PDA

View Full Version : This is BS!!!!!!!!!!!(League of Legends)

Saph
05-16-2011, 07:48 PM
This is a rant about League of Legends, and the piss poor job that the devs have done with the suspension system, and their 'no leave cuz u must plai teh gaim beach' policy.

I'm so pissed off I'm shaking....

I've played LoL for 4 days, that's it. 4.

I leave a few times due to daughter crying or my wife needing my help, and I click leave, as is my right. I am under NO obligation to remain on my ass playing their game just cause it's alittle inconvenient for 4 other people. I don't care what it says in whatever TOS they might have, it's wrong, and if a person doesn't wanna play a video game anymore, its their right to leave WHENEVER, HOWEVER they want. No crappy little game dev can tell anyone otherwise.

They've decided to suspend my account for 24 hours cause of it.

For WHAT exactly? For exacting my right as a person to do wtf ever I want as long as it breaks no federal laws? Who the **** do they think they are to punish me for something as simple as stopping to play a game.?

With a match lasting anywhere between 20 minutes to 1 hr 15 min(as long and short as I've had them so far), then how could they possibly expect people to sit through them, while they might have to cook dinner, or change their daughters diaper, or cause she wakes up or go to bed cause you're exhausted, or go to school, or go to work, or go spend time with your family, or go play another game cause their game is just plain old boring after a few hours? They expect you to sit through another 40 minutes if you get bored half way through, or if real life calls? BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULL SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! REAL LIFE COMES FIRST NOOBS!

They need themselves a damned replacement engine. When one leaves, another gets to take his place, that's one thing WoW got right with their dungeon group finder. If 1 person leaves in the middle, a new one can take his place instantly. It shortens wait time, and improves gaming experience.

So.......

WHY THE **** NOT!?!?!?

I don't get this...what do they call their asses..Riot Games? Whatever? I don't get them, their system is so flawed I don't see how people with a life can play their game without getting perma banned for it in the long run?

Jokersvirus
05-16-2011, 07:50 PM
That is crappy, but I think the purpose behind it was if someone is a rage quitter or something of the sort its suppose to keep them in line and if they do it too many times this occurs. The system isnt really flawed it just cant tell the difference between when a gamer is handling a real life situation or just rage quitting.

LiNuX
05-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Sucks you were suspended. But personally, I like the system because so many people leave because they're angry they're losing or just mad at another player. I know it can be unfair to people with real life stuff, but can't really do anything about that.

I agree they should replace players if someone leaves, would make games more worth it if someone on your team disconnects early. Last week I played a game 3v5 because two people left at the 3 minute mark and we got whooped.

I wish they had the system in Left 4 Dead/2 because so many people leave if they lose just one round or die once in the game, it's so much more annoying because it's contagious. When one person leaves, there is like a 80% chance the entire team will leave and you have to restart.

Saph
05-16-2011, 07:57 PM
And therefor, its a crappy, flawed, pointless, inconsistent with reality, and downright rediculous system that there should be some law against.

It's like prison.

Throwing a thug in prison for attempting to rob someone for example.

He gets out of prison however long later.

He is in a gang now cause it is neccersary for prison survival.

He is harder now cause he had to stone over his heart or he'd get killed by his own.

He is pissed cause he feels he's an outcast to society, ergo, society rules dont apply to him.

He goes out and murders a family for their jewelry.

He goes to prison for life.

Escapes

Kills more people just for the fun of it.

A less brutal version is LoL:

A perfectly normal player gets tired and leaves, maybe 2 nights in a row cause he stays up too late and LoL is really not that important to him.

He doesnt rage quit etc. He just leaves cause he's tired and wants to go to sleep.

He gets suspended for 24 hours.

He rages and finally he's allowed to play a day after.

1) He's so pissed he'll not even play it again, its friggin stupid to him. Riot just lost a possible customer at the store

2) He plays, but he's so pissed off after what happened that he rage quits more often cause of the fact that he got banned after just a few days due to him having a life and feelings like every human has.

He gets banned again.

He rages on a different game. Get's banned there.

He rages at his parents, they ground him.

"Oh....well I dont really care anyway"

@Linux: So you're telling me Linux, that you've never been suspended before?

You've NOT left a game 3 times, EVER!? Like you have LESS than 2 leaves in TOTAL ever since you started playing?

Jokersvirus
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
And therefor, its a crappy, flawed, pointless, inconsistent with reality, and downright rediculous system that there should be some law against.

It's like prison.

Throwing a thug in prison for attempting to rob someone for example.

He gets out of prison however long later.

He is in a gang now cause it is neccersary for prison survival.

He is harder now cause he had to stone over his heart or he'd get killed by his own.

He is pissed cause he feels he's an outcast to society, ergo, society rules dont apply to him.

He goes out and murders a family for their jewelry.

He goes to prison for life.

Escapes

Kills more people just for the fun of it.

A less brutal version is LoL:

A perfectly normal player gets tired and leaves, maybe 2 nights in a row cause he stays up too late and LoL is really not that important to him.

He doesnt rage quit etc. He just leaves cause he's tired and wants to go to sleep.

He gets suspended for 24 hours.

He rages and finally he's allowed to play a day after.

1) He's so pissed he'll not even play it again, its friggin stupid to him. Riot just lost a possible customer at the store

2) He plays, but he's so pissed off after what happened that he rage quits more often cause of the fact that he got banned after just a few days due to him having a life and feelings like every human has.

He gets banned again.

He rages on a different game. Get's banned there.

He rages at his parents, they ground him.

"Oh....well I dont really care anyway"

You've NOT left a game 3 times, EVER!? Like you have LESS than 2 leaves in TOTAL ever since you started playing?
Its not a crappy system there is an issue with people leaving the game so they corrected it with the current system. Yes it might be crappy to you but it does try and help control the quitters. Yes real life is more important that will always be priority one and I respect that, but still people quitting is an issue, like Linux said have a system like L4D that would help the problem. However the problem with those who quit needs to be addressed and 24 hours is nothing really,you are one of those who got hit by it for doing your duties as a father and a husband, but it happens.

Your prison example really makes no sense to me.

Muffincat
05-16-2011, 08:49 PM
You can't really implement the kind of system L4D2 has with this kind of game, because then no games would ever finish. That would be even more frustrating to me.

Also, holy crap calm down o_o

If you need to leave for some reason, first ask the team if they'd consider surrendering and state your reasons. If you're losing, then you have a good shot.

They punish leavers for very good reason. If you know you're going to have to do something (for instance it's late and you want to go to bed), then think before starting up a game. It's extremely irritating to be on a team and someone just quits. It's a team sport. It's not all about you. :|

I assume you got suspended because you're new and have left several kind of closely together, but I am not sure how their system works exactly.

It's not the best system, but I certainly can't think of another that would work as well. And honestly a 24 hour suspension is not that bad. Just think ahead before you play a match that you know will last about 45 minutes.

And your example about raging is just kind of ridiculous. If I got suspended for leaving, I wouldn't go raging about it everywhere and ragequit more and get banned o_o I'd be like, "Well, okay, I guess leaving games is bad and I shouldn't do that!"

And your prison example... just... what? It's not the same at all o___o

edit: and if someone left a game because he was tired and LoL wasn't that important to him, then why would he rage so hard about it...? all I have to say is that this game is about teamwork, and if one of your teammates suddenly leaves, you just got completely screwed over.

LiNuX
05-16-2011, 09:00 PM

Never been suspended from this game or any other.

And I'm not saying that I've never left a game before it finished, that's why I said it's unfair for people actual life stuff. I even left a game in LoL because it was running on for almost an hour and a half and I was going to be late to class.

And I see where muffin is coming from that you can't really implement the whole replace players thing since there are so many more champs than there are characters in L4D2 and there, it usually doesn't matter what survivor you are, and as infected, you switch when you die anyway.

It may also be possible that your team just reported you for leaving several times. And I think they also look at how often you do it before hitting you with a suspension.

And agreeing with muffin again, 24 hours isn't that bad. It's not like they're banning you for a week and taking away all your unlocked champs.

ZXDarknessfalls
05-16-2011, 09:25 PM
If they took away unlocked characters that would suck so bad. not that they could though cause people do pay for them at times.

BobTD
05-16-2011, 09:38 PM
I don think I have left more then 2 games, out of hundreds.

it starts showing them on your account if you do.

Diligence109
05-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Please, please calm down. If this is "just a game" and "real life comes first", why are you this upset about it? I don't mean that in a sarcastic, mean way - you could feel a lot better for yourself with a good, deep breath.

I hate to have to disagree with you after such a heated rant, but the leaver penalty system exists in LoL for good reason - the nature of the game is such that if one person on the team leaves the game is inexplicably lost for that team (thereby ruining the game experience of 9 other players). If 1 in 10 players that sat down to play left their game, the game would be completely unplayable. A 24 hour suspension seems like more of a warning or notice that this is the nature of the game than a harsh punishment. A very mild suspension like that very well accompanies the variety of other warnings you receive in the Summoner's Code and in the dialog that appears whenever you attempt to quit in the middle of a game.

It's unfortunate that because of the competitive nature of this game and the team-orientated gameplay leaving cannot be allowed because it makes the game unplayable. You are right that real life will "happen" from time to time or your internet will fail, but even in light of that in the face of the ~600 matches and ~8 months I've played I've only accumulated 3 leaves.

You've just got to set time aside and plan ahead to be busy for an hour.

ROFLBRYCE
05-16-2011, 11:35 PM
Sounds like a near perfect system to me, man. Of course there is the exception of you, but you may be 1 in 100 in this case. I love how Halo has a system like this now, punishing those who rage quit, which is the same as LoL. Unfortunately, in this day in age (with the minimal amount of looking over EVERY disconnection) there is no way to tell if you're rage quitting, you lagged out or you have important duties to attend to, such as yourself.

I kinda wish you could replace people in games like that, but it's hard to fill in an A.I sometimes, with the relatively same skill level as the player. What if you do crap one game, and pro the next? You might be a pro player but goof around too much and have a weak A.I, meaning they played better without you. Wish flaws like this could be fixed because I've experienced the trouble too.

But, I leave you with this, my friend: calm down. It's only a game. It's not the end of the world. Is there really nothing more you can do in the next 24 hours? I've had friends freak out over games like this and...well, you may be better off unplugging the computer and the consoles for a while if a 24 hour ban is this big an issue. And yes, I have been suspended from other games/services (WoW, Xbox Live, Warcraft 3) and man, it's not been a problem. 2 weeks without Xbox turned into 3 months. I dropped WoW 3 weeks ago, and I touched it today for 5 minutes and left. There's a lot more stuff to do in the world than video games man. They're good to sit down and relax with from time to time, but don't let it be all you do for recreation.

Saph
05-17-2011, 12:08 AM
I get it ROFL :) I went cold turkey on WoW many months ago, despite me being horribly addicted to it for the past 6 years. Wasn't a big deal, cause it's just a game.

I was also banned from WoW on multiple occasions, several of which were righteous, I got pissed, but others were not, and those really pissed me off.

My issue isn't as much that I simply got suspended bro, it's the manner of which I was.

If I had verbally attacked multiple people, and I had been reported, charged, and banned for the day. Big deal, I deserved that, and I wouldn't think anymore of it.

HOWEVER!!!

I've done no such thing, and given no red flags to be suspended other than leaving due to life calling me in to do so. It is in no way a near perfect system. I mean, banning ANYONE who leaves a group, just cause it's not allowed? That's the same as if it was illegal to go to the bathroom. 20 people do it, 15 of them do it cause they wanna be rebelious, 5 do it cause they damned well have to, All 20 get arrested.

How, exactly, is that near perfect? It is, by a massive margin, atleast to me, closer to being an imperfect system.

Ban those that deserve it, leave those who don't alone. That's a system, the other is just a slam in the face solution, "Don't wanna deal with sorting them out, just ban them all"

THAT is what upsets me. I know it's just a game, and yes, Ive been banned many times from all sorts of online games for reasons that're perfectly righteous, and I don't question them, but I will not simply accept a suspension just cause I've logged out of their game at a time that they don't agree with.

And it's not that difficult to sort out those who leave due to rage quitting. Just read the damned logs from the chatbox during the game...95% of the time I'm sure there'll be an arguement leading up to a ragequit, ESPECIALLY if both sides can talk with one another!

For example:

Game 1: The game continues uninterrupted by chatting at all, or some few MIA calls and "damn you lol" calls. But otherwise nothing to prove a rage. One guy leaves out of nowhere.

Probably not a rage quitter, just had to go urgently.

Game 2: Same as above, but this guy actually says that he has to go.

Most deffinately not a rage quitter.

Game 3: Same as above, but someone leaves, then returns, then leaves again, and returnes, then leaves and never returns.

Probably not a rage quitter, just having connection issues(Their solution to this problem? Give them some connection tips...LOL!!!)

Game 4: Small little spats and 1 guy has 15 deaths, 0 kills, 0 assists, and has been making nasty comments on all chat, than leaves with a "SCREW THIS!"

Deffinately a rage quitter, ban time.

Game 5: Same as above, but no swearing or arguements.

Could go either way, not a perfect system.

They're way way too easy on the ban trigger. It is simply not fair to those of us who DO NOT rage quit all the time, even if we're the minority.

Take for example, again, WoW.

In WoW they actually are careful with whom they ban for what, and mistakes are quickly fixed, and the GM responsible can be suspended or even fired. They seem to have plenty of money from their store, so I dont doubt that they could afford a small army of GMs who check suspicious fight logs, and if there's nothing to show a rage quit, the log is deleted and on to the next. If a deffinate rage quit is found, charge the person, if he's done it before, ban him.

Even an AI could do that I bet, not sure how though, but I'm sure it's possible.

So I don't think its fair to say that its a perfect system when there're so many easy and cheap ways to make it fair for those who deserve it, instead of just using a nuke and hit everyone who's unlucky enough to not go by what they call standards.

Jokersvirus
05-17-2011, 12:23 AM
I dont know the behind the scenes action with LoL, however, I would believe that the temp ban system is ran by a computer, because having an employee watch all the games makes no sense, its better for a computer to be cold and calculating.

get it ROFL I went cold turkey on WoW many months ago, despite me being horribly addicted to it for the past 6 years. Wasn't a big deal, cause it's just a game.

Than why is this a big deal you understand WoW is a video game whats so hard to understand there are protocols in place to try and stop the rage quitters. If you get banned so be it atleast you get to play another day. The situation with those who leave games and destroy the experience out weights getting banned for a day when you had to take care of your duties as a man. No need to get mad in general.

Again, your example of a bathroom, makes no sense.

Muffincat
05-17-2011, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that you get an email the first time you leave a game on a new account because dili and I made accounts once just to fill up space so we could do something, and they got leaves, and I received an email to that account.

You left three times within a few days and they suspended your account for 24 hours. They are understaffed and I doubt they have people reading the chat logs of every single person who leaves a game. They DO read chat logs of people before they ban them (reports from players and chat logs during games).

Besides, just because you didn't "rage quit" does NOT mean that you leaving didn't hurt your team!

You can get a few leaves once in a while, and nothing will happen to you. However, I am sure that it was a mixture of you

1. being a new player
2. having 3 leaves in ~3 days, when most players have that many leaves in hundreds of games played

I approve of the system they have in place. I don't CARE if you have a good reason to leave; you're hurting your team. It's kind of selfish to be like "well I had GOOD REASONS to leave my team short another person; I shouldn't be penalized for it!" The fact is, you did leave the game. You did hurt your team. It doesn't really matter why, imo, if you do it frequently. Obviously things come up sometimes... but, yeah, I've only had 1 leave in over 100 games and it was due to a connection issue.

I hate when there is a leaver on my team. Your team *WILL* lose a 4v5; it's pretty much guaranteed unless you were totally roflstomping. Why is it fair to them that you can leave them alone without penalty just because you had things come up in your life?

Diligence109
05-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Riot is very light on the ban trigger. They don't ban until someone has hundreds of reports and even then it's usually like only a week (there are several complaints about this on the forums - there are simply more reports than the riot staff can handle).

If something urgent comes up and you have to leave, that's unfortunate. This is, fortunately, not going to happen too often. That's why your account wasn't suspended (not banned, only suspended; and only for 24 hours) until you'd racked up 3 leaves in a close time span. I've got 3 leaves, as I said before, and I've never even received a warning email from Riot.

My roommate has about 18 leaves (he tends to be a bit of a jerk to his team sometimes and try to sneak rounds in when he has class in like 40 minutes). He's gotten these over the same time span I have (with about half as many games played overall, so a much higher ratio of leaves) and he's never received any warning or notice from Riot.

There's quite a bit of leniency in the leaving policy already. Enough, anyway, that you should be fine if your daughter or something else pulls you away from a round once a week unwittingly.

paecmaker
05-17-2011, 12:58 AM
The best way if you got anything waiting is just say that you are afk and wait in your base.

Also if you get disconnected they cant ban you.

LiNuX
05-17-2011, 01:05 AM
You can't expect a computer to know you personally and understand that what you did, you had to do because it was important and not because you "raged" - if computers are able to do that, I'm sure we should fear for our lives.

On the bright side, more than 5 hours seems to be up on that 24 hour ban.

Muffincat
05-17-2011, 01:08 AM
You will get disconnected from the game if you afk for long enough. It can tell that you are idling, and it will kick you and make you reconnect (so that you can't just afk forever and not get a leave).

Saph
05-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Okay first of all Muffin, I truely don't give a crap about 4 strangers' gaming experience with me leaving if my child is crying. Maybe someday you'll understand where I'm coming from with that.

Second of all, Joker, if you read my example with the bathroom again MAYBE it'll make some sense. 15 do it for rebilion, 5 do it for neccesity...20 get shot for it...WHAT IS THERE NOT TO UNDERSTAND!?!?!?

Third of all, Linux, if a computer can't do the job right, then it's time to have people do their job. Do you enjoy the automated phone calls where you have to call 15 times over cause it didn't understand what you said and directed you in a completely wrong direction? There're jobs for computers, and they're not, and in LoLs part it is NOT.

Fourth of all, Dili. That makes no sense, cause I left 4 times and got suspended. And what the heck are you talking about when you say that they don't ban until they have hundreds of reports, and that they're light on the ban trigger? Are you saying that I racked up over 100 reports in 4 days and got suspended?

Fifth of all, everyone. How about you see it from my point of view, and don't go trailing off on some long drawn reason for why what I do is wrong and why everything else is right. It's a horrible feeling to be ganged up on by a group of people you think you can relate to, only to be harassed for your own opinions. It has happened multiple times now, and even once I've gotten a 'warning' for unfitting conversations, and even been told that from the goodness of peoples hearts that I have not been getting infractions for, which I'm grateful for, atleast some right decissions were made, cause the rest were pretty damned wrong in my opinion. BUT, as it has been shown time and time again, who the hell gives a **** about my opinion anyway?

I'm an easy going guy most of the time, as my initial thread about myself stated, it takes alot to piss me off, and when I see unfair treatment of ANY kind, be it of animals or prisoners or common people or gamers, doesn't matter, I do get pissed off. Banning people who do not deserve it, is wrong, and, as Dili so nicely stated for me, leaving a guy who's an ahole to his team and racks up 18 leaves, never even gets a warning. HOW the HELL is that worthy of support, while my scenario isn't? There's NO DIFFERENCE between imprisoning a guy for a crime he didn't commit, and ban a guy for something he never did, ESPECIALLY when there're much worse out there than me, AS DILI STATED.

I'm not trying to be mean, in fact I hate to be mean, but this has gone to far. I'm either wrong, rude, or make no sense, to anyone and everyone. Not a single person in this entire thread even TRIES to see where I'm coming from, not in any of the debate threads does even one stop and try to see what I'm trying to say, all they do is spew about how horrible it was of me to prioritize my daughter of 4 complete strangers, or how much of a crime it is that I don't consider the damned Batman movie from the 1980s as comic-y.

So I hate to be blunt, no, actually, I don't really hate it that much. I'm tired of every single time standing by while I get attacked from every direction for my own points of view.

If you decide to infract me or whatever for this, then it'll be yet another bad decission, and support of what I consider VERY unfitting behavior from a forum

A cornered dog will be scared, an encroached upon dog will bite the living **** out of your hand.

Exentenzed
05-17-2011, 02:40 AM
Okay first of all Muffin, I truely don't give a crap about 4 strangers' gaming experience with me leaving if my child is crying. Maybe someday you'll understand where I'm coming from with that.

Oh for crying out loud... Cut it out allready, we completely understand what you mean. Would have done the same thing.
HOWEVER, in situations like this you could have gone custom game, it dosent penalize you for leaving because you arent in a match with other players, or the players are people that you have on you're friend list.
Just like the other day i was playing 2 matches with Muffin and Dili, i knew i would have to leave soon so i told them and we played 1 and a half custom match before i had to leave.
(They knew i had to leave aswell so they didnt mind when i eventually had to).

Also, You complaining you getting penalized is rather selfish, i mean, just like you dont care about 4 other players gaming experience, Riot dont give a damn about you're IRL situations.

Their job is trying to make good gaming experience for people who actually joins a game with the intention and time to complete a whole match.
And honestly... They are doing a damn fine job on it.

Easy fix: If you don't know if you have the time to complete a whole match. Go custom.

vepanator
05-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I got two links to you Saph that might help:

LoL Quide for Gaming (http://www.angercoach.com/articles_main.asp)
League of Legends - Blogging about gaming (http://angermanagement.net/)

Exentenzed
05-17-2011, 05:55 AM
I got two links to you Saph that might help:

LoL Quide for Gaming (http://www.angercoach.com/articles_main.asp)
League of Legends - Blogging about gaming (http://angermanagement.net/)

Thats just plain rude. No need to be a douche about it. :/
(If someone dosent understand why i said this, click the links.)

Diligence109
05-17-2011, 10:03 AM

We understand where you're coming from. That's why I recognized that things come up that pull you away from the game, sometimes, that are outside your control.

Third of all, Linux, if a computer can't do the job right, then it's time to have people do their job. Do you enjoy the automated phone calls where you have to call 15 times over cause it didn't understand what you said and directed you in a completely wrong direction? There're jobs for computers, and they're not, and in LoLs part it is NOT.

This would be ideal, but unfortunately Riot Games is a small company with a player base that exploded in size. They have no way to keep up with maintaining the player base beyond automated systems.

Fourth of all, Dili. That makes no sense, cause I left 4 times and got suspended. And what the heck are you talking about when you say that they don't ban until they have hundreds of reports, and that they're light on the ban trigger? Are you saying that I racked up over 100 reports in 4 days and got suspended?

Your account wasn't banned, it was only suspended (and only for 24 hours). This was the distinction I was trying to make.

Fifth of all, everyone. How about you see it from my point of view, and don't go trailing off on some long drawn reason for why what I do is wrong and why everything else is right. It's a horrible feeling to be ganged up on by a group of people you think you can relate to, only to be harassed for your own opinions. It has happened multiple times now, and even once I've gotten a 'warning' for unfitting conversations, and even been told that from the goodness of peoples hearts that I have not been getting infractions for, which I'm grateful for, atleast some right decissions were made, cause the rest were pretty damned wrong in my opinion. BUT, as it has been shown time and time again, who the hell gives a **** about my opinion anyway?

I'm sorry you're hurt by this, Saph; I can speak for myself but am fairly certain that its true for others that it wasn't our intention to make you feel horrible. I sympathize that it sucks that your account was suspended, but we reacted the way we did because you look very much like you're overreacting in your first post or not recognizing your faults (as innocent as they may be) that brought about the scenario. I really want to share these things, hard as they are to say/hear, in a tone that is caring/cautionary/compassionate, not punitive/demeaning/rude.

I'm an easy going guy most of the time, as my initial thread about myself stated, it takes alot to piss me off, and when I see unfair treatment of ANY kind, be it of animals or prisoners or common people or gamers, doesn't matter, I do get pissed off. Banning people who do not deserve it, is wrong, and, as Dili so nicely stated for me, leaving a guy who's an ahole to his team and racks up 18 leaves, never even gets a warning. HOW the HELL is that worthy of support, while my scenario isn't? There's NO DIFFERENCE between imprisoning a guy for a crime he didn't commit, and ban a guy for something he never did, ESPECIALLY when there're much worse out there than me, AS DILI STATED.

My roommate got those 18 leaves over the course of 8 months. He probably left a game every other week and didn't get enough reports from players to put up a red flag. If you left 4 games in 2~3 days, that's why the red flag went up for you and not for him.

A cornered dog will be scared, an encroached upon dog will bite the living **** out of your hand.

What's happening here is you barked (ranted with a tone of seemingly self-entitled executive right) in your first post, we barked back, and then you felt victimized and now you're biting. I don't think that you're a bad person for this or that you're unforgivable or anything; rather I think that it's tragic. We don't want you upset and you've no need to be.

The reason people are responding to you in a contradictory manner is in part because we disagree with some of the subject matter (agreement/disagreement with the leaver penalty system Riot Games has set up, campy batman movies, or what have you) but is also largely in part because you state things with a tone that projects self-entitlement and/or executive privilege. Even if you were arguing that the sky is blue people would feel inclined to argue when you stated it like it was some infallible fact and any other viewpoint would be complete folly.

Again, I'm sorry. I hope you're doing alright. There's no reason for anything in LoL or on this forum to frustrate you, though I know it's easy to get frustrated with it sometimes (I know I've done it before). Whenever you're feeling at ease and/or in a comfortable head space, I'd love to play some LoL/Minecraft with you.

Take it easy, Saph, I hope you feel better by the time you read this.

Saph
05-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah I'm doing okay now. To be honest with you last night was alittle bit of a blur.

I had some to drink, and it was 8pm when I found out I had been banned, so the beverages didn't help on my moodiness. Then all of the stuff about how wrong I am began and that just downright put me off as I felt it has happened several times. Then I wasted some hours till midnight with just writing on the forum and cooling down, and then I got pissed off AGAIN cause even at 3am I still hadn't gotten unbanned. At 3:40am I was finally unbanned, I logged on, played a custom, logged out, and passed out in bed.

But I thank you for stopping for a minute and see what's going on. I know it's just forum stuff etc. but it's still not a great feeling to be the lone opinion among a dusin who disagree, you feel kinda cornered.

And I don't mean to sound Executive or self entitled to anything, even if I did, it wasn't my intention. I guess I'm just passionate and get pretty blunt about my opinion, especially if it infuriates me.

But yeah I've cooled off long ago and I'm not really too worried about it anymore, and I'll FINALLY be on LoL tonight :)

@Exe: I see your point bro, but matter of the fact is that yes, I would prioritize my daughter over 4 strangers. And I'm sorry but your easy fix, true as it may be, doesn't apply to me, as I may have to go at a moments notice. My daughter sleeps by herself most of the evening until my wife goes to bed, at which point my daughter's fine. But if she wakes up in the dark in the middle of the night, bellowing blood curdling screams of terror as she can't see a thing and she doesn't understand why, I don't have the time, nor care, to worry about 4 strangers and their gaming experience. I can't plan when my daughter will wake up. I guess that makes LoL kinda hard for me to play in the long run.

@Vep: I just lost all respect for you, you made me sick with such a cold and cruel response to a heart felt message. I hope you're ashamed of yourself, Vep.

@Everyone: I'm sorry for my outburst last night. It was 3am, I was tipsy as hell, and I was exhausted. I hope in the long run that you can forgive me.

As much as I think that your behavior was ill fitting for the situation, I still don't think my behavior was any better. For that I apologize.

Diligence109
05-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the apology, Saph, it's encouraging to see people recognize their faults :) I'll see you on LoL later tonight!

Saph
05-17-2011, 06:45 PM
Most certainly! I'll be on in about 15-20 minutes after my daughter goes to sleep :) May be alittle longer if family calls a movie night, but in these stressful times with the packing and the preparation I doubt its in anybodys interest(its not in mine for sure, all I wanna do during the evening is sit and nurture my dirty hobby).

Either way, I believe this awkward cherade(sp?) has gone on long enough. Let's shove this into the background and move on from the comfortable spot we were at before all this pointless bickering began <3

LemonRising
05-17-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread

Woah.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I just want to give everyone a hug.
ten hugs.
with cats

cat group hugs.

I recommend people not create long ranting threads in a raging blur.
But that's just me lul

EpsilonX
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
cat group hug seems nice.

Ilyich Valken
05-17-2011, 10:16 PM
cat group hug seems nice.

Unless they're the derpbeasts you have... who like to sit on your speakers cause they like the buttvibrations.

Synge
05-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Damn man... My uncle's ex-wife shot him (like, with a gun) and he was less pissed off than this.

Diligence109
05-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Damn man... My uncle's ex-wife shot him (like, with a gun) and he was less pissed off than this.

This man must be our modern day ghandi or something. I get the image of him being epic and stoic with a gun wound. Sounds like a pretty cool dude.

BobTD
05-17-2011, 11:41 PM
LOL makes me mad all the time... but Saphs rage is comparable to me when I play Marvel vs. Capcom3 (that satanic ******* broke*** mother******* piece of ****).

So your not alone Saph.

Also... when I inevitably enrage someone with a gun enough to shoot me I would just be glad to survive it. Just a gut feeling that they will be aiming for a vital...

But if I do survive, I promise to only shed the single tear of a warrior.

EpsilonX
05-18-2011, 01:08 AM
http://209.85.12.231/10791/99/emo/animal-smiley-070.gif

That's all I have to contribute

TigerBearPig
07-08-2011, 11:23 AM
They SHOULD ban you for leaving a game because if you leave the rest of your team's game is ruined. If you have to leave every 30 mins or so then don't play LoL... or find a time when you are completely free and tell people not to bother you or some ****.

Saph
07-08-2011, 01:36 PM
They SHOULD ban you for leaving a game because if you leave the rest of your team's game is ruined. If you have to leave every 30 mins or so then don't play LoL... or find a time when you are completely free and tell people not to bother you or some ****.

This thread is kind of old now, but I'll respond nonetheless.

1)As I mentioned. I don't give a crap about the 4 other people. Call me greedy, but I don't log onto a game and play it to think about the feelings of my team mates. In my opinion, it's just Riot Games who have a ****ed up system, and it should be removed ASAP.

2)Not every 30 minutes, i've maybe had a total of 5 leaves in the months I've played now.
And I do not play LoL anymore, no. **** game just wasn't worth the irritation. Went back to World of Warcraft and the wonderfully awesome Dungeon Finder engine <3

3) Completely free? Not to bother me? My dear friend, I'm a father, I'm a husband, I'm a farmer, I'm owner of 3 dogs and 3 cats and 4 chickens, I go to school, I work on a regular basis....Completely free?

Saph
07-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Personally I think LoL is a fantastic game, the only problem with it is that they demand you to sit through an average of 40 minutes long battles, without a chance of leaving, cause if you do it gets noted in your account, and if you leave often you'll get banned for good.

I left twice in 1 week cause 1) My daughter woke up one night and had to put her to sleep again and 2) My wife had to get my help bathing her.

Those 2 leaves were enough to get me 'suspended' for 24 hours(I'm not sure what the difference is between suspended and banned, they both remove your choice of playing the game so wtf is the difference? Anyway).

So yeah I'd LOVE to play LoL, but I just can't get around that *****y system they use, it's just so rude to assume that anyone who play it automatically have an hour of free time with 0 interruptions...It's just not realistic.

Jokersvirus
07-10-2011, 06:33 AM
a way around it is... dont leave the game and just stay at the summoning place.

Muffincat
07-10-2011, 11:45 AM
This is a thread about Minecraft. o_O

Also, you can't AFK at the fountain, because it detects it and will kick you from the game. You can get around it if you come back every once in a while and click around, but that probably isn't going to happen.

Also not going to get into why the leave system is a good thing because you just don't get it :/ So don't play LoL.

And keep this thread on topic.

Psychotray
07-12-2011, 08:16 AM
I just got Minecraft about 2 days ago. Its really awesome, and Im working on making a custom freebuild server soon :)

Saph
07-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Well I'll have you know Muffin that I actually don't play anymore. There's simply nothing to get, infact, I think it might be you who doesn't get it.

There are no other MMORPG games in the world that will suspend or ban you for leaving during an instance or dungeon or raid or some other group activity. As far as I know, LoL is the only game that has it.

And there's a good reason why.

I'm sorry but for those of us who have an active life who'd preffer to NOT be forced to sit through 1 game for 40 minutes? LoL is simply a crappy and pointless game for us.

So again, I think it is you, who don't get it.

EDIT: Hold on one minute....I didn't post this here :-/ I posted this in a different thread. I swear to it!!! Why would I randomly post about LoL in a minecraft thread? That makes no sense.

I SWEAR TO FRIGGIN HELL I did NOT post this here myself :-/ Someone must've moved it or there must've been a glitch or something cause...I mean lmfao why would I, again, post about LoL in a minecraft thread, out of NOWHERE!?

ROFLBRYCE
07-12-2011, 12:16 PM
There are no other MMORPG games in the world that will suspend or ban you for leaving during an instance or dungeon or raid or some other group activity. As far as I know, LoL is the only game that has it.[/B]

It's cause in WoW, and Diablo, you can be replaced. In LoL, you cannot. That's why the penalize you. They can't replace you, your team suffers, and more often than not, they lose. This is why you're penalized. Ban=no playing ever again, suspension=no playing for a short amount of time, slap on the wrist. If you can't sit through the game, don't play when you don't have time. I've played 1 game this week, as it's all I've been able to.

Synge
07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
EDIT: Hold on one minute....I didn't post this here I posted this in a different thread. I swear to it!!! Why would I randomly post about LoL in a minecraft thread? That makes no sense.

I SWEAR TO FRIGGIN HELL I did NOT post this here myself Someone must've moved it or there must've been a glitch or something cause...I mean lmfao why would I, again, post about LoL in a minecraft thread, out of NOWHERE!?

Your vendetta with LoL has driven you mad. There's no hope, I think it's about time we put you down ._.

*gets syringe*

♫Hush lil Saphy don't say a word..♫

*slowly injects needle into Saph's butt*

♫Syngie's gonna buy you a mocking bird..♫ ;(

Muffincat
07-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Well I'll have you know Muffin that I actually don't play anymore. There's simply nothing to get, infact, I think it might be you who doesn't get it.

There are no other MMORPG games in the world that will suspend or ban you for leaving during an instance or dungeon or raid or some other group activity. As far as I know, LoL is the only game that has it.

And there's a good reason why.

I'm sorry but for those of us who have an active life who'd preffer to NOT be forced to sit through 1 game for 40 minutes? LoL is simply a crappy and pointless game for us.

So again, I think it is you, who don't get it.

EDIT: Hold on one minute....I didn't post this here :-/ I posted this in a different thread. I swear to it!!! Why would I randomly post about LoL in a minecraft thread? That makes no sense.

I SWEAR TO FRIGGIN HELL I did NOT post this here myself :-/ Someone must've moved it or there must've been a glitch or something cause...I mean lmfao why would I, again, post about LoL in a minecraft thread, out of NOWHERE!?

It's the kind of system that makes the most sense for the kind of game that it is :/ Everyone who plays it pretty much thinks it's fair, because there is nothing more irritating than playing a game where someone leaves in the middle of it and ruins your chances completely. They're not out trying to persecute people who have lives... It's just the way that this kind of game works, and they have to prevent people from leaving whenever they want. No one gets special treatment just because they suddenly had something else to do. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else. They are doing what is best for the community as a whole. Don't get mad at the system that works the best for the genre just because you're too busy to dedicate the time it needs. :/

LoL is NOT an MMORPG. LoL is a MOBA. They play VERY differently, and it is impossible to compare it to WoW... because the function of one person is very different.

And no one moved your post :/ You must have thought you were in a different thread or something.

Saph
07-12-2011, 03:07 PM
It's the kind of system that makes the most sense for the kind of game that it is :/ Everyone who plays it pretty much thinks it's fair, because there is nothing more irritating than playing a game where someone leaves in the middle of it and ruins your chances completely. They're not out trying to persecute people who have lives... It's just the way that this kind of game works, and they have to prevent people from leaving whenever they want. No one gets special treatment just because they suddenly had something else to do. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else. They are doing what is best for the community as a whole. Don't get mad at the system that works the best for the genre just because you're too busy to dedicate the time it needs. :/

LoL is NOT an MMORPG. LoL is a MOBA. They play VERY differently, and it is impossible to compare it to WoW... because the function of one person is very different.

And no one moved your post :/ You must have thought you were in a different thread or something.

First of all: Sure, in WoW and others you can be replaced. So, why not in LoL too? They're probably making a ton of money on it, and I'm sure they have the money to get a more equally fair system started :S

And Muffin, you, like almost all other players in LoL, only see it from YOUR point of view: "YOU'RE A LEAVER QQ NOW I'M GONNA LOST A MATCH CAUSE YOU HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO!!!" Well Muffin fact of the matter is that there're things in life many thousands of times more important than the in-game success of 4 strangers who really won't suffer that much from losing a match or 2, I mean you don't get penalized for losing at all, except for getting a slightly smaller amount of JP and experience.

But don't get me wrong, if you leave just cause you're angry and feel like rage quitting? That's not okay, but if you have a family who needs you or something else critically important to do? Then they should gtfo with their system.

^ See, I know that sounds totally unfair, impossible, and rediculously complicated to even bother doing. You can't have a system like LoL, which can tell the difference between those who rage, and those who have to go, I mean you COULD, but it would be very complicated and way too inefficient(like checking the chat logs for each fight and checking if someone seemed angry, or maybe even said "sorry guys gtg baby crying" or whatever)

The system in LoL is absolutely not fair, in any way, shape, or form. It promotes Game > IRL, and makes people feel that they have to forsake more important matters alittle bit longer(alittle bit being up to and beyond 1 hr, ALOT happens in 1 hour :S)

And yeah I do have alittle bit of a vendetta against LoL, cause they shove their customers away by loving those who have the time in life to play for hours on end with only a small handful of oppertunities to leave, rather than finding a way to let the less active players get a break on the leaver point system.

I dunno, i'm sorry Muffin, but I have to simply say that here you are wrong, even if people on this forum disagree with me, I can almost guarantee you that many people elsewhere agree when I say that a system that punishes those who HAVE to go, is ****ed up, and shouldn't be used.

@Synge: Dude that's just ****ing messed up :-/ looks like it's you who should be put down...

Muffincat
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
I've moved these posts to a more appropriate thread.

And Muffin, you, like almost all other players in LoL, only see it from YOUR point of view: "YOU'RE A LEAVER QQ NOW I'M GONNA LOST A MATCH CAUSE YOU HAD BETTER THINGS TO DO!!!" Well Muffin fact of the matter is that there're things in life many thousands of times more important than the in-game success of 4 strangers who really won't suffer that much from losing a match or 2, I mean you don't get penalized for losing at all, except for getting a slightly smaller amount of JP and experience.

No, I'm not :/ I know that people have life issues, and, sure, it sucks if you have to leave for that. But LoL is, above all, a team game. It's not like WoW where team play is not the core focus of the game. I'm not saying there isn't team play in WoW, but it's obviously very different. It's selfish of you to say that the other people on your team should just deal with you leaving. I'm sorry, but it is. They want to play, and they want to have a fair shot at winning. If you're unsure of if you'll be able to finish a match, then you should play custom games with friends or try something else. Why are you more important than the other people on your team? If your life is busy enough that you can't devote the time, then you shouldn't be playing this kind of game. You can play WoW or Minecraft or something. LoL is not something I would play if I knew I might have to leave soon. It's completely unfair to your team mates.

I never said anything even close to what you're accusing me of. That is completely uncalled for.

But don't get me wrong, if you leave just cause you're angry and feel like rage quitting? That's not okay, but if you have a family who needs you or something else critically important to do? Then they should gtfo with their system.

^ See, I know that sounds totally unfair, impossible, and rediculously complicated to even bother doing. You can't have a system like LoL, which can tell the difference between those who rage, and those who have to go, I mean you COULD, but it would be very complicated and way too inefficient(like checking the chat logs for each fight and checking if someone seemed angry, or maybe even said "sorry guys gtg baby crying" or whatever)

Exactly. It's impossible to tell. And checking the chat logs wouldn't work, because people could easily say things to leave and not get punished. This is the only system that works.

The system in LoL is absolutely not fair, in any way, shape, or form. It promotes Game > IRL, and makes people feel that they have to forsake more important matters alittle bit longer(alittle bit being up to and beyond 1 hr, ALOT happens in 1 hour :S)

It is fair. It is the most fair system they can possibly implement. Think of it like our justice system. People who are guilty get away free, and people who are innocent sometimes get put in jail. It's unfortunate and we try our best to not let that happen. However, there is no possible way to keep this from happening with the tools we have. There just isn't.

And yeah I do have alittle bit of a vendetta against LoL, cause they shove their customers away by loving those who have the time in life to play for hours on end with only a small handful of oppertunities to leave, rather than finding a way to let the less active players get a break on the leaver point system.

I dunno, i'm sorry Muffin, but I have to simply say that here you are wrong, even if people on this forum disagree with me, I can almost guarantee you that many people elsewhere agree when I say that a system that punishes those who HAVE to go, is ****ed up, and shouldn't be used.

Can you come up with a system that works, Saph? You haven't given any viable suggestions for this. They have a staff that I am sure thinks about this stuff, and there just isn't another option. They don't shove away their customer base. They try to make things as even as possible.

Unfortunately, the nature of this kind of game is that it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. That's the kind of game this is. It's how it works. That's the problem. You're getting mad at something that pertains to the core mechanic of how the game works. You have to be willing to dedicate the time to it if you want to play, because if you decide to leave, then you leave your team behind.

This isn't the kind of game where you can solo and win. You rely heavily on your teammates, and the leave system works to enforce that team play happens. Their market isn't people who have to leave to do something every 30 minutes - you have to set aside the time and do it when you think you can. You can play 3v3 games, which are usually shorter, and if I am short on time, I will decide to play a match on that map instead.

I can't stress enough that the system in place is one that protects your game experience. It would be great if you could go "oh I have to go, my baby is crying" and not get penalized for it, but unfortunately, people are not trustworthy enough for us to believe that this is even the truth.

Leaving the game early is a huge problem for your team, and in this game, the team is more important than one individual. That is the basis for it. What if someone left in the middle of a sport in real life? Wouldn't that hurt the team, if they couldn't do anything about it? It's unfair, and this is the only way that they can try to keep people from ruining everyone's game experience.

Diligence109
07-12-2011, 03:54 PM
If there were a competitive game of soccer and one of the players just walked off the field with no notice, it would be a problem and that person would be penalized.

League of Legends is a team sport - if someone walks off the field(s of justice), they hurt the team, it is a problem, and they are penalized.

That's the nature of how the game and competitive team sports are designed. The only thing to do is

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8ckpiimKl1qbvj6vo1_400.png

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:02 PM
If there were a competitive game of soccer and one of the players just walked off the field with no notice, it would be a problem and that person would be penalized.

League of Legends is a team sport - if someone walks off the field(s of justice), they hurt the team, it is a problem, and they are penalized.

That's the nature of how the game and competitive team sports are designed. The only thing to do is

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8ckpiimKl1qbvj6vo1_400.png

......................What?

Comparing a real life sport to a game..........

paecmaker
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM

whats the difference(except the obvious) LOL is a big E sport game and people are in real competicions. Bith rely on teamwork and both need time.

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I've moved these posts to a more appropriate thread.

No, I'm not :/ I know that people have life issues, and, sure, it sucks if you have to leave for that. But LoL is, above all, a team game. It's not like WoW where team play is not the core focus of the game. I'm not saying there isn't team play in WoW, but it's obviously very different. It's selfish of you to say that the other people on your team should just deal with you leaving. I'm sorry, but it is. They want to play, and they want to have a fair shot at winning. If you're unsure of if you'll be able to finish a match, then you should play custom games with friends or try something else. Why are you more important than the other people on your team? If your life is busy enough that you can't devote the time, then you shouldn't be playing this kind of game. You can play WoW or Minecraft or something. LoL is not something I would play if I knew I might have to leave soon. It's completely unfair to your team mates.

I never said anything even close to what you're accusing me of. That is completely uncalled for.

Exactly. It's impossible to tell. And checking the chat logs wouldn't work, because people could easily say things to leave and not get punished. This is the only system that works.

It is fair. It is the most fair system they can possibly implement. Think of it like our justice system. People who are guilty get away free, and people who are innocent sometimes get put in jail. It's unfortunate and we try our best to not let that happen. However, there is no possible way to keep this from happening with the tools we have. There just isn't.

Can you come up with a system that works, Saph? You haven't given any viable suggestions for this. They have a staff that I am sure thinks about this stuff, and there just isn't another option. They don't shove away their customer base. They try to make things as even as possible.

Unfortunately, the nature of this kind of game is that it can take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. That's the kind of game this is. It's how it works. That's the problem. You're getting mad at something that pertains to the core mechanic of how the game works. You have to be willing to dedicate the time to it if you want to play, because if you decide to leave, then you leave your team behind.

This isn't the kind of game where you can solo and win. You rely heavily on your teammates, and the leave system works to enforce that team play happens. Their market isn't people who have to leave to do something every 30 minutes - you have to set aside the time and do it when you think you can. You can play 3v3 games, which are usually shorter, and if I am short on time, I will decide to play a match on that map instead.

I can't stress enough that the system in place is one that protects your game experience. It would be great if you could go "oh I have to go, my baby is crying" and not get penalized for it, but unfortunately, people are not trustworthy enough for us to believe that this is even the truth.

Leaving the game early is a huge problem for your team, and in this game, the team is more important than one individual. That is the basis for it. What if someone left in the middle of a sport in real life? Wouldn't that hurt the team, if they couldn't do anything about it? It's unfair, and this is the only way that they can try to keep people from ruining everyone's game experience.

Alright heard most of this before.... snip snip snip snip

Ah, here we go...it saves my gaming experience.........really? Again, you DO only think on one side of the box, Muffin. It may save some peoples gaming experience. But what about mine, and the people like me? I'm so arrogant in this cause those of you who DONT care about the system being so messed up, have the game dev on your side, while us who have better things to do, and those things MOSTLY not being planned(like a child? Or a pager job?), get banned and suspended left and right for keeping our lives together. Sure, makes absolute perfect and undeniable sense, Muffin, totally, completely.

And if I could make a better system? As a matter of fact I could. Take for example WoW's dungeon finder feature. Sure it's WoW, but some parts of WoW is worth using. If 1 person leaves, another person takes his place. I mean how many people every minute of every day sits and waits for a queue to start? Wouldn't it be SO much faster if they got a spot that someone else left? Doesn't that make more sense than simply suspending/banning the person who left and tell the people still waiting in queue to go f themselves?

If they'd accept the idea of making a system where people who're in a queue gets spots that others left, not only does it save the gaming experience, it also saves people from getting long queues, as can happen.

And let me rephrase Dilis illustration of it being a football game or a soccer game.

Dili, normally in a soccer game when someone leaves the field for whatever reason, they have a handful of replacement players who can take over in case of for example injuries.

^ Isn't that pretty much MY idea? Replacements?

Synge
07-12-2011, 04:31 PM

whats the difference(except the obvious) LOL is a big E sport game and people are in real competicions. Bith rely on teamwork and both need time.

Yeah... I'm not seeing the problem here.. Perfectly good analogy.

I think you're taking things a bit too personally Saph. The rules are set the way they are to benefit the majority of those that play, and provide them with a solid and fair competitive experience.

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah... I'm not seeing the problem here.. Perfectly good analogy.

I think you're taking things a bit too personally Saph. The rules are set the way they are to benefit the majority of those that play, and provide them with a solid and fair competitive experience.

Sure, cause I'm the only person out of all who play LoL who think that the system is a pile of crap...

LiNuX
07-12-2011, 04:38 PM
You can't expect a game like LoL to work the same way as a soccer match. In soccer, the have extra people for that team waiting to get in. If LoL had a reserve system where every team had 6 players, where only 5 were active at a time, then it would be the same.

If you want to compare it to a soccer game, if a player gets ejected with a red card, the whole team is down a player and it is a disadvantage for the entire team. That's what LoL is like.

AND you don't get banned in LoL for every single leave, I've seen people with 100-200 leaves on their account and I've asked them, they've never been banned.

When you leave, your team gets the opportunity to report you. LoL Has a tribunal system that allows gamers like you and me to vote on these cases. Most of the cases there are leaver complaints. And the users get to vote whether to punish or forgive the person that was reported. So you can't blame the developers, your fellow gamers are the ones who decide what happens. And if someone you played with is a part of that tribunal, then your chances of getting banned are much higher and that's probably what happened to you.

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
2 leaves 1 suspension for 24 hours?.......

So what you're saying is, that if you're lucky, you can have 200 leaves and not get banned cause people forgive you, but if you're unlucky, you can get banned in maybe 5 cause people did NOT forgive you?

Again...how in the flying piece of ****rat does that manage to reach a state of fairness? How is that possible? If you're lucky, you can leave all you want, no one cares, and the system pretty much doesn't apply to you in any way. If you're unlucky, you can practically never leave, cause everyone cares, and the system pretty much breathes down your neck the moment you click "play now"....

Where's this FAIRNESS that every single damned person seems to preach around here?

And seriously, those of you who feel it neccersary to -rep me...go **** yourselves.

Synge
07-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Sure, cause I'm the only person out of all who play LoL who think that the system is a pile of crap...

I said or implied you were? Quit being an ass, I said the system was in place to benefit the majority of the players.

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:44 PM
I said or implied you were?

I think you did, yes. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I'm sorry :(

paecmaker
07-12-2011, 04:45 PM
I say we leave this thread for the moment, feelings are WAY to high up, we can maybe continue after they have coolend down some.

Synge
07-12-2011, 04:46 PM

I think you did, yes. Unless I misunderstood you, in which case I'm sorry :(

I did not.

It's all good.

Muffincat
07-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Most people with 200+ leaves are around from when the system was less strict. They are, I think, harsher on newer players, because you had several leaves from the beginning of when you started to play... They want to enforce the idea that leaving is bad, especially because a lot of people come from FPS games where you can leave whenever you want.

I don't think a replacement system would work for a game like LoL. It just doesn't make sense to use in this kind of game, because there are too many factors.

And stop saying that I am not looking at any other side. I actually am, and you're the one who is getting angry, heated, and defensive.

Saph, calm down.

Do not start swearing at everyone. It's not acceptable.

edit: and that goes for everyone. No personal insults.

LiNuX
07-12-2011, 04:48 PM
2 leaves 1 suspension for 24 hours?.......

So what you're saying is, that if you're lucky, you can have 200 leaves and not get banned cause people forgive you, but if you're unlucky, you can get banned in maybe 5 cause people did NOT forgive you?

Again...how in the flying piece of ****rat does that manage to reach a state of fairness? How is that possible? If you're lucky, you can leave all you want, no one cares, and the system pretty much doesn't apply to you in any way. If you're unlucky, you can practically never leave, cause everyone cares, and the system pretty much breathes down your neck the moment you click "play now"....

Where's this FAIRNESS that every single damned person seems to preach around here?

And seriously, those of you who feel it neccersary to -rep me...go **** yourselves.

Who said life is fair? And you're seriously blowing everything out of proportion. You're acting as if they made you pay a $1000 fine and cost you your job or something. Then I'd understand your anger. But you're just ranting on about a game because you believe it's not fair. The game wasn't designed for you or any other individual. You can't expect every game to have the same system you're used to (like in WoW).

Saph
07-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I say we leave this thread for the moment, feelings are WAY to high up, we can maybe continue after they have coolend down some.

Gotta agree with Paec.

Nonetheless, Muffin, and now it's my turn to ask you to elaborate.

How would it not work to setup a 'match finder' system in LoL? How would it not work to have people in queue fill the spot that someone else left?
-If you say its a level issue: Well, have them join the game as the lowest level in the game at the time. Problem solved.

Pros that I can see:
People sitting in queues would have much shorter queues
People who needs to leave could leave, but rage quitting should still be punished(someone reports someone for getting angry or whatever for example)
People would feel more welcome. It is true, that most games allow people to leave when they want. Why should LoL not? Maybe it'd scare less people away(forcefully or willingly)

Cons that I can see:
......?

Paec has a point as I mentioned. I won't respond to whatever you write immediately, cause I'm gonna calm down first.

Diligence109
07-12-2011, 05:03 PM
What you are proposing is outrageous, but here are the exact reasons why having a bench of random people in the queue for LoL would not work:

The replacement can't be guaranteed to be of equal skill level of the player they are replacing
The replacement will not be aware of the context of the game they are in:

The champion they are playing (if they are even able to play that champion well/at all!)
The half finished build that they are inheriting on that champion
The builds and skill level of their teammates and those on the enemy team
The current status of important map objectives (baron/dragon map control, turret health, etc)

The turnover time in connecting a new player to the game (loading time) will leave the replaced player's champion uncontrolled for some time, probably getting them killed and otherwise putting them at an incredible disadvantage.
If the original player reconnects because they just had a connection issue, the replacement would have to be kicked out or the original not allowed to rejoin their game.
The difficulty of communication and associating with a new player mid-game and working with them on the team would be challenging for both the replacement and the pre-existing team.

In the end, the effects of someone leaving would still, even with a "bench", be devastating to a game. In fact, having a bench would often times just make it overall worse (because of the reasons above).

Trust that the game designers have already given this thought and worked out the best way to implement their game.

Saph
07-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Dili you misunderstand, I'm not asking for a bench of people to sit around and wait to start one specific match.

What I ask is for people who are sitting in queue waiting like always, HAD the oppertunity to fill the 5th slot in a game where the 5th person left for whatever reason, you know, so that team wasnt stuck with 4 people for the rest of the match.

And as I said earlier, why not have whatever new person who joins, automatically get the level of the lowest level person in the game? He'd be up to speed, atleast somewhat depending on how the fight goes(as in the lowest level in the ENTIRE game, not just your own team)

TigerBearPig
07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
LOL i didnt even look back at this after i posted..seems like i started a flame war AND reopened the thread..:) *feels pretty pro now...

paecmaker
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Dili you misunderstand, I'm not asking for a bench of people to sit around and wait to start one specific match.

What I ask is for people who are sitting in queue waiting like always, HAD the oppertunity to fill the 5th slot in a game where the 5th person left for whatever reason, you know, so that team wasnt stuck with 4 people for the rest of the match.

And as I said earlier, why not have whatever new person who joins, automatically get the level of the lowest level person in the game? He'd be up to speed, atleast somewhat depending on how the fight goes(as in the lowest level in the ENTIRE game, not just your own team)

But theres the problem anyway, I guess most people dont want to join a already started game, even if they are in que. Like Dili said, they would know nothing of the game and probably just ruin the game even more because they might not know the tactics of the player he has taken over.

Diligence109
07-12-2011, 06:01 PM

I did understand you, and the points that I outlined are still relevant

Muffincat
07-12-2011, 06:36 PM
All of his points are still relevant... besides, if I was waiting in a queue to join people who had disconnected... there are just so many logistical errors.

It would have to check for a ton of different parameters - you'd have to have the champion of the person who disconnected, for one thing, which you may or may not have... and you might be horrifically awful with them, and make it even worse. It would make the most sense if you inherited the character at the time the person disconnected, because you'd have to have all their items/creep score/everything... And you might end up being stuck with a build/creep score that is ridiculous or beneath/above your level of skill.

There are way too many factors in the game for this to work properly :/

CraeSC111
10-09-2011, 10:43 PM
If you have ever played games where ragequitting had no negative side you'd see that there are quite a few ragequitters and they can ruin a game that would've been an easy win. It is quite annoying playing those games and I often have trouble finding good ones that dont last 2 minutes before losing your team. I love the LoL system, although it can get annoying it stops people from leaving and ruining a game. Just make sure you have time for a game before you start. I have played something other than LoL because i didnt think I would have 30-45 minutes to devote to it.

xLykos
01-28-2012, 08:33 PM
If you're not gonna finish a game then don't start one, it screws your teammates over and that's not fair to them, man up