PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Sub-Forums

GF Eric
09-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok here is an idea for a game of some sort like an RPG or Online Game with a sub forum dedicated just for it so that people who like that game can post in any given topic on the subject.

:D

Further Explanation:
Ok so if the Halo Fever hits the Gamers Forum and we have a lot of users posting all about Halo, Gamers Staff can move all the topics into a new sub forum just for Halo with topics like:

Halo 1
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Ideas
Halo Clans

So on and so forth. So that way we have users who are in tune can post there without any flooding of the rest of the forum with Halo Fever or something else.

LiNuX
09-18-2007, 04:32 PM
i actually did that with counter strike - the thing is, there arent really enough topics for any other specific games to make a separate boards for themselves, of course if there are a ton of Halo posts and etc. I will definitely make a separate sub forum for it and move all the previous halo threads in there

just need more topics and discussions about certain and specific games to do that - otherwise boards will look very empty dont you think?

Jasperking
09-18-2007, 04:48 PM
for some reason i also think that would be a bad idea because i have seen it on other forums and they have not worked too well

LiNuX
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
for some reason i also think that would be a bad idea because i have seen it on other forums and they have not worked too well

i saw that in more than a few forums - they just focus on certain games and don't really address the whole "gaming" part - we do it based on genre here and it seems to work - i will give inner sub forums to certain games if there are enough interest

GF Eric
09-18-2007, 04:53 PM
If you try it with Runescape, it would work out fine once you get a lot of Runescape players on here. I can possibly help out with that.

Scott
09-18-2007, 04:54 PM
The only way it'd work is if most of the members on here had 360's and were absolutly mad about Halo 3.

LiNuX
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
The only way it'd work is if most of the members on here had 360's and were absolutly mad about Halo 3.

yea that could be possible lol - there are already a few halo threads here but i dont think there is enough to start something

If you try it with Runescape, it would work out fine once you get a lot of Runescape players on here. I can possibly help out with that.

we do have a few runescape players here but tell me if you can find a lot of threads about it lol, i dont even remember a runescape thread here :mask:

Jasperking
09-18-2007, 05:01 PM
if a runescape thread starts on here... you will see many people going on rampages :p

GF Eric
09-18-2007, 07:37 PM
True but remember its just an idea that I am throwing out there.

LiNuX
09-18-2007, 10:03 PM
thanks for ideas and suggestions, we do take everything into consideration and implement those that'll benefit the forum

Metallica1983
10-16-2007, 08:01 PM
ive never seen a runescape thread on any forum ive been to

LiNuX
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
there is one now lol, where GF Eric is setting up the usernames with the people on here that play runescape