PDA

View Full Version : MW3 Elite.

Jayhmmz
05-31-2011, 07:30 PM
There's something else on the horizon from Activision, a social networking system for MW3! It looks pretty cool, and the instructional video on their website is pretty funny...

You can find the details and all related info about Call of Duty: Elite Beta on my blog (http://jayhmmz.blogspot.com/2011/05/call-of-duty-elite-beta.html)!

Ilyich Valken
05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Personally, I think it looks stupid. It's something other companies have done for free (Bungie, Treyarch) except they're making you pay for some of the better/more likely used features. All this, at a slightly less or equal to the amount of say, Netflix for features that you should be able to use from the get-go and for free.

Jokersvirus
05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
MW3 looks as a means to collect more money without giving alot in return. Unless they are giving alot of free services I will be annoyed by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlNLBLYSjg&feature=feedlik

Delta
06-01-2011, 01:58 AM
MW3 looks as a means to collect more money without giving alot in return. Unless they are giving alot of free services I will be annoyed by this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlNLBLYSjg&feature=feedlik

NGT FTW!! But anyways, thats complete crap, i'm not payin Craptivision for something i wouldnt use. If i wanted to talk to ma frends i would go to a private mtach QS wit him and talk. I hope that they're bringing back QS because idk why Treyarch took that off. You're just makin ppl pissed off the fact tht we cant QS even though we have been QS since COD 4 (I never played the series before COD 4 but i played multiplayer on COD 2 at Echo's house)

Jayhmmz
06-01-2011, 06:43 AM
Well it has been confirmed that players won't have to pay a subscription to play MW3, which is good. I don't think Call of Duty: Elite is essential for people to have, it's just a luxury, if you can call it that.

R3d M4g3
06-01-2011, 07:39 AM
Good idea... needs to either be free, or have alot of features for free users. Otherwise, I'll stick to using my MSN and Party Chats.

Havoc
06-01-2011, 07:47 AM
What kind of bs is this? XD
Social network you have to pay for in a game like Call of Duty... 90% of CoD players are 100% antisocial... So now 15y old kiddies have more ways to tell you what kind of cheating fag you are for kicking their ass in sabotage.

I'm sure this is the right path to take. Or did I get this wrong?

R3d M4g3
06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
What kind of bs is this? XD
Social network you have to pay for in a game like Call of Duty... 90% of CoD players are 100% antisocial... So now 15y old kiddies have more ways to tell you what kind of cheating fag you are for kicking their ass in sabotage.

I'm sure this is the right path to take. Or did I get this wrong?

ILiek2Pwn1337 has entered MW3 Elite

Me: Hey, want to play MW3?
ILiek2Pwn1337: sure, lemme get my headset, lol
Me: Ok.
*10-15 minutes later*
ILiek2Pwn1337: omfg u stupid fag
Me: Good game, mate.
ILiek2Pwn1337: fk u jewfag smfd
Me: ???
ILiek2Pwn1337:I has 1337 in my name, make me better than you
Me: Screw this, the lobbys full of 12 year olds like you are better than this crap.
ILiek2Pwn1337: STFU U FAG I'M 21 I SMOEK WEED AND DRINK BEER
Me: Cool story bro.

DaR3dMag3 has left MW3 Elite.

ILiek2Pwn1337: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

ILiek2Pwn1337 disconnected.

^ pretty much sums up how well it would work, now that I think of it.

paecmaker
06-01-2011, 10:00 AM
^ yeah pretty much sums it up, even if I started texting with one that played, we compared our computers:p

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Well it has been confirmed that players won't have to pay a subscription to play MW3, which is good. I don't think Call of Duty: Elite is essential for people to have, it's just a luxury, if you can call it that.

I don't mean this to sound rude or anything, but there never should've been any fear that it WAS subscription based. 402 (Robert Bowling, IW PR head) said it wasn't going to be paid, and from the get-go they stated that Elite was a separate service that would be mostly free.

Jayhmmz
06-01-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't mean this to sound rude or anything, but there never should've been any fear that it WAS subscription based. 402 (Robert Bowling, IW PR head) said it wasn't going to be paid, and from the get-go they stated that Elite was a separate service that would be mostly free.

What you said isn't rude at all, it's fact. However, there were still some people who had a blind hatred for the new Activision and Blizzard partnership, and those people spread vicious rumours that the next Call of Duty title from IW would be paid-for - I never believed it, as it would have been scandalous to say the least.

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 03:36 PM
What you said isn't rude at all, it's fact. However, there were still some people who had a blind hatred for the new Activision and Blizzard partnership, and those people spread vicious rumours that the next Call of Duty title from IW would be paid-for - I never believed it, as it would have been scandalous to say the least.

Heh, well.. I was going to say something else and I just forgot to take that part out when I changed my mind. But, really, Activision Blizzard is just a business maneuver. Activision and Blizzard are basically still seperate identities, it just benefited them both to join together.

I spent all of yesterday arguing with idiots about it, not because I didn't know the people were trolling, but if you let them continue, you let them breed idiocy and ignorance. That and the idiots on youtube spamming both BF3 and MW3 videos with "OMFG THIS GAME SUCKS, XXXX GAME IS GOING TO KICK ITS ASS" and all the immaturity and ****waddery that comes along with it.

paecmaker
06-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Heh, well.. I was going to say something else and I just forgot to take that part out when I changed my mind. But, really, Activision Blizzard is just a business maneuver. Activision and Blizzard are basically still seperate identities, it just benefited them both to join together.

I spent all of yesterday arguing with idiots about it, not because I didn't know the people were trolling, but if you let them continue, you let them breed idiocy and ignorance. That and the idiots on youtube spamming both BF3 and MW3 videos with "OMFG THIS GAME SUCKS, XXXX GAME IS GOING TO KICK ITS ASS" and all the immaturity and ****waddery that comes along with it.

I have no quarrel with activision blizzard, I dont play the cod games since nr4 but I hate the youtube idiots. It makes me feel bad, are all gamers really that that. Either immature or assholes, mostly both.

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 04:46 PM
I have no quarrel with activision blizzard, I dont play the cod games since nr4 but I hate the youtube idiots. It makes me feel bad, are all gamers really that that. Either immature or assholes, mostly both.

A good portion of them seem to be, at least a good portion of the
"hardcore" and casual players are. I say "hardcore" because anyone that actually calls themselves that are just morons who think they're better tan everyone else.

Exentenzed
06-01-2011, 05:07 PM
are all gamers really that that. Either immature or assholes, mostly both.

Nah, but the mature ones usually have no need to flap their mouths about everything'n'anything.. :)

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Nah, but the mature ones usually have no need to flap their mouths about everything'n'anything.. :)

This. Most of the time, the ones that aren't talking are the good ones.

R3d M4g3
06-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Thank you! There are other people on the internet who doesn't bad mouth games without actually giving it a chance.

Fr0stByte
06-06-2011, 01:47 PM
lolwut?...they expect you to pay for that ****?

Jayhmmz
06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
lolwut?...they expect you to pay for that ****?

I don't think anything is certain yet - it's all up in the air amongst rumours.

Delta
06-06-2011, 04:50 PM
This. Most of the time, the ones that aren't talking are the good ones.

I have a question. Why do they have mics but dnt tlk on Xbox i was thinkin ok so they must be in a private chat or a party but i ALSO see those ppl on PS3. Why dont they talk we need more nise ppl on CoD games. And the ESRB company should say "Online interactions rated A cuz ppl dnt kno how to play a game wit lil kids"

Jayhmmz
06-07-2011, 04:59 AM
So what happened was, BF3 announced a service that is similar to Elite, called Battlelog, and it sounds 10x better than Elite; "It's also 100% free of charge", they said with a smile.

Fr0stByte
06-07-2011, 01:31 PM
So what happened was, BF3 announced a service that is similar to Elite, called Battlelog, and it sounds 10x better than Elite; "It's also 100% free of charge", they said with a smile.

1upsmanship at its best

Jayhmmz
06-07-2011, 01:34 PM
1upsmanship at its best

Yup! :D

It makes me sad that MW3 will outsell BF3, because of all the Call of Duty sheep pre-ordering it because they're brainwashed. But there is no doubt that already Battlefield 3 is ****ting all over MW3 quality-wise.

Ilyich Valken
06-07-2011, 10:42 PM

Problem is, Elite does what Battlelog does and probably more.. mostly at the price of free. The only perk they've announced to having the premium subscription is getting the map packs without having to pay that $15 on the spot.

Jayhmmz
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Problem is, Elite does what Battlelog does and probably more.. mostly at the price of free. The only perk they've announced to having the premium subscription is getting the map packs without having to pay that $15 on the spot.

Be that as it may, I think BF3 & Battlelog with tea-bag MW3 :D

Exentenzed
06-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Problem is, Elite does what Battlelog does and probably more..

I can't see the problem with more features?

It makes me sad that MW3 will outsell BF3, because of all the Call of Duty sheep pre-ordering it because they're brainwashed.

And you don't think BF3 has been preordered allready? :P Besides, who are we to call them sheep/brainwashed for playing a game they apparently enjoy?
Just because a portion of CoD's fanbase can be a bit immature is no reason to trash talk every CoD player. :P

Im just saying this because previously you have had properly rationalized and respectable comments, but it seems you are getting closer to the "CoD vs BF3" Pitfall that we're trying to avoid here. :)

After all, they are different games.

Jayhmmz
06-08-2011, 10:36 AM
And you don't think BF3 has been preordered allready? :P Besides, who are we to call them sheep/brainwashed for playing a game they apparently enjoy?
Just because a portion of CoD's fanbase can be a bit immature is no reason to trash talk every CoD player. :P

Im just saying this because previously you have had properly rationalized and respectable comments, but it seems you are getting closer to the "CoD vs BF3" Pitfall that we're trying to avoid here. :)

After all, they are different games.

The only reason why I am so against CoD at the moment is that people I know are giving MW3 far too much credit than it deserves, whilst not really caring about BF3 as much, and it's insane! People are far too loyal to the CoD series; I was once loyal, but not any more, because the fact of the matter is, Activision don't give a damn about the gamers any more. Gone are the days of the spectacular CoD games.

EA DICE have a near pristine record when it comes to creating a brilliant FPS shooter. Not only has it got tactical aspects, it prevents people from running around and spraying. Oh, and they also care about their fans and maintain the game to the best of their abilities.

My issue with Call of Duty now is that the game is making it far to easy for people who are **** at the game to get great scores, by giving them overpowered kill streak rewards (after gaining their kills in the cheapest and most pathetic way possible) and being awarded deathstreak rewards... DEATHstreak... what the hell!?

Ilyich Valken
06-08-2011, 10:37 AM
I can't see the problem with more features?

It's not a problem insofar as "something's wrong" just that saying Battlelog > Elite simply because BL is completely free is of the wrong thought, since most of Elite is free as well.

and being awarded deathstreak rewards... DEATHstreak... what the hell!?

Deathstreaks are rewards, they're to try and help the player out of that slump. It's an entirely retarded idea, but it's far from a reward.

Exentenzed
06-08-2011, 10:43 AM
The only reason why I am so against CoD at the moment is that people I know are giving MW3 far too much credit than it deserves, whilst not really caring about BF3 as much, and it's insane! People are far too loyal to the CoD series; I was once loyal, but not any more, because the fact of the matter is, Activision don't give a damn about the gamers any more. Gone are the days of the spectacular CoD games.

EA DICE have a near pristine record when it comes to creating a brilliant FPS shooter. Not only has it got tactical aspects, it prevents people from running around and spraying. Oh, and they also care about their fans and maintain the game to the best of their abilities.

My issue with Call of Duty now is that the game is making it far to easy for people who are **** at the game to get great scores, by giving them overpowered kill streak rewards (after gaining their kills in the cheapest and most pathetic way possible) and being awarded deathstreak rewards... DEATHstreak... what the hell!?

There's the Jay im used to! :)
This i can agree with.

It's not a problem insofar as "something's wrong" just that saying Battlelog > Elite simply because BL is completely free is of the wrong thought, since most of Elite is free as well.

Im going to keep the oppinions about both these things to myself until i can actually see what they are going to offer me.