PDA

View Full Version : thinking about it. (help?)

Kenoi
05-23-2011, 11:14 AM
well i'm thinkin about getting an xbox (360 of course) uhh I still have the old school xbox games, but I was wondering if the new slim plays them... I dont know, thats why I made this thread so someone can help me hopefully...

also, whats the difference? one for $199 and the other for $299. I dont get it.
including some help on games. i'm down for anything new yo. no fanboy-ism or anything like that, I'm pretty much a universal console person.
thanks in advance

paecmaker
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I cant tell you mutch about the slim but I got some games here

Red dead redemption- a wild west gta style.
halo reach- a must have if halo fan
gears of war serie- the most baddass serie ever.

ROFLBRYCE
05-23-2011, 11:26 AM
The $199 has a 4gb hard drive that won't play original games. There are 2 of the $299 I believe. One has a 250GB hard drive that WILL play original Xbox games! Do NOT pick up the 4GB with Kinect for $299 as you'll be hooped at playing the first Xbox games.

You can play the original games on the $199 and Kinect-bundle, but you'll have to fork out $120 + to purchase a separate 250gb hard drive.

R3d M4g3
05-23-2011, 12:47 PM
List of Compatable Original Xbox Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360)

That's the list of games that should work...

If you get the slim, you need the 250GB Model, not the 4GB or 4GB Kinect bundle. I do fine w/ my 120GB Old Skool Xbox :)

Besides Original Xbox games, do you have any ideas on what you would like to get for a 360 (If you got one, of course ;D)

SiC TwiSteD
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
get the $299 dollar one for the best deal out of your money, most games are backwards compatible with the new 360's

Some games:
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Left 4 Dead 1, 2
GoW Series
Halo Series
Fable 1, 2, and 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Fallout 3 and New Vegas

Kenoi
05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
List of Compatable Original Xbox Games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360)

That's the list of games that should work...

If you get the slim, you need the 250GB Model, not the 4GB or 4GB Kinect bundle. I do fine w/ my 120GB Old Skool Xbox :)

Besides Original Xbox games, do you have any ideas on what you would like to get for a 360 (If you got one, of course ;D)

well i just wanted to know what's good on the 360. I'm not really familiar with any specific title.... well my friend's trying to get me into halo, but I've tried it.. but I kind of don't like it. which is why I made this thread! haha.
well, i'm a fighter/RPG/shooter genre type... but I can try out any new things on this console.

also, thanks everyone for the recommendations! I shall get the 250gb one. cause I still want to play my original xbox games. I still have like 6 of them.

R3d M4g3
05-25-2011, 09:52 AM
well i just wanted to know what's good on the 360. I'm not really familiar with any specific title.... well my friend's trying to get me into halo, but I've tried it.. but I kind of don't like it. which is why I made this thread! haha.
well, i'm a fighter/RPG/shooter genre type... but I can try out any new things on this console.

also, thanks everyone for the recommendations! I shall get the 250gb one. cause I still want to play my original xbox games. I still have like 6 of them.
Yeah, Halo has been ruined with all the boosters in it. I mean, any FPS will have them, but Halo has gotten pretty bad...

For Fighters (Arcade, of course ;) ) Try Soul Calibur IV or Super Street Fighter IV. Both have been out for a while and are decent games. Both have online play and leaderboards as well.

RPG's, try Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Elders Scrolls IV : Oblivion. Those are really the only ones I like on 360 tbh.

FPS, Call of Duty or Battlefield - Bad Company 2. BC2 doesn't get much updates. and CoD MW2 is full of Modded ranks and leaderboards. BO is a little bit better, less hackers, more boosters... but they can be handled. If you go CoD's way, go with CoD 4 - MW or CoD WaW. Those are the better of the 4.

P.S MW3 just got annouced and is to be released in November 2011. Don't buy it right away, incase Infinity Ward fumbles the ball AGAIN. If I'm still here, I'll gladly sacrifice 60$ to save the damned souls of the CoD Fanbase on these forums.

Try looking on reviews here to get an idea for what kind of games people like. Who knows, you may share their taste.

Jayhmmz
05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Yeah, Halo has been ruined with all the boosters in it. I mean, any FPS will have them, but Halo has gotten pretty bad...

For Fighters (Arcade, of course ;) ) Try Soul Calibur IV or Super Street Fighter IV. Both have been out for a while and are decent games. Both have online play and leaderboards as well.

RPG's, try Fallout 3 or New Vegas, Elders Scrolls IV : Oblivion. Those are really the only ones I like on 360 tbh.

FPS, Call of Duty or Battlefield - Bad Company 2. BC2 doesn't get much updates. and CoD MW2 is full of Modded ranks and leaderboards. BO is a little bit better, less hackers, more boosters... but they can be handled. If you go CoD's way, go with CoD 4 - MW or CoD WaW. Those are the better of the 4.

P.S MW3 just got annouced and is to be released in November 2011. Don't buy it right away, incase Infinity Ward fumbles the ball AGAIN. If I'm still here, I'll gladly sacrifice 60$ to save the damned souls of the CoD Fanbase on these forums.

Try looking on reviews here to get an idea for what kind of games people like. Who knows, you may share their taste.

This. It's a good list of games that I would also recommend. Dragon Age is a great RPG, but I think, personally, that it's only worth playing on the PC, as the console versions are a bit... damp and smelly.

I don't really like Black Ops myself, I got a bit sick with how easy they have made it for noob players, as it creates some severe imbalance issues, but it's great if you want to have it for a casual drop-in game that you can switch on and off without fuss. Having said that, I would say that MW2 is better than Black Ops, for it has less of a 'fuss' factor.

Please take my view on Black Ops with a pinch of salt though, as I'm just being a sour puss, because I'm a hardcore Call of Duty fan (having had the first Call of Duty on the PC, along with every main title after that, since day 1!!), and in my eyes the franchise is slowly deteriorating and getting boring. Let's hope that MW3 is a lot better than Black Ops though, whatever your opinion is!

paecmaker
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
This. It's a good list of games that I would also recommend. Dragon Age is a great RPG, but I think, personally, that it's only worth playing on the PC, as the console versions are a bit... damp and smelly.

I don't really like Black Ops myself, I got a bit sick with how easy they have made it for noob players, as it creates some severe imbalance issues, but it's great if you want to have it for a casual drop-in game that you can switch on and off without fuss. Having said that, I would say that MW2 is better than Black Ops, for it has less of a 'fuss' factor.

Please take my view on Black Ops with a pinch of salt though, as I'm just being a sour puss, because I'm a hardcore Call of Duty fan (having had the first Call of Duty on the PC, along with every main title after that, since day 1!!), and in my eyes the franchise is slowly deteriorating and getting boring. Let's hope that MW3 is a lot better than Black Ops though, whatever your opinion is!

I checked a gameplay teaser and it looks like they have improved the engine, pretty much. The campaign seems to be a testosterone stinking explosion party with some stains of LSD.

Saph
05-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Games you should get for Xbox 360:

Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Fable II(&III)

R3d M4g3
05-25-2011, 12:47 PM

Yeah, that pissed me off (MW to MW2) because in MW, you were epic if you could Quickscope. Then, like a dude who doesn't know how to pull out, Steady Aim came and tore it's insides out.

MW2's Multiplayer is better BY FAR, however, with the full out hacking and Infinity Ward at a "Standstill" as they've put it, I'd rather play a dumbed down Black Ops over a epic MW2 covered in interwebs STDS.

I checked a gameplay teaser and it looks like they have improved the engine, pretty much. The campaign seems to be a testosterone stinking explosion party with some stains of LSD.

...what the hell?

Games you should get for Xbox 360:

Elder Scrolls Oblivion
Fable II(&III)

Oblivion, Yes. Fable III, yes. Fable II... eh. Story was good, and Singleplayer was great... but Falbe III has Multiplayer that DOESN'T require you to play as a generic character.

paecmaker
05-25-2011, 01:06 PM
...what the hell?

no explaining, just one movie

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Reveal Trailer) - FZ.se (http://www.fz.se/filmer/20110524/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-reveal-trailer/)

Ilyich Valken
05-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Reveal Trailer) - FZ.se (http://www.fz.se/filmer/20110524/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-reveal-trailer/)

That video's actually missing a few seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mXeW03QvcE

R3d M4g3
05-26-2011, 10:51 AM

No, not that. The side comment he made about it.

paecmaker
05-26-2011, 01:36 PM
No, not that. The side comment he made about it.

What this

The campaign seems to be a testosterone stinking explosion party with some stains of LSD.

I said it because it is what I think it is. Big guns, big explosions bad russians and EXTREMELY OVERDONE HOLLYWOOD ACTION SCENES ON LSD(a party drug).

R3d M4g3
05-27-2011, 09:03 AM
What this

I said it because it is what I think it is. Big guns, big explosions bad russians and EXTREMELY OVERDONE HOLLYWOOD ACTION SCENES ON LSD(a party drug).
So, they're going to make a Roman Orgy Simulator?

Anyhow, MW3 looks great, but we'll see if Infinty Ward will live up to CoD's name.

Ilyich Valken
05-27-2011, 09:22 AM
So, they're going to make a Roman Orgy Simulator?

Anyhow, MW3 looks great, but we'll see if Infinty Ward will live up to CoD's name.

Infinity Ward has been the company making the good games, to be honest. (3, WaW, and Black Ops were all pretty mediocre, especially since they ran off a slightly updated engine from the game before them.)

R3d M4g3
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Infinity Ward has been the company making the good games, to be honest. (3, WaW, and Black Ops were all pretty mediocre, especially since they ran off a slightly updated engine from the game before them.)
Referring to MW2 - Good Multiplayer structure, but ******ed up security - you can't even go on there w/o anykind of hackers...

ROFLBRYCE
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM

Here, I copy-pasted a list I've made before for you! It all depends on what you wanna play though, man.

Shooters:
Halo: Reach, CoD: 4, CoD: World at War, Bulletstorm, Left 4 Dead ONE, BFBC2, Medal of Honour, Cabela's Hunting Games, Perfect Dark (ARCADE)

RPG:
Fallout 3, Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, Banjo Kazooie (ARCADE), Borderlands, Dragon Age 1 and 2

Action (Hack'N'Slash/Fighting):
Soul Calibur 4, Too Human, NinetyNineNights, Xmen Origins: Wolverine, StreetFighter4, Dead or Alive series, Prototype(Kinda like an RPG too)

Racing: (Don't play these alot lol)
Forza Motorsport 2/3, Need for Speed series, Test Drive Unlimited

Music:
Guitar Hero 2,3,Smash Hits, Metallica, Rockband 2.

(ARCADE games must be purchased through the Xbox Live game store, with an Xbox Live account)

Ilyich Valken
05-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Referring to MW2 - Good Multiplayer structure, but ******ed up security - you can't even go on there w/o anykind of hackers...

True, but Activision ****ed Infinity Ward up when they caused most of the talent to leave. But then again.. IW was always the slower of the two when it came to the community post-launch.

Kenoi
05-27-2011, 11:21 PM
yo, I finally got a 360. I still haven't set it up though. also, what sucks is that I'm playing it on a regular tv... a SMALL tv. its ugly, but it'll do.

R3d M4g3
06-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Yeah, most games will do fine, even on a small TV.

Adjust the sharpness and brightness to your liking, and you'll be fine. HD is so overrated anyhow...

CoDFreak
01-15-2012, 04:41 AM
Definently add Call of Duty to that list, the latest one MW3.
Not trying to show fanboyism but it's a good competitive game if your into shooters and the campaign is pretty epic.
As for the other game you were mentioning, seems like you have an idea of some good titles. Stick with that and you should be good for a while. It just might get a little expensive getting all the games at once. You might want to try Gamefly. I'm not going to post a link cause of the forum rules but basically you get the games you want for as long as you want without having to buy them and you get a discount if you want to keep it.
PM me if you want a link.

Anyways good choice on the 250gb cause you can run out of room quick and 4gb just isn't enough.

Also something to remember is whatever game you'll be playing for say 4 hours or more at a time, be sure to download it to your hard drive as it makes for cleaner play. The original 360s would over heat if you didn't download it to your hard drive but I don't know about the new ones. Either way it's a good idea as the gameplay is smoother and loads much quicker.

Hope this helps.

Peace