PDA

View Full Version : 360, Yes or No?

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Hopefully this doesn't start a flame war, but here it goes. I've been debating on getting the new Xbox 360 GB. Currently I own the Sony PS3, but the constant hacking is making me start to lean towards an Xbox more and more. Should I keep the PS3 and get an Xbox too, sell the PS3 and get an Xbox, or just not get an Xbox at all? A list of pro's/con's would be helpful and appreciated greatly too.

LiNuX
06-22-2011, 08:53 PM
If you have the money for it, then just keep the PS3 and get the 360, no harm in that, you have a variety there. But if you need the extra moolah to afford the 360, then you should look at what exclusive games the box has that you would be interested in and compare them to your interests in the PS3 exclusives.

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Do you know if the new box's are having the same over heating problem as the old ones? My main concern is that Microsoft rushed them out without thoroughly looking them over in efforts to make a quick buck. While the money isnt an issue, it would be nice to not have it wasted.

Jokersvirus
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
The heating problem was with generation 1 360 they fixed it up and gave the extended warranty for 3 years. Its not more heating problems as far as I know ive had my xbox for about.... 4 years before it crapped out, cant really remember its when MW2 launched when my xbox when it didnt want to work.

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Okay, thanks for the help. I'll defiantly look into it more. Is live gold still around $5?

Exentenzed
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Okay, thanks for the help. I'll defiantly look into it more. Is live gold still around $5?

I think so yea. :P

I havent checked my credit card billing lately but im pretty sure its still around 5$ somewhere

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
It's 59.99 for 12-months, so its about $5. All of this seems really reasonable and worth the money. Normally when I ask this question so many people starting saying random and irrelevant stuff its impossible to find the useful information.

Exentenzed
06-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Heh, yea i know what you mean.

There is a reason i stayed here after the few initial posts.
While some here are what you can call "Fanboys" when it comes to different consoles they can also keep a civil and rational conversation going about it. :)

StanTheMan
06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Ive never realized this before, but how many Halo's are there and which one would be the best one for someone new to the series?

HamadaLFC8
06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
ZOMG GET XBOX! PS3 SUCKS!!!! hahaha I'm just kidding :p

I personally own XBox and have never had a problem with it, apart from the Red ring of death :o but that was with the old xbox. The new ones are pretty good as Joker already said.

Halo's ... there are about 5 I think ?

Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo ODST < don't get that :p
Halo Reach
Halo Wars < Don't get that either

If you were to get one now, get Reach. It's the newest, has a good story and there are still more than enough players online. They're making a new one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yMKMENdg

Release is still TBA

Saph
06-23-2011, 05:14 AM
I've had an Xbox 360 gen 1 for 2 weeks and it overheated and went Rod

I've now had my new 360 for about 4-5 years or so, and it still runs like it was new. It even stood completely unused for 2 of said years, and then went from NO USE AT ALL, to HOURS OF USE EVERY DAY! And it hasn't complained once.

I've had 4 PS2s......4.....and after the 4th one just got ****ed one day without warning I said "screw this I'm getting an Xbox", today I regret nothing, and I have zero interest in giving PS3 a shot, Sony lost me many years ago.

Kenoi
06-23-2011, 09:25 AM
do it. cause I've done this:
got the 360 & kept the ps3. I'm just a universal console person. no fan-boy type of deal ya know?
and I kinda realized the 360 got interesting titles. -- the same with the ps3, but I wanted a change... don't know if change is good for you, yeah, you should look into it.

chibimel
06-23-2011, 01:40 PM
there is an undeniably bigger selection of games for the 360. and where PS3 USED to say they have better graphics & blueray, i think xbox has made up for it.. besides there are move DVD too. it's kind of a no brainer :P xbox is better <3

StanTheMan
06-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded, after reading all of the replies there isnt a reason for me to not get an Xbox. Hopefully it will be a warm welcome after the crap that Sony has put me through.

HamadaLFC8
06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Thanks to everyone who responded, after reading all of the replies there isnt a reason for me to not get an Xbox. Hopefully it will be a warm welcome after the crap that Sony has put me through.

Once you get it, make sure you add us to your friends list! ;D (if you get XBL)

Exentenzed
06-24-2011, 08:58 AM

Yeees! Joiiiin uuuuuussssss! :P

paecmaker
06-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I've had an Xbox 360 gen 1 for 2 weeks and it overheated and went Rod

I've now had my new 360 for about 4-5 years or so, and it still runs like it was new. It even stood completely unused for 2 of said years, and then went from NO USE AT ALL, to HOURS OF USE EVERY DAY! And it hasn't complained once.

I've had 4 PS2s......4.....and after the 4th one just got ****ed one day without warning I said "screw this I'm getting an Xbox", today I regret nothing, and I have zero interest in giving PS3 a shot, Sony lost me many years ago.

lol, I still use my Xbox 360 gen 1. I havent got RROD but got some other fault after about 3 years of use and turned it in, thankfully just a few days before the guarantee dropped. (and yes they fixed the parts that have RROD problems too)

DarkSideDK
06-24-2011, 05:07 PM
I've had the PS3 for 4 years now, and I've really enjoyed it. But I just recently bought the Xbox 360, and I gotta tell you, I enjoy the online community way more on Xbox Live than on Playstation Network.
But I would definetly keep the PS3 too if I where you, cause there are gonna be some pretty awesome exclusives for both consoles this year.

Exentenzed
06-24-2011, 10:47 PM
lol, I still use my Xbox 360 gen 1. I havent got RROD but got some other fault after about 3 years of use and turned it in, thankfully just a few days before the guarantee dropped. (and yes they fixed the parts that have RROD problems too)

Had my Xbox 360 Gen 1 for about 2 and a half years now without ANY problems what so ever. :)

Djdoubt03
06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Get a 360...they don't get get hacked like sony.

Steavz
06-25-2011, 12:27 AM
I try to support Microsoft as little as possible - just on principle.

StanTheMan
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Do the 4GB xbox's have a place for a hard drive? I found a 250GB hard drive for $50, free shipping, and brand new on Ebay.

Ilyich Valken
06-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Yeah. It's in the same spot as a 250GB version would be. It's easily removable.

Meggie
06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
in a dilemma?

StanTheMan
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
in a dilemma?

Ya, im deciding on whether or not to buy an xbox 360.

Psychotray
07-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Definitely get an Xbox 360, its epic.
I got the Red Ring of death, but I took the power cord out and stuck it back in.
And It was fixed, at least, it worked for me. But you really have nothing to worry about because they have overcome that problem on the Xbox GB. So I wouldn't be to worried about it.

StanTheMan
07-09-2011, 06:09 PM
I just ordered new Xbox 360 4GB, a new 250GB hard drive, and a new Halo 3 all for only $260ish. It'll be here supposedly mid-next week.