PDA

View Full Version : Classics anyone?!

Switchblade
06-19-2011, 07:27 AM
After hearing some golden oldies, I thought I'd see if people would raid there memories and games collections for those classic games you loved playing. It doesn't have to be games like pong or spacewar! Just games that you forgot, but loved.

I remember I dedicated alot of time to Total annihilation, seven kingdoms and Doom :)

Jayhmmz
06-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I used to adore Tie Fighter vs. X-Wing, what a fantastic game. Also, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and Dark Forces... I was pretty much a Star Wars video games addict back then :D

Switchblade
06-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Nice! That actually reminds me of TIE fighter! Loved it! There must be somewhere to download that from surely!? Ran in MS DOS didn't it?

paecmaker
06-19-2011, 09:41 AM
I loved sonic the hedgehog on megadrive, and on pc I loved incoming, rollercoaster tycoon and locomotion.

Jayhmmz
06-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Nice! That actually reminds me of TIE fighter! Loved it! There must be somewhere to download that from surely!? Ran in MS DOS didn't it?

I can't remember... I don't think it actually did, I think it was one of the first big games not to run in DOS, but I can't remember. I just seem to recall not having to faff around to start the game... which tells me it didn't run with DOS, ha!

GamingWeston
06-19-2011, 04:13 PM
I had a driving game called TD 3, if I remember well it was Turbo Diesel 3 but I'm not sure. It was a nice oldschool but 3d driving game where the biggest wow factor was that you could run chicken down and they turned up their toes :D

Switchblade
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Just remembered populous.

Saph
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM
I have many fond childhood memories of games that I absolutely loved! Some are ancient, and some are slightly newer, but only enough to be considered classics in my opinion!

Bomberman
Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire
Carmageddon 1 & 2
GTA I
Sonic The Hedgehog(SEGA)
Super Mario 3D(Nintendo 64)
Golden Eye(Nintendo 64)
Matrix Online(MMORPG)

Those are just the ones I can pull out of the hat at the moment :D

Switchblade
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Golden eye was an amazing game, big heads ftw.

Saph
06-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Lol @ big heads XD Automatic headshot, lol.

Also loved the way the enemy sometimes died, like they stood, went to their knees, and went flat on their face.

Like I loved how I was crouched at a corner, and I hear an enemy behind me, and I turn and hit him square in the face with a silenced gun, and he just stands there for a second before falling lol.

paecmaker
06-19-2011, 06:01 PM
Like I loved how I was crouched at a corner, and I hear an enemy behind me, and I turn and hit him square in the face with a silenced gun, and he just stands there for a second before falling lol.

Its because it was silenced, he didnt hear the shot so he didnt know he was hit until one or two seconds after.

Jayhmmz
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Ridge Racer for the Sega Megadrive <3

Synge
06-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Hmm, here are a few I loved (and still do!)

SMB3 (I never have been able to beat this game..)
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Baldur's Gate
FF: VII
DK Country

ZXDarknessfalls
06-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Hmm, here are a few I loved (and still do!)

SMB3 (I never have been able to beat this game..)
A Link to the Past
Ocarina of Time
Baldur's Gate
FF: VII
DK Country

A few of the same for me.
SMB3 (did beat it due from how much time I played it)
A link to the Past
OoT
Kirby Superstar
SSB

Switchblade
06-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Final fantasy VII was my wake up call. Amazing game and i still love the franchise except was slightly disappointed with FF XIII, the visuals were great, but the path game was sooo ****ing linear it basically completed itself. Ah, gone are the days i once thought 'thats a funny green thing in the sea, lets fight it'
:)

Odins_Beard
06-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Icewindale is certainly worth mentioning...

Delta
06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I'm only 14 but i do know one game tht i played on a website and saw AVGN do a review on it.....Castlevania. I love it, the best game from the NES days, plus i envy u guys who lived in the old times, cuz the music back then was out of this wrld epic.

Ilyich Valken
06-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Actually started playing OoT 3DS today, felt mainly similar to the original game, but with a slight facelift, new sounds, etc.

To name a few:

Genesis-era Sonic
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Link to the Past/Four Swords
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
Halo CE
Banjo Kazooie
DK Country
SMB
Prince of Persia
The Darkness

NeverDeefEated
06-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Feel like Jet Grind Radio and Hydro Thunder have to get a mention.
Didn't really grow up with OoT, but I had it for the gamecube for a little bit- and it seems relevant (what with Ocarina of Time 3D (http://www.g4tv.com/games/3ds/65166/the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-3d/) and all)

polar27
06-22-2011, 02:43 AM
On tha super nintendo original wit a cartridge door
Tha first Mario game that had duck hunter.
I loved playing duck hunter.
Best game ever..

CaptivatingBanana
06-22-2011, 03:35 AM
Golden Axe, Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, StarCraft, WarCraft, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mario: The Lost Levels, Kung Fu, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Final Fantasy 1-9, Pokemon.

I'm only 14 but i do know one game tht i played on a website and saw AVGN do a review on it.....Castlevania. I love it, the best game from the NES days, plus i envy u guys who lived in the old times, cuz the music back then was out of this wrld epic.

Yo I got a NES if you wanna buy it off me I remember you posted somewhere you wanted one.

Delta
06-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Yo I got a NES if you wanna buy it off me I remember you posted somewhere you wanted one.

Yes plz for how much?

Mordry
06-22-2011, 02:49 PM
After hearing some golden oldies, I thought I'd see if people would raid there memories and games collections for those classic games you loved playing. It doesn't have to be games like pong or spacewar! Just games that you forgot, but loved.

I remember I dedicated alot of time to Total annihilation, seven kingdoms and Doom :)

The Legend of Zelda for example or Freelancer, Star Wars Jedi Academy, Thief, Gothic, Battle Realms and a lot more.

And just for you I add: Banjo Kazooie, Mario (still awesome), Kirby and a lot more. ;)

Jayhmmz
06-22-2011, 02:57 PM
And just for you I add: Banjo Kazooie, Mario (still awesome), Kirby and a lot more. ;)

Kirby, what a fantastic game! So many hours played on the original, on my GameBoy :D

gn0me
06-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Benefactor, Cannon Fodder :-)

Jayhmmz
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Ghostbusters on the Spectrum!

chibimel
06-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Diablo I & Ii <3 >.<

Switchblade
06-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Metal gear solid. Bosses were amazing, especially Psycho Mantis. Brilliant character and such an immersive game back in the time. Was debating on buying that or KKND Krossfire.