PDA

View Full Version : General Info What is your favoroute Console and why?

Delta
05-10-2011, 07:16 AM
I like the PS series those systems were awesome when i was lil i thot PlayStation was the only system. Then my mum and dad broke up, and my mum got a boyfriend and HE had an (original) XBOX. And i thought to myself "Holy ****, this console is friggin huge." i couldnt even pick it up. And i had few games on it. Plus they didnt sell tht many games for the XBOX. So i stayed with the Playstation. Now its your turn. : D

paecmaker
05-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Arent there several threads like this?

Btw Xbox 360 is my favourite now. Halo and gears of war is the primary reason, but I also want a playstation 3 now.

Of all times sega megadrive2 is one heck of a gaming console.

Th3-devils-princess
05-10-2011, 08:26 AM
i think the PS3 as the graphics are so much better than on the xbox,wii,gamecube ect.
i think that you just cant stick to one console as you can get games pn the PS3 that you cant get on the xbox and visa versa! but if i had to pick ne it would have to be the PS3 love it!! :p :D

Fr0stByte
05-10-2011, 12:24 PM
PS3 for serious gaming pleasure
PS2 for the memorable titles
Wii for my love of virtual tennis
snes for SSF2
and the gameboy series & PSP for keeping me entertained on long journeys

ROFLBRYCE
05-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Xbox 360 for multiplayer
Xbox 360 and PS3 tie for game selection
Tie again for the game and video marketplace

Saph
05-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Xbox 360.

The whole feel of the console is exactly what I like. The controller is extremely well made, and the console is low on bugs and physical flaws, the only truely devastating bug is obvously the red ring of death, but other then that, the Xbox 360 is an all around dependable console.

The games are also amazing for Xbox 360, and the controls for the games are bountiful, yet easy to understand, and use. The controller again, is just made to fit perfectly in your hand, and every single button is placed extremely strategically to make easy access of every single button, even multiple at once.

It is also very low on noise, and, unlike Sony consoles, they dont hum like a pissed off whasp after running for 20 minutes, the most you get is the soft whisp like noise as the smooth CD drive begins to spin, and as it heats up quickly, the hum quickly disappears, making it almost silent. And of course the little clicks it makes when it loads a difficult section of a game or something, but its brief, and does not continue.

Xbox live was never really something I got into, as I could not get internet access to my Xbox, but I've heard mostly good things about it, and when I return to my home country, Denmark, I have a brand new and almost unused Xbox waiting for me. Hopefully it still works, and I'll deff get live on it.

So thats why I think Xbox 360 is just a tad bit better than other consoles.

Synge
05-10-2011, 07:16 PM
^ Ps3 is actually know for being noticeably quieter than the 360 :P

My favorite console this gen is the PS3. Favorite of all time would be PS2 and N64.

Delta
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=Saph;274184]
It is also very low on noise, and, unlike Sony consoles, they dont hum like a pissed off whasp after running for 20 minutes, the most you get is the soft whisp like noise as the smooth CD drive begins to spin, and as it heats up quickly, the hum quickly disappears, making it almost silent. And of course the little clicks it makes when it loads a difficult section of a game or something, but its brief, and does not continue.QUOTE]

How does your Xbox hum but mine growls and my PS3 hums (probably cuz i hav the new SLIM) but still if u listen to my XBOX it sounds friggin loud and i had it for 3 yrs. and its been makin tht noise evar since. how does urs sound flawless do u have the SLIM edition for the Xbox or somethin

Saph
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.randallsplace.net/images/Xbox360console.jpg

This is the type I have. It has never made any other noises but the ones I explained above. Neither did the one I had which spontaneously got rrod'd one day.

Echo
05-10-2011, 08:59 PM
SEGA Saturn : D

ZXDarknessfalls
05-10-2011, 10:35 PM
N64 for Zelda OoT
N64 for Goldeneye
N64 for Jet Force Gemini
N64 for Mace the Dark Age
N64 for Mario Kart 64
and so many more.

I love my Wii a lot and enjoy my 360 greatly, but old games just felt done so much better at times.

Echo
05-10-2011, 10:41 PM
N64 for Zelda OoT
N64 for Goldeneye
N64 for Jet Force Gemini
N64 for Mace the Dark Age
N64 for Mario Kart 64
and so many more.

I love my Wii a lot and enjoy my 360 greatly, but old games just felt done so much better at times.

That's a Ninten...DON't : D
You get it, nintendon't?
Nevermind....

ZXDarknessfalls
05-10-2011, 11:38 PM
That's a Ninten...DON't : D
You get it, nintendon't?
Nevermind....

yep. still not getting it. unless you mean to say Nintendo makes bad systems.

paecmaker
05-11-2011, 01:07 AM
When my xbox 360 start the fan it almost sound like a starting jet(but lower)
My xbox sounds almost like a harverster and I think it will go apart every time Im using it.

Echo
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
yep. still not getting it. unless you mean to say Nintendo makes bad systems.

Never mind.......

Fr0stByte
05-12-2011, 03:57 AM
i liked the pre playstation nintendos....there wasnt so much competition then.

ROFLBRYCE
05-12-2011, 01:18 PM
i liked the pre playstation nintendos....there wasnt so much competition then.

O.O

Just look at this, lol and say there wasn't much competition back in the day. Not a lot of these were/are as huge as Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft, but Atari and Coleco were main contenders

Fr0stByte
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
atari....way before my time :D

Jayhmmz
05-12-2011, 01:56 PM
360 all the way. My opinion of the Wii is that it's a party console, the PS3 is a glorified blu-ray player, and my PC is the only other worthy platform for me to play games on.

:)

Fr0stByte
05-12-2011, 02:02 PM
i forgot about the gamecube, i never owned one but my friend did and i loved playin 007 nightfire on it...just for the sentinel

paecmaker
05-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Hell yeah Yay, Pc (if good) kicks all consoles ass.

Otherway Im more into 360.

Fr0stByte
05-12-2011, 03:02 PM
Hell yeah Yay, Pc (if good) kicks all consoles ass.

Otherway Im more into 360.

no doubt....as long as it has a decent screen and a game pad (hate playing with keyboard)

ROFLBRYCE
05-12-2011, 03:48 PM
atari....way before my time :D

Forgot my link xD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_consoles

Delta
05-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I want the ORIGINAL 1st game of Castlevania it looks EPIC The Angry Video Game Nerd and Egoraptor hav both made vids on it and i think its so much more awesomer than black ops who knows what system it is on the original 1st castlevania

SiC TwiSteD
05-12-2011, 07:26 PM
My favorite console would have to be the Xbox 360 because it has most of my favorite game series on it, and its multiplayer is the best out there, i do like the PS3 and Wii though, just for select games of course

ZXDarknessfalls
05-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I like 360 and pc for gaming with friends im not with. Other wise Wii is just about the only thing on when I am with my friends : D

Delta
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
http://www.randallsplace.net/images/Xbox360console.jpg

This is the type I have. It has never made any other noises but the ones I explained above. Neither did the one I had which spontaneously got rrod'd one day.

OH OK i hav PRO version where it has the tray lookin silver/chrome u hav arcade just like ma frend and i hav noticed his RARELY makes any noise

Exentenzed
05-13-2011, 01:42 PM
Put picture in spoiler tags due to epic size xD

http://images.wikia.com/earthbound/images/c/c5/SNES.jpg

Okey so obviously i win this thread :P

Childhood memories! Love this frigging thing... got this one when i was realy young,
and i can still plug it in and play on it without any problems.
Of course this console had 1 problem... But it could be solved by just blowing into it. xD

My favorite game on this was Zelda: A link to the past.

http://usedvideogames.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/zelda-link-to-the-past.jpg

Fr0stByte
05-14-2011, 04:17 AM
Put picture in spoiler tags due to epic size xD

http://images.wikia.com/earthbound/images/c/c5/SNES.jpg

Okey so obviously i win this thread :P

Childhood memories! Love this frigging thing... got this one when i was realy young,
and i can still plug it in and play on it without any problems.
Of course this console had 1 problem... But it could be solved by just blowing into it. xD

My favorite game on this was Zelda: A link to the past.

http://usedvideogames.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/zelda-link-to-the-past.jpg

I really want to buy a snes!!!, a link to the past is an awesome game no doubt! ive trolled ebay and amazon but cant find a complete (with controllers and cables) console that actually works. :(

rawrwill
05-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I loved nintendo consoles the most.
64 will always hold a special place in my heart for golden eye and perfect dark.
Cube had so many great games, eternal darkness one of my favs and don't forget resident evil series!

xCrystallis
05-23-2011, 12:54 AM
I love my PS3. I have all my PSX and PS2 games to play on it as well as the PS3 games out now. Just for all the JRPGs lol. But yeah I also really love the N64, probably because most of my childhood went into it.

Fmdunlap
05-24-2011, 12:16 AM
PC. Customizable, powerful, multipurpose, and functional... But not so cheap..

Rage710
05-30-2011, 06:00 AM
I like xbox360 becuase of better online and games

Ilyich Valken
05-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Mostly depends on the game, but PC for some games, but mostly Xbox 360 for online.

Synge
05-30-2011, 09:01 PM
If we're counting PC as a console then I retract my previous post.

Ilyich Valken
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Console wouldn't be the correct word, but it is a gaming machine lol