PDA

View Full Version : O! M! F! G!

Delta
05-07-2011, 06:59 PM
PSN sucks etc etc..

Jaykub
05-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Whoa man no need to get THAT mad. we don't mind rants but try to keep it a little clean. I understand we're effected by PSN being down in some way or another.

Jokersvirus
05-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Why are you mad at PSN? They did nothing wrong they were attacked and clearly because of that attack they became active to protect against further attacks THAN they got attacked again stealing more credit card information. Dont hate on Sony for their lack of security measures in place, hate on anonymous, or whoever you believe to be at fault.

Ilyich Valken
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
I think hating on Sony is perfectly fine. They chose not to upgrade their obviously obsolete (and they even knew it was obsolete and weakly protected) browser and security measures. The only thing encrypted on their entire network was credit card info and one other thing, everything else was stored in .txt files.

Not only this, but they dragged ass warning their consumer base of the attack on the system and the leak of sensitive information. All this stemmed from their weak, ineffective security system that we all know they could've had upgraded, they certainly have the money to.

On that note, no. There is no date currently to when PSN is going to be back up. They were hoping for this weekend, but they "realized that wasn't possible" and pushed it back further. So your guess is as good as anybody's.

Jokersvirus
05-07-2011, 09:53 PM
out of curiosity has PSN ever been attaked liked this before? Because if not they wont feel it needed to upgrade their security if nothing is happening. You know the old saying "if its not broke dont fix it"

Muffincat
05-07-2011, 11:11 PM
No, that's not how it works in industries like this... You do NOT store vital information in plain text - you encrypt it. If they'd had even a rudimentary encryption scheme, they'd look at least a bit better... a company should not be storing their customers' data like that. Especially if they are as big as Sony. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer security knows that :(

If you are a large company, you have to count on being the target of an attack at some point, and protect yourself and your customers accordingly.

So... yeah, it is their fault. :/

Jokersvirus
05-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I dont think they left it in plain text muffin unless there is an article i havent read on it. THe biggest issue when it comes to PSN is how many hackers were involved in the attack because the the more hackers you got the better the chance to by pass any and all security measures.

Muffincat
05-08-2011, 12:08 AM
Everything I have read said that they did, and others have confirmed that to me - but I could be wrong on that.

In any case, their security wasn't up to par, which is their fault, and leaves them open to more hackers...

all we can do is hope they learn from it and take better precautions.

Delta
05-08-2011, 12:14 AM
I mean it had to have been an XBOX player. Who would have a PSN account and hack there own online system, and make themselves unable to play on tht online system. That would be retarded. Now, ive been into a few hacked lobbys like on WaW a guy was just shootin at a wall and killed us all. but anyways no one knows wen PSN will be back up? Echo told me one day that they are probably gonna change it from PSN to SOE (Sony Online Entertainment)

BobTD
05-08-2011, 12:17 AM
No, that's not how it works in industries like this... You do NOT store vital information in plain text - you encrypt it. If they'd had even a rudimentary encryption scheme, they'd look at least a bit better... a company should not be storing their customers' data like that. Especially if they are as big as Sony. Anyone with a basic knowledge of computer security knows that :(

If you are a large company, you have to count on being the target of an attack at some point, and protect yourself and your customers accordingly.

So... yeah, it is their fault. :/

What muffins said. Everything I have read online basically points in the same direction.

paecmaker
05-08-2011, 03:07 AM
I mean it had to have been an XBOX player. Who would have a PSN account and hack there own online system, and make themselves unable to play on tht online system. That would be retarded. Now, ive been into a few hacked lobbys like on WaW a guy was just shootin at a wall and killed us all. but anyways no one knows wen PSN will be back up? Echo told me one day that they are probably gonna change it from PSN to SOE (Sony Online Entertainment)

Or they dont play games and where just after money.

Jokersvirus
05-08-2011, 03:47 AM
There is no evidence to support your claim Delta. All we know is some hackers got into the network stole information twice, there is nothing more to it than that.

PSN has to change up his security measure so no, no one knows when it will be online again, not even Sony knows at this time.

Delta
05-08-2011, 04:06 AM
Well, I thank you all for your help you have all been helpful i just dont want to stay at ma mums house ONLY playin MW2 online i hav to kill SOME zombiesbut still thx and i hope PSN or SOE will be up and runnin soon

Havoc
05-08-2011, 05:10 AM
Heh... You're all blaming this fiasco on security measures and on Sony for not having the best security measures.

Newsflash: There is no effective security.
Once something is on the line, there is a way to get to it. That's the law of internet, always been, always will.

Anonymous denied the attack, and imho, I don't think that little group of pity-ass wannabes would've been capable of such a feat.
A system containing the personal data of 77m users has a above-average security, it may not be top notch, but it's Sony, not the Pentagon.

So seriously, since no hacker group has officially claimed verified credit for this outstanding achievement, and I think wind-hauling morons like Anonymous would've done it in a heartbeat, and clearly, there are many groups and/or individuals out there that are a thousandfold more sophisticated than Anonymous, but they're not dumb enough to get so much publicity(Or any publicity at all), I believe it's too easy to blame everything on Sony and its security; there are people out there capable of by far more difficult intrusions than this one.

Sony was a good target for such an attack, as is any other big company that stores sensible data about their customers online. It could've just as well hit XBLA, and then all the 360 fanboys would swarm around and rage and flame. Imagine it would've hit PayPal...

Sony can pull out as much sheit out their ass as they want about whoever did this, but unless it was Anonymous, they will never take credit, and unless it was Anonymous, the FBI will never find out WHO did it. And since it apparently wasn't Anonymous, it's basically a closed case.

I of course have total understanding for your frustration and rage, about your information being compromised or... ehm... PSN being down. (You guys seem awfully eager to use a service which just blew all your personal info out in the wind, but I understand ^^") But seriously, the day this info hit the net, the first thing that came to my mind: Nice Job! xD
The second thing: OOooh... that's gonna be expeeeensive.

(of course everything above is pure speculation and can be proven wrong at any time in case it really was anonymous... but well, we'll see)

Have a great life everyone :D

Saph
05-08-2011, 10:01 AM
First of all: Let me just say that you can wave goodbye to what the hell ever PSN is if SOE takes it over. Whatever SOE touches ends up failing horribly.

For example, SWG(Star Wars: Galaxies) was a massively popular MMORPG, and its easy to find people who used to play it.
Then SoE came along. Within a week of ownership they decided to completely change the game, for example making Bounty Hunters the new most powerful class, leaving those who've spent MONTHS on becoming a Jedi master with one of the weaker classes. People left by the hundreds of thousands, and today I'm not even sure if the servers are still up, and if they are, they wont be much longer I'm sure.

MxO: My dear MxO :( After Sony took it over from Monolith, they yet again decided to change everything, created the Combat Interlock 2.0, which pretty much rewrote the ENTIRE DAMNED BOOK on combat of all kinds in the entire game, meaning that those of us (Me included, I was a well respected master knife thrower) who were quite skilled in PvP etc. , were reduced to bewildered noobs over night. They made the entire combat system work differently, enabling bonus rolls which meant that if you rolled say 50 and your enemy rolled 30, you should get to attack him, but in CI2.0, an enemy could gain bonus rolls, and end up with 55 beating your 50, over and over again, leaving you with a corpse, and him with 100% hp.
All attributes were also rewritten, so EVERYONE had to go out and spend MILLIONS of $info on crafting(or have crafted)new PvP gear that fit the new attributes. I decided to stay a while longer than most, but still, people left by what I think must've been the tens of thousands, and the OG 9 servers were forced to be merged together into 3 servers due to massive underpopulation, whole zones being deserted for weeks on end, not a single person even once entering them. Still, after merging the servers, they still only had maximum of a few hundred to MAYBE 1000 players. Servers were shut down in 2009(read my review :D)

So yeah, I dont know what PSN is cause I've never used Xbox live or PS3 whatever it is, but I know that it wont be around much longer if SOE buys it.

Ilyich Valken
05-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Heh... You're all blaming this fiasco on security measures and on Sony for not having the best security measures.

Newsflash: There is no effective security.
Once something is on the line, there is a way to get to it. That's the law of internet, always been, always will.

No one's saying that it wouldn't have happened whether it be Sony, Microsoft, or Apple, but all information at this point has said that their security system was horribly under-par. This just so happens to be the third or fourth time their security's been broken into this year alone.

Mind you, that was for less nefarious purposes like homebrew functions and being able to play burned games, but it is what it is.

They stored sensitive information in plain-text documents for "ease of use" for the company and they dragged ass in alerting anyone (they waiting 3 days to even contact the FBI that there was unauthorized activity on the PSN and even longer to alert their consumers), and they still don't know what the hell happened.

It's even been found they've been using an outdated and unsecured version of their browser (and they knew they were) for a long time now. Everything about this fiasco screams sub-par security.

Muffincat
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Yeah, it's not about the fact that you can get hacked if you have higher security. Sure, obviously. There are really intelligent people out there who can get by anything.

Their standards for security were EXTREMELY low, however - it's like they weren't even trying to protect this information... which obviously bothers people. If you're a high profile company, you need higher security. It's common sense. If they'd been hacked and had better security, it would be less of a "wtf are you doing with my information," and more of a "oh man that sucks; why do people have to ruin things."

And the more security you have, the more hackers you keep out. Sure, someone who knows what they're doing could still get in, but at least not every geeky little kid in his basement with a computer can hack it.

Delta
05-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I've been watchin LOADS of TV since PSN has been down. I know, I know, you guys are thinkin "Why dont you play campaigns or get trophys." Well, I already played all the campaigns and gotten nearly all trophys except for the Hidden ones or the 2 player ones. But anyways i havent seen ONE commercial since they weere hacked. so PSN better learn from there mistakes

Havoc
05-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Ah this is pointless. With the massive amounts of butthurt caused by this nobody seems to be able to get their facts together. But yea I get the point.

paecmaker
05-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Ok, see if I got it all right.

Playstation live did go down because of a hacker attack. After being down for a long time they starting up again jsut to be attacked again by anomynos hacker. It get known that they had lousy security and that now several creditcard codes and stuff been "stolen".

And now no one knows when it will go back up again.

Did that sum it up?

Havoc
05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Ok, see if I got it all right.

Playstation live did go down because of a hacker attack. After being down for a long time they starting up again jsut to be attacked again by anomynos hacker. It get known that they had lousy security and that now several creditcard codes and stuff been "stolen".

And now no one knows when it will go back up again.

Did that sum it up?

Naw, they only got attacked twice in april. Now they were only retarded enough to put spreadsheets with confidential data onto a public, unsecured server and some "hackers" snatched it and uploaded it. Whole different thing, but in Sonys book this still constitutes hacking. That's as of... yesterday evening? I think that's why they delayed PSN until mid-May.

Muffincat
05-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Ah this is pointless. With the massive amounts of butthurt caused by this nobody seems to be able to get their facts together. But yea I get the point.

No one is even being butthurt o_O Don't be condescending.

We're talking about a company and the way they handle the information of their customers... Apparently Sony wasn't doing a very good job of it. That's all people are saying; I don't see most of the people commenting as being "butthurt" in any way, shape, or form.

There is no reason for you to act as if people are.

And you just admitted they're being stupid with their security measures... wtf?

Saph
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM

We're talking about a company and the way they handle the information of their customers... Apparently Sony wasn't doing a very good job of it. That's all people are saying; I don't see most of the people commenting as being "butthurt" in any way, shape, or form.

I agree with muffin in this one bro, no one here are being butthurt about anything. And as Muffin pointed out, you're the one who complained about their bad security.

Havoc
05-08-2011, 03:44 PM

Are you trying to put words in my mouth as always? Gimme a break.

I didn't say "all the people here are being butthurt"; I was referring to the overall state caused by this incident, if you read the comment sections on gamespot for example, you'll see more butthurt than you need.

If that was misunderstood, I apologize. And I'll use the word "upset" from now on if that puts your rainbow mind at ease.

And it's pointless for me to make a point(see what I did there?) because everybody thinks to know whats right, and there are like tons of pages and each has their own assumption on whats going on, Sony is, naturally, as vague as possible about the facts.

Some people are upset because PSN is down, some are upset because their data was leaked, others are upset because Sony has a lame-ass security.

I also never said that sonys security is great. So I didn't technically "admit" that they are being stupid with their security. I just pointed out the obvious.
All I ever said was that their security had no part in this play if this was a sophisticated attack.

Next time, I'd be nice if you read a little less between the lines before you try to tag me for something I didn't do or say.

Jokersvirus
05-08-2011, 04:21 PM
I think they are being vague because they dont want to be... for a lack of a better word laughed at. So I would think they want to keep information to a minimum. However the second user information was hit they should have sent out a massive alert through out the PSN network informing users of what has happened and given some suggestions on what they should do next.

They did drop the ball but its all in the name to keep their rep looking good.

Ilyich Valken
05-08-2011, 05:29 PM
They did drop the ball but its all in the name to keep their rep looking good.
Which ends up bending them over anyways. I can guarantee Sony would look 100x better than it does now if they'd reacted immediately, and told the FBI the day they noticed unauthorized access of that magnitude instead of just shutting down PSN and waiting for a number of days to report anything to anyone.

Jokersvirus
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
What I want to know is this. From the point of noticing the unauthorized access what was their next move. Because with a company like Sony you have to expect that there would be some thief of sometype and they might have done a quick investigation into it.

Ilyich Valken
05-08-2011, 06:40 PM
What I want to know is this. From the point of noticing the unauthorized access what was their next move. Because with a company like Sony you have to expect that there would be some thief of sometype and they might have done a quick investigation into it.

They probably did, but the amount of time it took still seems a little.. ridiculous.

Saph
05-08-2011, 06:42 PM
^ Joker & Ilyich, debate conquerers!

Jokersvirus
05-08-2011, 09:05 PM
The attack occurred on April 16-17
two days later, april 19, Sony detects the breach. That is... scary right there. Your network had unauthorized personnel in it and it takes you two days after the attack to detect it? Yes, security is a bit... out of date...
April 20, they shut down the network due to technical issues. This is where they should have been forth coming and said they were attacked and explain the breach.
April 26 they call the FBI. 10 days after the attack they call the FBI, it had to be an investigation that was either done very slowly and throughly OR they were trying to make up some BS execuse as to why it was down.

I agree 9 days after the attack they call for FBI? Why not when they detected the breach? For that we cant hold it against them unless they didnt do what they were suppose to. They could have had protocol to follow and what not to do their own internal investigation to make a determinacy that it was a hacker attack. There is alot of information missing but the time is really screwed up. But again there is information we are missing like what happened after they detected the breach. I would love to see their protocol on what they do when a breach is detected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVU6v53ow8k

Fr0stByte
05-09-2011, 03:55 AM
two days later, april 19, Sony detects the breach. That is... scary right there. Your network had unauthorized personnel in it and it takes you two days after the attack to detect it? Yes, security is a bit... out of date...
April 20, they shut down the network due to technical issues. This is where they should have been forth coming and said they were attacked and explain the breach.
April 26 they call the FBI. 10 days after the attack they call the FBI, it had to be an investigation that was either done very slowly and throughly OR they were trying to make up some BS execuse as to why it was down.

I agree 9 days after the attack they call for FBI? Why not when they detected the breach? For that we cant hold it against them unless they didnt do what they were suppose to. They could have had protocol to follow and what not to do their own internal investigation to make a determinacy that it was a hacker attack. There is alot of information missing but the time is really screwed up. But again there is information we are missing like what happened after they detected the breach. I would love to see their protocol on what they do when a breach is detected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVU6v53ow8k

it seems pretty stupid they couldnt detect it straight away, you would think sony being the size it is would have measures in place to prevent it, hopefully they will learn from this (probably not) and it wont happen again (same time next year)

Havoc
05-09-2011, 08:09 AM

1.Scratch balls
2.Repeat
3.?????
4.PROFIT
(5. call FBI if bored.)

But didn't a SOE breach happen even before the 16th? The one where 25m other accounts and a credit card database of 10k non-US users had been stolen? And they didn't even notice that until May.
I have of course no clue whatsoever how hacking works, but I think depending on how they gained access, if it was a subtle way like via exploit or sniffing, they could've concealed themselves well among the thousands of employees/users with access to the servers.

I'm not sure that there are tripwires that cause an alarm if you enter the server. Although there should be... ò_Ó, bad Sony, bad!

Sonys imaginary security aside, waiting 10 days before calling the FBI is... madness. And while I understand that they wanted to keep this whole thing low profile, which ended up biting them on the ass, I'm not quite sure whether the FBI are publicity whoars who have a meeting with the media every afternoon to discuss new glamorous cases of crime.

But then again, the messenger pigeon has to fly from the Sony servers in the USA all the way to Sony HQ in Japan, then they have to discuss what to do next over some sushi and sake, and then they have to send the pigeon back to America with the reaction. I can imagine that may take some time.

Maybe it was even an inside job. Or maybe they just spoofed the access logs to make it look like stuff was stolen.
But then again, good hackers would have spoofed the access logs, and nobody would have found out about this ever.
So is this a fail hack?
OR maybeee... they left it the way it was on purpose, to get Sony cranky which would lead to the status quo.
Then it was a masterpiece.

If this was the work of professionals, it was clearly to sabotage Sony, I don't think the theft of the data was so important at this point. Because whaddya gonna do with a big list of names, addresses and logins? Passwords are hashed anyway so that's useful. Credit card info, debatable; number + expiration date is only occasionally useful, not much use without the pin.
Also credit card fraud is rather risky because it's more traceable.

So if this whole thing was performed just to expose how Sony handled the trust of their customers, it was a 100% positive result.

But the biggest poop Sony made was the massive delay. In case the stolen data was mistreated, not warning the users about it, was just giving the thieves more time, not reporting it to the FBI, the same.
Two days time until detection is a century in internet time, 48 hours in a situation in which every lost minute is a disaster on its own is a screwup of stellar dimensions. Maybe Sony realized that and decided that damage control is pointless at the time, so they didn't rush it with informing the FBI.

Naaah, that's dumb. But so is the unreasoned waiting.

Maybe it was all a prank on Sonys behalf, because they wanted to see how far the can go with "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

But I have one question:

How badly, if at all, can Sony be sued for this? (In the USA)

Ilyich Valken
05-09-2011, 09:59 AM
But I have one question:

It would all depend. If enough harm is done, pretty damn bad. They'd definitely try to settle outside of court, though.

Fr0stByte
05-09-2011, 01:20 PM
But I have one question:

I dont really think they can be, they arent obliged to provide the PSN service as you are not paying for it, the only thing can be sued for is the loss of private data, but they will only compensate the amount lost.

Jokersvirus
05-09-2011, 04:00 PM
How can sony be sued? Yes they were breached and what not but thats not their fault, their security was bad it shows by two attacks however there is no standard to base security off of so they did what they thought was best for the information so really you cant sue Sony. If they didnt take any steps to protect the information than yes sue them.

Havoc
05-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Well, in America people who try to dry their dog after bathing it in a microwave sue the manufacturer for not putting on a giant sign: "GET SOME COMMON SENSE MORONS!" on the machine. (No offense my USfriends, stupid people are everywhere, I'm just pointing out that lawsuits are apparently very popular in the US.)

So I can imagine that people, lots of people, will try to sue Sony for inadequate protection of their trusted personal data, like the imaginary firewall Sony was sporting or the lack of encryption on the data.
Also in court this would be a huge popularity lawsuit, depending on how many of those 77m+ users will try to sue Sony, and how many of those are lawyers/have dads who are lawyers.

Jokersvirus
05-09-2011, 07:57 PM
They can sue all they want however, I believe i said this in another thread i dont remember at this moment, If Sony was not stupid in their duty to protect the data, meaning they had security in place and it wasnt just in the open for the taking they took steps to protect the data. Unless their is some law that says they have to meet certain requriements on security measures for such data I think any and all lawsuits will fall through.

Some of those people could be lawyers but since Sony is HUGE im willing to bet they got some grade A lawyers ready to fight.

Echo
05-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Don't worry everyone who has a PS3, I have great news.................Xbox Live is still working fine : D

Kenoi
05-09-2011, 09:02 PM
you know, its getting mad difficult finding games that have good replay value. its all about add-on (content) to keep your game on. =\
I can't believe rumors anymore. (it will be back on the 3rd, wait no, make that the 6th, or the 7th? or tomorrow? the next day? etc.)

Delta
05-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Don't worry everyone who has a PS3, I have great news.................Xbox Live is still working fine : D

OMG Echo!! LOLOLOL!!!!! Well yeah, If PSN doesnt come back soon my new favoroute will be XBOX and the reason why i love the PS3 more is because SONY was my VERY FIRST game system i owned and it was fun! : D

Jokersvirus
05-10-2011, 07:50 AM
NES was my first system I ever owned. God im old...

But it would seem that Sony prevented a third attack. Someone overheard information about an attack and the server was taken offline. So they are proactive now, ish.

Sony May Have Stopped Third Attack -- Removes 2,500 Names And Addresses From A Website In A Possibly Unrelated Attack - G4tv.com (http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712485/sony-may-have-stopped-third-attack-removes-2500-names-and-addresses-from-a-website-in-a-possibly-unrelated-attack/?cmpid=sn-110418-facebook-28-fbfantrack)

Kenoi
05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
OMG Echo!! LOLOLOL!!!!! Well yeah, If PSN doesnt come back soon my new favoroute will be XBOX and the reason why i love the PS3 more is because SONY was my VERY FIRST game system i owned and it was fun! : D

yeah man, if the psn don't come on sometime this month, I'm plannin on switchin to that system. starting to look forward to it too... haha.

Echo
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
I actually feel you PSN guys, I can't access online with my XBOX.

Muffincat
05-11-2011, 06:02 PM
VGCats came out with a comic relating to this...

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/110427.jpg

(VG Cats - When I think About You I Update Myself, OOooOO~ (http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=302))

I lawled, in any case. :P

Still interested in how all this ends up panning out...

Delta
05-11-2011, 09:21 PM
My friend Zach says tht he looked up on loads of forums and he saw one sayin "PSN will be back no later then May 31" MAY 31ST THTS FRIGGIN BULL**** I HAV TO WAIT 20 DAYS TO PLAY WIT MA FRENDS OMG SONY U SUCK!!!!

Jokersvirus
05-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Calm down Delta, they are fixing their security measure which is no quick fix.

Ilyich Valken
05-11-2011, 10:13 PM
At first they said May 31st, then said they couldn't give a specific date. I wouldn't really believe anything they say until they prove it.

Echo
05-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Oh, watch PSN get a major upgrade that makes it 100% perfectly compatible and no one plays on it because everyone was impatient and went to sell there PS3 to buy an XBOX so they can play online!
That sentence was NOT a run on...

Fr0stByte
05-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Oh, watch PSN get a major upgrade that makes it 100% perfectly compatible and no one plays on it because everyone was impatient and went to sell there PS3 to buy an XBOX so they can play online!
That sentence was NOT a run on...

thats just wishful thinking....id gladly wait for psn to come back online....i have exams atm anyway

Kenoi
05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
yo, so today I was at gamestop, thinking about buying brink, but i changed my mind cause I had no funds for it.. .HAHA. other than that... this one fat guy came into gamestop & all complaining, saying that the psn sucks & its down for a while, so he traded it for an x-box. seemed to me he wanted to get the NEW edition, the slim version, but they had none. so they tried to give him the old 1st edition model, used. & then he complains even more & more (sounded like a gobbling turkey to be honest) and throws a fit & runs out the store. TODAY (May 13th, Friday) was a random yet awkward day. cause he was outside the store crying. I can wait until the 31st... that is if it actually comes up... has it really been confirmed?

Ilyich Valken
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
I can wait until the 31st... that is if it actually comes up... has it really been confirmed?

No. They've actually said there is no date now, as they can't pin-point a time that they might have it up.

Delta
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
yo, so today I was at gamestop, thinking about buying brink, but i changed my mind cause I had no funds for it.. .HAHA. other than that... this one fat guy came into gamestop & all complaining, saying that the psn sucks & its down for a while, so he traded it for an x-box. seemed to me he wanted to get the NEW edition, the slim version, but they had none. so they tried to give him the old 1st edition model, used. & then he complains even more & more (sounded like a gobbling turkey to be honest) and throws a fit & runs out the store. TODAY (May 13th, Friday) was a random yet awkward day. cause he was outside the store crying. I can wait until the 31st... that is if it actually comes up... has it really been confirmed?

IDK ma frend said he was bored looked around on some forums so we'll have to wait and see (LOLZ its Friday the 13th)

Jokersvirus
05-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Here is some information i found:
PlayStation Network back online for developers? - ComputerAndVideoGames.com (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/301222/playstation-network-back-online-for-developers/)

Its pretty much saying select people are testing PSN to make sure everything is OK before opening it back up to the general pop.

Fr0stByte
05-14-2011, 04:33 AM
yeh i heard 31st was confirmed its just that psn was still being tested still 17days to go......and for us users we get 1 month free psn plus.....can anyone enlighten me as to what this is?

Delta
05-14-2011, 04:57 AM
yeh i heard 31st was confirmed its just that psn was still being tested still 17days to go......and for us users we get 1 month free psn plus.....can anyone enlighten me as to what this is?

you go into the playstation store and click on "playstation plus" and you get EXCLUSIVE content and able to download those contents for FREE even full game trials (for 60 mins) the only thing tht sux ass is tht once u download them and ur playstation plus expires u cant play them any more and u hav to buy it at full cost. and to keep playstation plus u can buy it for $49.99 a year ($17.99 a month) also when you have it, it updates your internet system without you having to wait the 30 mins or hour. Well i hope this has enlightened you : D

Fr0stByte
05-14-2011, 05:03 AM
it has indeed....thanks delta