other players and stealing their inventories. He even killed me once while I was just innocently digging a tunnel.

I'm not sure if there is anything you could do about this particular player. I'd like to see them banned personally for causing so much trouble.

We were all doing fine when only a few of us knew about teleporting until TerriU came along and figured it out for himself and started causing all sorts of mischief and pain.

Any solution would be great. I'd personally like to see teleporting stay, or at least some form of it. Like I said it's become very handy while I've been digging this ridiculously long tunnel. (I think its over 10k blocks long and its a very very very long walk).

I apologize for any crummy grammar or spelling or run-on sentences, its 2 am!

Diligence109
06-11-2011, 01:45 PM
I banned TerriU, wasn't a fan of him to begin with so I wasn't surprised that he crossed the line.

Permissions really, really need to be fixed on the new plugins x.x

Michatah
06-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Thanks, he was really getting to be a bother.

And I definitely agree with the permissions. I'm hoping we don't run into anymore trouble until they do get sorted.

W1CKEDTW1STED
06-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I will work on fixing them today for you guys. :)

Diligence109
06-12-2011, 11:14 AM
yaaaaay no more griefers with super powerssss

Saph
06-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Hay guys, finally found a good Minecraft thread to speak in :p

Sorry I havn't been on Minecraft for a while, most of you know that I recently moved, and as such my connection is ****(I'm on this little USB mobile broadband plug which is 8 times SLOWER than the one I should've gotten 5 days ago -.-)

I'm gonna give LoL a try tonight, so those of you who play LoL, look around for me if you wanna witness my likely epic failure due to connection issues!!!

ROFLBRYCE
06-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Why not just make a whitelist? Then just approve all of those that would like to connect, that are RG/GF members.

Diligence109
06-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Why not just make a whitelist? Then just approve all of those that would like to connect, that are RG/GF members.

This idea was lofted earlier but I/we opted out for it because I didn't want the hassle of having to pre-approve new members for the server.

Also, sometimes the random people that show up to the server turn out to be nice people that make nice forum inductees (like Michatah).

Also, our server doesn't get too much trouble/griefers (aside from that group that was headed by lord's friends because he was butthurt about being demodded/banned) so it hasn't really been an issue.

Samus-Fan
07-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Muffincat gave me the IP, but when I tried to connect it said the server was outdated. Has it not been updated to 1.7.2?

Muffincat
07-01-2011, 08:30 PM
No, it hasn't, yet. We have to poke W1CKED to update, but mods won't be up for a little while anyway.

If you have a client that hasn't been updated yet, then you can play on it, but if not, you'll have to wait.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Oh. My bad. If you guys PM me when it needs attention, I jump right on it. I will update it today for you guys. :)

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Added a live status box. Enjoy. :)

Sidenote: Would it be ok to sticky this thread?

LiNuX
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Was actually thinking about sticky. Just did it.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Was actually thinking about sticky. Just did it.

Awesome. Thanks LiNuX!

Diligence109
07-08-2011, 04:07 PM
The server has been really unstable lately - as soon as more than one person tries to connect it panics, pisses itself, and then falls into a helpless heap in the corner wondering why life is so unfair and goes offline.

It's been better in the past, does the poor baby need some love, affection, and a quick reboot?

Jokersvirus
07-15-2011, 06:42 AM
Question/suggestion.
Would wicked think about installing a mod that allows players to lock their boxes. I think its called lockett or something close. Being on the server there has been a person or two asking if they could move into my house and since I do not know them I dont want them to hit my supplies.

Callanrobertson
07-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey i started playing about ten minutes ago and this server is a ghost town no-ones's there my house is that dirt one by the way :cheesy: I like the whitelist idea then you don't get stupid noob's playing and ruining the world

Synge
07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Hey i started playing about ten minutes ago and this server is a ghost town no-ones's there my house is that dirt one by the way :cheesy: I like the whitelist idea then you don't get stupid noob's playing and ruining the world

There aren't as many people playing as there used to be. I'm on occasionally and Muffin and Dili and a couple others are still about. Also, they moved the spawn point. All of the buildings and stuff are realllly far away, just ask one of them to port you next time they're on.

Diligence109
07-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, we move the spawn point so that people can join the server but be effectively harmless. The server has pulled in some good people so we don't want to lock everyone out with a whitelist.

Just a note: the server will likely get a reset when the 1.8 update comes out because we want NPC villages and ruins and the like. This server was generated before the clay bugfix that came in 1.7, too, so it would be nice to actually have clay spawn in the world, too.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Hey all, I know I have seen many questions and people looking for me to fix the server but in the release that was running there was a lot of bugs and a lot of complaints. The good news it looks like they worked out most of the bugs.

The RG/GF MC server has been updated to 1.7.3.

Feel free to read up on the change log. Any questions, please post here or PM me.

CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.7.3 now available | Bukkit Forums (http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/craftbukkit-for-minecraft-1-7-3-now-available.26791/)

Chairz
08-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Server's been griefed bad. As far as I know, a lot of peoples' homes have been destroyed by a guy named "lemonpickle" for no reason.
To me and my boyfriend, he burnt down everything and stole all of our chests (which had tons of diamonds, iron, coal, redstone, and the normal supplies.)

Diligence109
08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
okay, I've caved - gonna look into a whitelist. Starting conversation with W1CKED and other mods over on RG. If others are okay, I might do a server reset too - let me know what you think!

If you've been hit by griefing let me or Muffincat know - I'll be signing on more often for now and can help recoup your losses

Muffincat
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I already PM'd W1CKED about a whitelist yesterday, but didn't get a response yet. Hopefully he's just busy :P

EpsilonX
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
My old house got hit, but I didn't really have much in it. A wheat farm, a cane farm, a chest full of wheat, cane, hoes, cobble, 2 beds, some signs, some doors, and some torches. This really big excellent place has been majorly griefed though, I took some screenshots to share with everyone

(yes, i am holding a lava bucket. I was trying to clean up all the lava. no, i did not put it there)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1049/20110809235950.png
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1479/20110809235928.png
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6296/20110810001145.png
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7201/20110809235953.png
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6375/20110809235957.png
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7392/20110810000550.png
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/45/20110810000556.png
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2531/20110810000604.png
Before, the trees was a big tree farm, and the lava with the glass was decorative lava flows behind a glass wall. The one shot from the oustside was a wheat farm that used redstone and pistons. the redstone and pistons are now gone. I don't know who's house this is, does anyone else know?

Muffincat
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
We're going to try to get the whitelist as soon as possible (so make sure you are listed in this thread (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=20413) because we will probably be using it as a base for our whitelist).

I personally would like to hold off on a server reset until 1.8 happens, which won't be too far away. I'm sorry for all your guys' stuff getting griefed. I really wish we had had the ability to set the spawn point like we had asked for >_>

Ilyich Valken
08-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I say hold off on the server reset until we absolutely need to or 1.8 (whichever comes first)

EpsilonX
08-11-2011, 12:58 PM
well, some of us still have stuff and are enjoying the game, and there's cool creations (i still really wanna see the stuff muffin and dili made) so we should just hold off on a reset until the new patch.

god, i feel like im playing diablo 2 and they're resetting the ladder haha

Ilyich Valken
08-11-2011, 01:00 PM
god, i feel like im playing diablo 2 and they're resetting the ladder haha

Haha I was thinking that when I typed my response.

Muffincat
08-11-2011, 01:03 PM
We're going to try and get W1CKED to save the world file before he resets it and have it available for download (I don't really know the logistics here), so hopefully that will be an option so it won't be completely gone.

I really like the idea of all of us starting over in a new, nicely patched world with a whitelist, though :)

EpsilonX
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
So do I. And we've been getting some new faces lately, we just have to make sure they're trustworthy.

jcmcdo12
09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
It's down! D: Could you fix it?

egg-whites333
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
they know when its down i don't think there is a need to tell them.

jcmcdo12
09-02-2011, 05:43 PM
they know when its down i don't think there is a need to tell them.

Well...if they don't they do now, if they do, well then that's ok too :)

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I've had to fix a bunch of small issues on my network... So with the recent downtime from Irene I thought it was convenient to fix what needed to be fixed...

With that said and without further ado, the server is back online. Everyone play nice in the sandbox together. :p

jcmcdo12
09-03-2011, 09:17 AM
I've had to fix a bunch of small issues on my network... So with the recent downtime from Irene I thought it was convenient to fix what needed to be fixed...

With that said and without further ado, the server is back online. Everyone play nice in the sandbox together. :p

Thank You W1CKED! I've been really wanting to play on the server hehe. Thanks again.

egg-whites333
09-03-2011, 11:23 PM
how come i never see anyone on... ever :( i need a better time zone

ROFLBRYCE
09-04-2011, 01:57 PM
how come i never see anyone on... ever :( i need a better time zone

You're on the same time zone as a ton of people. Seems like the forum is either from Europe, or the East coast/central time. By the time I go to play in the morning, or at night, everyone's working, or sleeping.

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-04-2011, 08:53 PM
Thank You W1CKED! I've been really wanting to play on the server hehe. Thanks again.

You are welcome!

egg-whites333
09-07-2011, 02:59 PM
hey i got my own account its superhog8777 so if you see me i would like an escort to a town of some sort because dieing from a creeper would suck on the first time im there

Diligence109
09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
1.8 is live! Can you reset and update the server and put in a whitelist? Time for endermen, strongholds, and stackable meat!

Ilyich Valken
09-16-2011, 04:28 PM
I would just like to point out, if you upgrade to 1.8, you more than likely won't be able to play on the server until it's updated. I currently can't.

Muffincat
09-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that's how it always worked. You can't play on any server that hasn't been updated to the current version if your client is current.

So yeah, if anyone's unaware of that, don't update or make a copy of your .exe.

Trunks
09-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Nice to see that you have your own minecraft server, I haven't played it in awhile, I used to play on a server with a few friends. I'll have to check it out sometime, I use to be in love with this game.

egg-whites333
09-20-2011, 03:18 PM
i just updated :( if i knew that would of been nice i hope the sever is ready soon

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Waiting for CraftBukkit to be updated... Server is no fun with no mods. :p

egg-whites333
09-20-2011, 04:14 PM
when mo creatures gets updated you should add it because i want some horses :)

Muffincat
09-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I'd actually like to be able to start playing, mods or not :(

Dili and I found someone's random vanilla server that we've been playing on, and I actually prefer the game without mods.

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-21-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd actually like to be able to start playing, mods or not :(

Dili and I found someone's random vanilla server that we've been playing on, and I actually prefer the game without mods.

We can go Vanilla if you want... Let me know. ;)

Muffincat
09-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Nah, mods are nice to have for things like moderating, though I don't think we'll need very many if we have a whitelist.

People are pretty attached to /home, I don't think we need that giant "essentials" thing with iconomy and everything... actually, maybe I will make a new thread and ask what mods people want for the server :P

Diligence109
09-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Nah, mods are nice to have for things like moderating, though I don't think we'll need very many if we have a whitelist.

People are pretty attached to /home, I don't think we need that giant "essentials" thing with iconomy and everything... actually, maybe I will make a new thread and ask what mods people want for the server :P

just because I like threads to cross reference each other so the forum is nice and organized, the thread mentioned in this post was opened and is here (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?p=294325#post294325)

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Server has been updated. World has been reset as requested. Enjoy. :D

ROFLBRYCE
09-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Just in time for 1.9, xD

Diligence109
09-26-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm gettin' in there and building a modest house at the spawn!

I'll leave some resources in the house close to spawn to help other people start out :) I'm getting these resources legit - not by item spawning! Take what you need to start out and leave some resources in the community spawn chest for others! :D

Heck, even come back and put some things in there for your fellow forum mates ^_^ let's get out there and settle the server! Endermen ho!

egg-whites333
09-26-2011, 04:04 PM
im going to be on asap

Muffincat
09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Just fyi, we still need a whitelist :(

Also, the spawn is protected for some reason and no one but OPs can do anything to it, not even open doors. Which is kind of a problem :(

egg-whites333
09-26-2011, 08:42 PM
ya im trapped in the house :(

Muffincat
09-26-2011, 10:13 PM
It turns out they can interact with objects that require a right click, but nothing that requires a left click (digging, etc). They CAN open doors, but only with a right click, not a left click.

Synge
09-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Is the server gonna be reset again for 1.9?

egg-whites333
09-27-2011, 09:28 PM
whens 1.9?

Synge
09-27-2011, 09:31 PM
Can't be too far off, 1.9 pre-release was released a few days ago.

Muffincat
09-27-2011, 10:08 PM
No, there's no reason for it to be o.o It was reset for 1.8 because stuff like NPC villages, abandoned mines, new biomes, and strongholds were all being released. Anything new in 1.9 will be generated when we move out from spawn - there's no way we'll cover too much space in that time period. It would have been annoying in the old world trying to find new chunks that hadn't been generated before, but won't be with this world.

Synge
09-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Ah, okay. Just wanted some confirmation before I started building anything. :]

HamadaLFC8
09-27-2011, 10:45 PM
So wait the server is back up ? :D so i can finally join u guys ???

Ilyich Valken
09-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Well, it was. It seems to be down right now for whatever reason.

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Server is back up. Had a slight hiccup.

And we are back to
http://memorylaneminis.com/shop/images/vanilla%20shake.jpg
for now.

I'm going to look at the plugins suggested and get those installed as soon as I can.

Muffincat
09-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks, W1CKED <3

W1CKEDTW1STED
09-28-2011, 12:49 PM
No prob Muffin. :D

egg-whites333
09-30-2011, 09:36 PM
what does vanilla mean?

Diligence109
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
vanilla means that there are no mods installed

egg-whites333
10-01-2011, 08:21 PM
oh cool im getting some bad lag and the creepers are taking advantage my whole half of my house is gone:(

Trunks
10-01-2011, 09:46 PM
The server needs to be white listed soon. Way to many people in there causing problem. I lost like 6 hours of work. It's getting pretty ridiculous.

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Whitelist has been put in place. :D

Diligence109
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much, W1CKED! If anyone needs to be added to the whitelist they should contact Muffin or I though a PM - we play almost every day and can add people.

Synge
10-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Seems I got griefed as well :'(

I was on pretty late last night (around 1 A.M) and all was good, and the whitelist was implemented fairly early today so the bastards must have just barely got me -.-

Oh well, 'least it won't (shouldn't) happen anymore. Thanks Wicked!

ROFLBRYCE
10-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Greifers...I hope my treefort is okay. Thank Wicked for doing all this!

Slay
10-03-2011, 12:37 AM
When you get the time, whitelist me. :)

egg-whites333
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
unless you got a new account you are white listed

Slay
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I can't join for some reason, is it down right now?
"Can't Resolve Host Name"
I have never been on before, so. :/

egg-whites333
10-04-2011, 09:40 PM
if you go to page 1 it will tell you i to lazy to check sorry.

Slay
10-04-2011, 09:59 PM
I spelled it wrong. My bad, want to come there with me?

egg-whites333
10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
ill try but y conections no good

Exentenzed
10-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Would you be so kind as to whitelist me please? :)

Slay
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Someone's there who has no idea what gamers forum is, making me question the whitelist.

ROFLBRYCE
10-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Someone's there who has no idea what gamers forum is, making me question the whitelist.

There's another forum that uses the server, Respawn Gaming. Also, select individuals who happen to be friends either irl or over the net of mods/members, trusted enough to be let on the Whitelist. Noone said anything about the server being GF specific.

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
There's another forum that uses the server, Respawn Gaming. Also, select individuals who happen to be friends either irl or over the net of mods/members, trusted enough to be let on the Whitelist. Noone said anything about the server being GF specific.

That's why it's called the RG / GF Minecraft server. :D

Slay
10-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't think he was to either, due to his killing and greifing.
Crae### was his username, he has a huge ravine mine near the spawn area.
Egw333 was there too.

ROFLBRYCE
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't think he was to either, due to his killing and greifing.
Crae### was his username, he has a huge ravine mine near the spawn area.
Egw333 was there too.

Looks like he's a member on RG, but only joined a couple days ago. Even his bio says "I'm here for the Minecraft", lol. He's just like everyone else who runs and signs up for servers. Sign up, white list, destroy. Well, that's what it looks like to me anyways.

Everyone playing with you guys is white listed, so they have to be from some forum unless we've just got one member ruining it for everybody by saying they're a friend to get them on, etc.

Slay
10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I am completely fine with him being there, he brought creepers to our house, several times, so me and egw did that to his, he learned his lesson.

ROFLBRYCE
10-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I am completely fine with him being there, he brought creepers to our house, several times, so me and egw did that to his, he learned his lesson.

OR he may retaliate more. Don't sign on for the day and then go check out your house later tonight, see if it's still standing. I'd check but I'm not gonna have Minecraft for a few days.

Slay
10-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I am on it right now, and always. :p

Muffincat
10-05-2011, 02:10 PM
I added you to the whitelist, exe.

And I removed Crae. We had suspicions of him being a griefer, and it seems that this is the case... I'll add him again if you want, W1CKED, but I personally have never trusted him :/

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-05-2011, 02:16 PM
And I removed Crae. We had suspicions of him being a griefer, and it seems that this is the case... I'll add him again if you want, W1CKED, but I personally have never trusted him :/

Nope. It's totally your call Muffin. :D You guys are on a lot more than I am. I just added him because he asked. Sorry about that. :(

Muffincat
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
No worries, he just has been extremely suspicious to me, and we're pretty sure he griefed Synge's place... and if what Slay says is true, then I don't want him on.

egg-whites333
10-05-2011, 02:57 PM
wait is h is mine free grabbing if so slay and i call it!

Synge
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
Glad he's gone. We weren't entirely sure it was him, but as Muffin said, he did always seem suspicious..

Egw: You're asking if his mine is up for grabs? I'd say go for it.

Muffincat
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
No, don't take his stuff. We may bring him back on. Don't mess with anything until we're sure.

Slay
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Muffin when you left the server crashed, trunks got back in I think, but now I can't. :/

Exentenzed
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks for adding me Muffins. :)

egg-whites333
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
okay bu t if he wont then slay and i call the rnine

Muffincat
10-07-2011, 03:38 PM
W1CKED, is there anything you can do about the server? It goes down pretty much constantly, whether people are on it or not :/

It's more frequent with more players, but it happens no matter what :(

W1CKEDTW1STED
10-07-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm working on upgrading it. Just waiting for some funds. :)

Diligence109
10-08-2011, 03:12 AM
The server goes down every now and then - it usually comes up again in about 15 minutes when it does crap out.

Muffincat
10-08-2011, 11:47 AM

Aww, cool :3

It's not horrible - like dili said, it does come back up after a while, but it can be a little annoying. Not trying to pester; just not sure if you were aware :3

Slay
10-09-2011, 11:23 AM

I am curious, how do you upgrade it?
Are you getting new hardware? Or...

Exentenzed
10-09-2011, 12:09 PM
That is the meaning of upgrading a server so yea.

Slay
10-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Well, thanks.

Me and synge were just there, the lag was horrible for two people. It took atleast 3 minutes for a chat to appear. You couldn't leave your biome, and a crash happened every 5 minutes or so...

egg-whites333
10-10-2011, 10:06 PM
the house i was going to live in got greifed i dont know why because they didnt take the stuff in chests and i had security so only spiders could get in thanks slay but sorne how i lost rny house :(

Blackbird
10-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Well, I was thinking to get this game to my little brother and try the game myself, he sure enjoy the game but I can't seem to like this game by looking at it.

Slay
10-12-2011, 04:30 PM
the house i was going to live in got greifed i dont know why because they didnt take the stuff in chests and i had security so only spiders could get in thanks slay but sorne how i lost rny house :(
I lol'd I thought you were moving so I gathered the things, to not leave a mess for other members, sorry. If you ever want anything you can ask me, I am doing pretty well on the server.

egg-whites333
10-12-2011, 09:17 PM
oh okay there is one thing the stuff in the chest can i have it.

CraeSC111
10-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I am not sure if the random holes/ missing parts on buildings are grief. They might be creepers. I keep getting holes in a few random parts in my fences and in my mine but nothing important is ever taken.

ROFLBRYCE
10-13-2011, 12:42 AM
I am not sure if the random holes/ missing parts on buildings are grief. They might be creepers. I keep getting holes in a few random parts in my fences and in my mine but nothing important is ever taken.

For the creeper to explode it has to be near someone long enough. Luring the creepers over, and waiting for them to blow is considered griefing imo.

Muffincat
10-13-2011, 12:48 AM
Remember, random holes might be Endermen, too.

And people might accidentally be leading creepers near buildings... guys, if you do this, please fix it/leave a sign/something

ROFLBRYCE
10-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Remember, random holes might be Endermen, too.

Why do I keep forgetting that these things even exist =/

CraeSC111
10-14-2011, 04:30 AM
The small holes are definitely the Endermen. The Spleef arena keeps getting filled with them and its annoying as hell to fix

ROFLBRYCE
10-14-2011, 10:26 AM
The small holes are definitely the Endermen. The Spleef arena keeps getting filled with them and its annoying as hell to fix

They can only move certain types of blocks. Why don't you try building with another type? As of now they can pick up

Grass
Dirt
Sand
Gravel
Flower
Rose
Brown Mushroom
Red Mushroom
TNT
Cactus
Clay
Pumpkin
Jack-O-Lantern
Melon
Mycelium

You might have to go cobblestone man.

EDIT: This is the 1.9 list. My bad. Maybe wait a week until 1.9 is out before doing anything major? Then the cobblestone can't be moved.

Slay
10-14-2011, 01:23 PM
They can't pick up pieces directly from the ground.
They can do any three blocks around them, as long as it isn't higher than there head or below there feet level.

Muffincat
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
They can only move certain types of blocks. Why don't you try building with another type? As of now they can pick up

Grass
Dirt
Sand
Gravel
Flower
Rose
Brown Mushroom
Red Mushroom
TNT
Cactus
Clay
Pumpkin
Jack-O-Lantern
Melon
Mycelium

You might have to go cobblestone man.

EDIT: This is the 1.9 list. My bad. Maybe wait a week until 1.9 is out before doing anything major? Then the cobblestone can't be moved.

Yeah, right now, they can pick up anything. Including bedrock. :|

Notch said he was going to nerf them, so I guess that's the "nerf" list :P

CraeSC111
10-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Lets hope they get nerfed so I don't have to fall to my death in my mine anymore :p

ROFLBRYCE
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
There's some theft going on on the server. Found holes in the wall to my mine/farm/house. There sugarcane, melons, wheat, iron ore/bars, and various other supplies taken from my chest as well.

I can't say what all was missing, but I know I had food and don't now. My chest was packed except for maybe 10 spots, and now it's around half full, maybe a bit more. I'm not pointing fingers but only one other member knew where my house was, so unless someone else just wandered around and found it I'm assuming that for now.

The only real reason that this bothers me is because I had plans for a bit of a project and don't really play MC too much. It's gonna be a pain to get it all back. lots of coal and a stack of string missing too.

Slay
10-17-2011, 10:09 PM
There's some theft going on on the server. Found holes in the wall to my mine/farm/house. There sugarcane, melons, wheat, iron ore/bars, and various other supplies taken from my chest as well.

I can't say what all was missing, but I know I had food and don't now. My chest was packed except for maybe 10 spots, and now it's around half full, maybe a bit more. I'm not pointing fingers but only one other member knew where my house was, so unless someone else just wandered around and found it I'm assuming that for now.

The only real reason that this bothers me is because I had plans for a bit of a project and don't really play MC too much. It's gonna be a pain to get it all back. lots of coal and a stack of string missing too.

Someone took Darkassaults bed. Exploded trunks house. And took my ladders and diamonds.

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 01:25 AM
I still haven't lost anything probably because I only keep dirt seeds and other useless crap in my chests. But I haven't really had any grief problems. And did you lose those diamonds after you moved in slay?

Diligence109
10-18-2011, 04:04 PM
If you want a tl;dr version of this post, just read these big red parts.

everyone's homes on the server are being griefed and robbed. Guys, we have a whitelist and only we are on the server. This is pathetic and depressing.

I don't have necessary plugins installed to manage massive server-wide griefing and with the griefing our server is unplayable, as many have noted in this thread. There are a number of people on the whitelist, many who are not frequently active, and many that could be doing this. Whoever you are, you are pathetic and I'm sorry that you're wasting your time griefing people's things on minecraft because you are so bored that you have nothing better to do with your time.

I have removed everyone from the whitelist. If you want to be readded, send Muffincat or I a personal message and we will get you back on. I took this drastic measure because it is the only thing I can do to maintain the "peace" on the server while staying fair to the fact that we don't know who is griefing. If you would like to play on the server, send Muffincat or I a PM.

I do NOT want to have to take time to find and request W1CKED install a bunch of mods just so I can police the server. We are a small group of friends playing minecraft together - we should not need this measure. If you lost items to this wave of griefing, send me a list of your estimated losses and I'll /give them back to you so you may resume where you left off. I'm usually on the server in the afternoon before I go to work (~2pm to 5pm) or late at night when I get home from work (~4am to 6am). If I'm not on the server during those times, I've probably found something to busy myself with that isn't at the computer, which is good and healthy. That, or I'm in the middle of a round of LoL.

If you are added to the whitelist, make sure that you read, respect, and follow our server's rules (http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=21055). We will not hesitate to remove you from the whitelist if you can't handle our simple, reasonable rules.

Try to really respect each other and this server, fellow gamers. I hope that we can be mature enough as a whole to have nice things.

Slay
10-18-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't plan on coming back.
I lost 1 and a half stack of diamonds, some obsidian, and other rares.
I really like the server, but it just went to far.
Sorry. :/

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't plan on coming back.
I lost 1 and a half stack of diamonds, some obsidian, and other rares.
I really like the server, but it just went to far.
Sorry. :/

Eh slay I'd just stop complaining. Its just stuff. And you're one of the more active members on the server. Wouldn't be fun without my roommate. :p

Slay
10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Oh, and they destroyed your room, took our ladders, removed our floors, took our chests.
Maybe you are right. :/

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Well now I can make all my floors out if the same material :p. Been meaning too. I don't keep important stuff in chests and ladders are easy to replace. No big deal.

Slay
10-18-2011, 04:29 PM
It's just disappointing me someone is so immature that they can't play a game by playing fair. But I guess you're right, I will request a white-listing.

CraeSC111
10-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah griefers are annoying. Wonder who it is. Maybe its.
.. wicked! (Dun dun dun!)

phuongthieubp825
05-19-2021, 09:29 AM