PDA

View Full Version : PS4 in 2011?

Exentenzed
06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Was surfing the web a bit and stumbled over this gem. Some of you might be interested. :)
Also i misread it a bit, it wont be for sale until 2012.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6315511/playstation-4-development-under-way-sony?tag=topstory%3Btitle

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 05:33 PM
The 2012 release date is the Wii 2, not the PS4. I'm willing to bet we won't see the next generation Xbox or Playstation until late 2013 in the earliest.

Delta
06-01-2011, 05:39 PM
The 2012 release date is the Wii 2, not the PS4. I'm willing to bet we won't see the next generation Xbox or Playstation until late 2013 in the earliest.

I have to agree wit Ilyrich, both of the consoles are perfect for now, I don't think they should come out with anything new (cept for DLC [DownLoadable Crap]) so yeah, they dont need to come out wit a new console so soon but the PS3 could hav better connection

Exentenzed
06-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Ah sorry. xD

I thought i was gonna be nice and post the news i found for those interested, but since i don't have interest in it myself i just skimmed it. xD

I have to agree wit Ilyrich, both of the consoles are perfect for now, I don't think they should come out with anything new (cept for DLC [DownLoadable Crap]) so yeah, they dont need to come out wit a new console so soon but the PS3 could hav better connection

The consoles are barely keeping up man. If you drive at high enough speed on L.A. Noire on the PS3 or Xbox360 the consoles has problems with rendering.

Delta
06-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Well i never played L.A. Noire cuz im not much of like a umm wat type of game is it mystery or somethin i mean Heavy Rain was awesome but i cant get into those without seein explosions and ragdoll dead bodies flyin all over the place.

Exentenzed
06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Well its far from the only example. Try flying jets in Just Cause 2 on Xbox, usually it dosent render before fly over it atleast once. Which also makes every SAM site and AA lock on and fire their missiles before you even get to do any damage. xD

while im writing here, it seems to be a common thing about this generations consoles and the newest open world games. :P

Ilyich Valken
06-01-2011, 07:48 PM
It's more than likely just the devs being lazy over a problem on the hardware's end, to be honest. It's pathetic.

EpsilonX
06-01-2011, 08:22 PM
tbh I hope new consoles don't come out for a while...i'm just getting used to ps3 and 360 as the norm. I used to think of them as sort of like...idk the word. like a ps3 game is like epic, ps2 and below are regular games.

Exentenzed
06-01-2011, 09:29 PM
It's more than likely just the devs being lazy over a problem on the hardware's end, to be honest. It's pathetic.

I'm not so sure :/ Tell me, does L.A. Noire run on a new graphics engine? Or is it an upgraded/modified version of the one they used for RDR and GTA4? Because if it is the latter, then they should have managed to rack up enough experience with said graphics engine to make a significant performance boost.

tbh I hope new consoles don't come out for a while...i'm just getting used to ps3 and 360 as the norm. I used to think of them as sort of like...idk the word. like a ps3 game is like epic, ps2 and below are regular games.

Heah, yea i know what you mean. :P

Synge
06-02-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm not so sure I'll even buy a console next gen. I'm a big fan of several of Sony's fist party titles but what little time I have to game is spent with PC these days. Probably only put ~20 hours into my PS3 so far this year :/ Don't regret the purchase though, Demon's Souls alone is enough to justify getting a PS3 :P

Ilyich Valken
06-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm not so sure :/ Tell me, does L.A. Noire run on a new graphics engine? Or is it an upgraded/modified version of the one they used for RDR and GTA4? Because if it is the latter, then they should have managed to rack up enough experience with said graphics engine to make a significant performance boost.

It's a combination between the Havoc Engine and an in-house engine (dealing with the facial/motion capture) and is different than both RDR and GTA 4. But LA Noire looked amazing, so.. Either way, I can guarantee you it's just laziness on the dev's part. That or trying to do something that their engine can't consistently handle.

Exentenzed
06-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Ah, Well then i'll take your word for it then. :)

ROFLBRYCE
06-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Can't see a PS4 until 2015 at LEAST. I remember when the PS3 was released they wanted it to be a 10+ year console, with a 10 year run on the market. I'll try and find other sources that have been out lately, but I've read a few times now that they wanna keep it that way as everything is standing now.

ZXDarknessfalls
06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Yea I remember hearing that the ps3 wanted to have a life span like the ps2. I couldn't see them making a new system yet.

Exentenzed
06-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Well It's still fact that our consoles are having a bit of a problem keeping up with the newest releases even if they are beeing restricted, though it should be mentioned that most devs are doing a good job at porting them.

Also, i hope there WILL be new consoles in 2012/2013, I mean, technology IS still rushing ahead at a decent speed.

Callanrobertson
07-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not so sure I'll even buy a console next gen. I'm a big fan of several of Sony's fist party titles but what little time I have to game is spent with PC these days. Probably only put ~20 hours into my PS3 so far this year :/ Don't regret the purchase though, Demon's Souls alone is enough to justify getting a PS3 :P

I agree with you synge I play my PS3 pretty rarely now I play on my pc. I do think that this year is to soon to bring out a PS4 I do think that the they will give it a long run maybe 2015?

Synge
07-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Can't see a PS4 until 2015 at LEAST. I remember when the PS3 was released they wanted it to be a 10+ year console, with a 10 year run on the market. I'll try and find other sources that have been out lately, but I've read a few times now that they wanna keep it that way as everything is standing now.

They said 10 year life span, like PS2, a new console being released doesn't mean immediate death of the preceded gen.

Like Exe, and for the same reason, I'm hoping we see new Sony and MS consoles soon.

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 05:53 AM
I dont think the Graphics system in the Ps4 could get much better than it already it, I think it will be changed Physically instead of Graphically, because when you think about it, games for Ps3 look real enough already.