PDA

View Full Version : xbox journey (games)

Kenoi
07-03-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah, I finally got one as of June 25th this year...
but the sad thing is... I only got 3 games

FFXIII
CoD Black Ops
Blazblue: Continuum Shift (YES I GOT IT BACK! HAHA[used to have for ps3])

so.. these are the only ones I got... My friend told me to wait until this fall (2011) for the good games, but... I dont know whats coming out soon. some GOOD games you know? Not just somethin you beat & just leave it to collect dust.

So please, no flaming, rude behavior, none of that. I'm just asking what are some good games for the 360, now that I'm a NEW owner. I own both the ps3/360. I'm just a universal console person, hopefully I'll get into PC gaming too...

ROFLBRYCE
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Well there's 2 good games, drop CoD dude :P

Amazing games with tons of fun that I love to play over and over again are:

Tales of Vesperia, Halo: 3, Dragon Age: Origins, Forza 3 (Wait for 4 in the fall though ;) ), and RockBand. Not a massive list, but these games can last me forever.

Kenoi
07-05-2011, 11:51 AM
wish I can drop CoD man, but it was given to me as a free gift... from one of my friends who ended up 'rage quitting' haha. so I can't get rid of that... I just don't play with the game much. just let it sit there & collect dust I guess, or play it whenever I'm bored...

I'm not that great at rhythm games, but for sure I'll try out some that you listed.

Samus-Fan
07-05-2011, 12:34 PM
Halo Reach is better than Halo 3 in my opinion, but I know a lot of people who prefer Halo 3.
Left 4 Dead 2 still has a good amount of players on Xbox.
If you like RPGs, Fallout 3 and Oblivion are good. Skyrim comes out in November. I love FFXIII, so I hope you enjoy that.
Monday Night Combat (A Downloadable game for I like 10 or 15$) is fun. It's a fast action game, kinda like TF2.
Portal 2 was good on Xbox. Might not have a huge lifespan for everyone though.
Mortal Kombat 9 (The new one) is amazing and I'll love it forever, just like the old ones from the Sega. Might wanna give it a try.
Bioshock and Bioshock 2 are great and my favorite single player FPS. Play them in order though if you do play them.

ROFLBRYCE
07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
wish I can drop CoD man, but it was given to me as a free gift... from one of my friends who ended up 'rage quitting' haha. so I can't get rid of that... I just don't play with the game much. just let it sit there & collect dust I guess, or play it whenever I'm bored...

I'm not that great at rhythm games, but for sure I'll try out some that you listed.

Ahhhh fair enough. Well I'm playing more CoD anyways from boredom of Reach...not fun to play that one alone lol. Add me if you'd like to, and we'll play a few games some time.

Kenoi
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
So I borrowed Reach from a friend and ...it looks cool! but what about ODST? is that a good one?
and yeah... I see why my friend got rid of reach, many people like to .... camp & just have decoys & people kill you from a corner... a lot of little kids like to play this game and its annoying... but what can you do? also many snipe kills. (sigh). I don't know if I want to keep up with this game anymore... thats how I am with most shooters. rage quit dont apply to me, its just that I got other stuff to do than get better at some game I suck at ya know??? but hey, at least I TRIED. hahah

EpsilonX
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Samus loves it, but in all honesty, you probably won't enjoy FFXIII. it's got amazing graphics but the gameplay is really boring. here's a map of the first level:

http://www.notcliche.com/lbw/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/500x_straightmap.jpg

the entire game is like that, except the paths are a bit curvier. just a path that you can't deviate from with battles and cutscenes along the way.

for xbox...hmm...

mass effect? dragon age was good too

Kenoi
07-18-2011, 07:45 PM
man, I enjoyed mass effect, but then it got old immediately after I beat the game ya know? it just dont have that 'replayability' to me... I gotta ask my friend to borrow the 2nd one. but yeah I finished the 1st one.
dragon age, I tried it out, & didn't like it cause.... YOU CANT BLOCK IN THE GAME! I KEPT DYING! hahahaha! (sorry to be a critic man, I see you tryin to help me out though, appreciate it greatly!)

and as for FFXIII, my friend gave it to me... cause... (well you guessed it) the maps are in a MAJOR LINE. hahahah!

EpsilonX
07-18-2011, 07:48 PM
well, think of dragon age as more like a turn based game where you can move the character. thats how I think of it. you can't really block in turn based games.

Kenoi
07-18-2011, 07:50 PM
well I thought of it as a action adventure... THATS WHY. haha.

EpsilonX
07-18-2011, 07:53 PM
haha yea. it's like final fantasy 12 basically, except the battle system works better in DAO imo. and i didn't find dragon age replayable at all so i'm not surprised that mass effect isnt that replayable.

oh, also, dead or alive extreme beach volleyball 2. best game evrar

Kenoi
07-18-2011, 09:26 PM
hahaha! yeah I was about to say somethin like that, reason why I got a 360 is cause of that game & CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE! NOOO!
I still have the 1st one on the OLD xbox... got most of the swimsuits for the girls... hehehe

but DOA4! oh man, its hard to find too! all the good games that released when 360 came out, they're hard to find... cause maybe they're rare??? know any other good ones man?