PDA

View Full Version : Bomberman Battlefest

R3d M4g3
05-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Anyone have Bomberman Battlefest and want to play?

The game is 800 MS Points (or $10) and a trial version is available for 3 16 minute sessions online. You need a Xbox Live Gold Membership to play online, regardless if you buy the game or play the trial.

Gamertag - DaR3dMag3

I'll probally be on between 7 and 12 at night (Right now its 8:30 am in Kentucky). Regardless if you play or not, feel free to add my gamertag.

EDIT:

Bomberman is a simple, yet sometimes, chaotic game. You place bombs and blow out obsticles out of your way. You gain powerups such as bigger blast ranges, more bombs or even differnt types of bombs. You win (in most cases) by trapping your opponents in with your bombs and destroy them. Regardless of the situation, last man standing wins. There are alot of game modes, making the game more managable or more of a blast filled hellhole. The game supports local play with up to 4 players, as well as bots and 8 player online play. You can do matchmaking or forum a XBL Party and host a private game.

-R3d M4g3, Forum Red Mage

Note: Hmm... after adding more info, I thought of maybe doing a review. What do you guys think?

Exentenzed
05-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Go ahead and make a review, it might even sway more people to pick up the game and play with you. :)

I remember i used to play on my SNES :P
The only game my dad was ever interested in playing with me actually xD

R3d M4g3
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Go ahead and make a review, it might even sway more people to pick up the game and play with you. :)

I remember i used to play on my SNES :P
The only game my dad was ever interested in playing with me actually xD
Really? My dad liked this game too :) He wasn't a big gamer as well.

Anyhow, I think I might go do that.

Exentenzed
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Hah! Wonder what it is about us guys and the appeal of blowing stuff up xD

Yea, please do man. I havent seen anything from Bomberman in ages so a decent review on todays generations Bomberman will surely entertain me. :P

Muffincat
05-20-2011, 12:52 PM
My sister really loves this game, but I've never played it myself. No XBox for me, either :(

R3d M4g3
05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
My sister really loves this game, but I've never played it myself. No XBox for me, either :(
That's a shame. Don't worry though. Most systems have a copy, and are very simular.

Bomberman Blast for Wii
Bomberman Blitz for DSi and 3DS
Bomberman Ultra for PS3

Also, they're all downloaded and require no retail disc.

Muffincat
05-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Ah, perhaps I'll pick it up for my PS3 once I get money again...

R3d M4g3
05-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Ah, perhaps I'll pick it up for my PS3 once I get money again...
...and the PSN Store is back up :)

paecmaker
05-21-2011, 11:54 AM
I played a version on my sega megadrive. I loved it playing with a friend.:p

R3d M4g3
05-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I played a version on my sega megadrive. I loved it playing with a friend.:p
That's the thing - Bomberman plays VERY similarly to the original version (On the NES) but still is fun. Why? Everyone (that is Human, I guess) loves the chaotic nature of Bomberman. Sure, it may get old, but yelling at your best friend when he, or she, blows you away in seconds, regardless if its on a couch or over a headset.

Fr0stByte
05-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Anyone have Bomberman Battlefest and want to play?

The game is 800 MS Points (or $10) and a trial version is available for 3 16 minute sessions online. You need a Xbox Live Gold Membership to play online, regardless if you buy the game or play the trial.

Gamertag - DaR3dMag3

I'll probally be on between 7 and 12 at night (Right now its 8:30 am in Kentucky). Regardless if you play or not, feel free to add my gamertag.

EDIT:

Bomberman is a simple, yet sometimes, chaotic game. You place bombs and blow out obsticles out of your way. You gain powerups such as bigger blast ranges, more bombs or even differnt types of bombs. You win (in most cases) by trapping your opponents in with your bombs and destroy them. Regardless of the situation, last man standing wins. There are alot of game modes, making the game more managable or more of a blast filled hellhole. The game supports local play with up to 4 players, as well as bots and 8 player online play. You can do matchmaking or forum a XBL Party and host a private game.

-R3d M4g3, Forum Red Mage

Note: Hmm... after adding more info, I thought of maybe doing a review. What do you guys think?

or you can do as I did and emulate the snes version onto your psp

R3d M4g3
05-23-2011, 08:26 AM
or you can do as I did and emulate the snes version onto your psp
You want Internet play?

You buy game :D