PDA

View Full Version : Reset CoD4 online profile

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
I randomly joined a hacked game of CoD4 yesterday where it gave me all guns, cammos, and challenges, but I lost connection before it completed everything. Now I have all the guns, but i cant get challenges done on them. For a level 16 this is a big problem. I can no longer get any cammos or attachments for guns. Is anybody aware of a way that I can reset my CoD4 online profile so that I can actually earn my stuff? Keep in mind that this was unintentional and I was not purposefully trying to cheat my way through.

Exentenzed
06-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Yeesh, that sounds horribly annoying. O.o

On what platform are you playing CoD 4?

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Im playing on the PS3

Exentenzed
06-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Hmm okey.

I think all Rank/stats/unlocks are server based but for the heck of it, try deleting your CoD 4 save folder on the PS.

If that dosent work then i would suggest trying to sign in with another profile, launch the game, go back out and relog to your own profile and go into CoD again to check if the servers notices the unearned weapons and resets your profile.

The most effective way i imagine would be to send in a request to Activision/PS3 Customer service to see if they know how to help you in this matter.
We're still only midweek so i suppose you could get it resolved by tomorrow with any luck.

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Ive already tried the first two, but i havent sent in a request to Activision yet. Thanks, that will probably be the best solution.

StanTheMan
06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Contacted Sony, but they said that i'll have to ask Activision because they control the server. Either by the end of the day, or the end of Monday, ill have a response from them and be able to play CoD4 again.

Exentenzed
06-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Please tell us how it goes, im sort of curious as to how effective Activision customer support are these days.

StanTheMan
06-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Activision responded Friday around 7, they said that the servers are controlled by a third party, so they can't reset it. But thankfully i just realized, if I just prestige, that will reset everything. Thus, my problem is solved and nothing has to be reset. Wish I had thought of that before deleting my campaign, which I completed on veteran.

Exentenzed
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
If you prestige? What is that exactly? And how long will it take? :P

StanTheMan
06-25-2011, 01:29 PM
prestige is when you reach level 55 in CoD4, and then you basically reset all your progress, but also get an extra create-a-class. This will take me maybe 2 days since im currently at level 42. probably not only 1 if i play it more avidly.