PDA

View Full Version : play by the hour(s)

Kenoi
07-07-2011, 07:40 PM
sorry for the title, I didn't know what to say... but the question is....

how many hours do you play on the ps3? [this is strictly ps related, which is why I posted it here]

I play for about almost 3 hours... maybe less. I have the fat 60gb model. and.... within that time frame, it already overheats... could there be something wrong? :embarrassed:
or its just like that? I'm also thinking about switching to the newer models... with a higher capacity... (knowing that I got a lot of game saves, music, & movies on there... I have about 2gb left of storage)

so yes, I think its 2 questions in 1... but I'm just asking for help... no flaming please. & thanks in advance.

Muffincat
07-07-2011, 10:06 PM
I have the slim version and have played marathons day and night with dili on it and never had any trouble with it, but I'm not sure about your model.

Have definitely played through the entire night on mine without any issue before, though.

Kenoi
07-07-2011, 10:51 PM
you don't remember how many hours? but its all good... I understand... cause you have the SLIM model... thats the one I like.

I'm stuck with the FAT one... only difference is that it has that 'touch' capability & an off switch in the back. the slim don't got that... haha.

but yeah, mine's just overheating.... & my warranty expired...

Muffincat
07-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Well, literally through the whole night... so 8 hours+ at least xD

Synge
07-08-2011, 01:16 AM
Hmm, weekly my PS3 gets about 3 hours if that :/ That'll change when UC3 and Dark Souls are released though.

I'm stuck with the FAT one... only difference is that it has that 'touch' capability & an off switch in the back. the slim don't got that... haha.

PS2 Backwards compatibility too. The slims aren't PS2 BC unfortunately.

ROFLBRYCE
07-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Me and the girlfriend had a marathon when we were sick. Final Fantasy 13 for 5 days, at like 6-14 hours a day o.O

She's had the 60GB since like first month of launch, and I know she's done many marathons on it before of 8+ hours straight for days. We also leave it running overnight for downloads or if we pause in a boss fight or something, and there's no problems.

Callanrobertson
07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
I play on my ps3 for maybe 3 hours's a day and I't works fine:-/
By the way i have the 60 GB version

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 04:26 AM
I play it about 1 hour per day, Not as much as I used to. I used to play for 9hours per day. Maybe even longer. But now, Im sorta over Ps and Im using my computer a lot more for games.