PDA

View Full Version : Sony Remastering PSP Games for the PS3

Muffincat
06-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Apparently there are going to be some PSP games remade for the PS3, including Monster Hunter titles! Not sure if this will be coming out in the US or not, but oh my god I would love to have Monster Hunter on my PS3 instead of my Wii (not bashing on the Wii, I love it, but I would so rather have it on my PS3).

The Escapist : News : Sony Remastering PSP Titles for PS3, Monster Hunter Up First (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110275-Sony-Remastering-PSP-Titles-for-PS3-Monster-Hunter-Up-First)

Sounds pretty sweet to me, if they do it right. Ported games can be awful, especially ones ported from a handheld console... but I guess we'll see.

Muffinbat
06-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Hopefully they bring the port for MHP3 over to NA and it would be amazing if they ported the Felyne Village game too.

Havoc
06-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Dissidia would be nice... :3 Crysis Core too...

Muffincat
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Hopefully they bring the port for MHP3 over to NA and it would be amazing if they ported the Felyne Village game too.

omg yes the Felyne Village game I WOULD PLAY IT ALL DAY EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

R3d M4g3
06-02-2011, 06:58 AM
No. Maybe download PSP games onto the PS3 and play the original versions, but just rerendering PSP games and selling them AGAIN is really stupid.

Just like the PSP Go move they made...

ZXDarknessfalls
06-02-2011, 11:31 AM
But I don't wanna buy a ps3 so I can play more Monster Hunter D :

EpsilonX
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
No. Maybe download PSP games onto the PS3 and play the original versions, but just rerendering PSP games and selling them AGAIN is really stupid.

Why? They've been doing the same thing with the PS2 remasters, and those have been doing well.

I wanna get Monster Hunter and Peace Walker....I feel bad cuz my mom got me Monster Hunter Tri when it came out, but if I get the PSP->PS3 game i'm probably never gonna play Tri again lol

Muffinbat
06-02-2011, 12:27 PM

That is a valid point, but for people that do not have a psp and have a ps3 its a pretty awesome idea and if they make use the psn for multiplayer it will be pretty awesome.

R3d M4g3
06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
That is a valid point, but for people that do not have a psp and have a ps3 its a pretty awesome idea and if they make use the psn for multiplayer it will be pretty awesome.
Of course. I'm referring more to people who already owned these games...

Even if its just adjusting them for the PS3, that would be epic... but a whole remake just for PS3 release? No thanks.

Muffincat
06-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I assumed that that was what they were doing o.o Is it not?

Basically keeping the games the same they are but making adjustments for the differences between the PSP and PS3?

EpsilonX
06-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I think that's what they're doing though...just upgrading everything, not entirely re-making it.

Muffinbat
06-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Hmm I reread the article and realized I totally missed the part about it using adhoc party for the multiplayer, hopefully it will let people play the HD games with psp users to void for any worries about needed to buy the same game twice just to play with friends on the ps3.

! Bah I watched he video they had and it looks like it will support cross platform game play, so good times for all it seems.

Delta
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Did they already do that to Ratchet and Clank Size Matters? When i saw tht commercial i was psyched then it said only for PSP, then about a year later, i went to a video store to rent F.E.A.R. 2 then found Size Matters for the PS2. So i got it instead of F.E.A.R. 2

Kenoi
06-02-2011, 08:04 PM
yo, i'm fine playing monster hunter on the psp, but on the ps3 with the graphics?! YOOOOO. thats really nice. I wouldn't mind starting over again too. on the armor/weapons/quests side of the game

Muffincat
06-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Did they already do that to Ratchet and Clank Size Matters? When i saw tht commercial i was psyched then it said only for PSP, then about a year later, i went to a video store to rent F.E.A.R. 2 then found Size Matters for the PS2. So i got it instead of F.E.A.R. 2

Yeah, I got it for the PS2 a long time ago... but tbh, they did a poor job. The controls and graphics were weird and not Ratchet and Clank-y like they are in games specifically made for the console |:

EpsilonX
06-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I got it for the PS2 a long time ago... but tbh, they did a poor job. The controls and graphics were weird and not Ratchet and Clank-y like they are in games specifically made for the console |:

lol, well that's just a psp --> ps2 port. Although, this just seems like a glorified port of the game, hopefully there's something to set it apart from a regular port.

Muffincat
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I wasn't saying that it had any bearing on the games coming out for the PS3... I was just telling him that they did a poor job on that game oO

EpsilonX
06-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Anyways, Peace Walker is gonna be part of the MGS collection and not one of these psp -> ps3 games, but it will still have the transfarrance thing where you can play it on the ps3 for a bit, then switch the save over to your psp and continue it on the road. I would really liked to see Crisis Core and maybe the Third Birthday come to ps3

Delta
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM

And you know whats wierd, I've been a R&C fan since the first one, and beat all of them, except for Size matters it just wasnt ready to b made for a console. So i gotta get a PSP and try to beat it on there. Wasnt there a Secret Agent Clank game or something? whats the story for it?

EpsilonX
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
And you know whats wierd, I've been a R&C fan since the first one, and beat all of them, except for Size matters it just wasnt ready to b made for a console. So i gotta get a PSP and try to beat it on there. Wasnt there a Secret Agent Clank game or something? whats the story for it?

Why is that weird?

Delta
06-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Why is that weird?

I never beat size matters and ive beaten all the R&C series except for Secret Agent Clank i dnt think tht one counts as a game towards the series

EpsilonX
06-04-2011, 02:35 PM
I still don't see how that's weird lol