PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft suggestion's

Callanrobertson
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
What's your idea's for the future of minecraft because maybe notch will look at our forum and use our suggestion's and use them In minecraft. :p

Muffincat
07-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Probably better off posting them in the Minecraft subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraft), since he actually posts in there :P

Diligence109
07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Notch visits the Minecraft subreddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraft) and many suggestions for the game have been made there that have been implemented before. Beyond that, Notch usually codes in select mods that become very popular if he feels they are in step with his vision of the game.

I'm not sure, but it's likely that ideas tweeted to him might contribute to his brainstorming for the game, too, as he rabidly tweets about the game with people.

ninja edit: I was ninja'd by Muffincat :(

Callanrobertson
07-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Ok I'll keep that in mind :laugh1:

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 04:07 AM
A suggestion for Minecraft would be, to have a option put in the In-Game menu where you can choose a PVP option which depicts if you can get attacked or not, so you dont get killed while building, that would be really wise, Cause me and my friend XeroTehHero (aka Dean) play and we always get killed while trying to play 2 player online. Well, at least he gets killed hahaa, he never gets the opportunity to completely finish a building without getting killed at least 10 times in the process hahaa :laugh1:

XeroTehHero
07-08-2011, 04:17 AM
^Tiss true.

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Yeah, im getting Minecraft when I can scratch up $20. Then I can play online multiplayer and stuff :D

Diligence109
07-08-2011, 09:49 AM
A suggestion for Minecraft would be, to have a option put in the In-Game menu where you can choose a PVP option which depicts if you can get attacked or not, so you dont get killed while building, that would be really wise, Cause me and my friend XeroTehHero (aka Dean) play and we always get killed while trying to play 2 player online. Well, at least he gets killed hahaa, he never gets the opportunity to completely finish a building without getting killed at least 10 times in the process hahaa :laugh1:

This feature already exists in the game.

in Single player you can set your difficulty to Peaceful, which will hostile mobs from spawning. On multipler servers you can define wether or not hostile mobs spawn in the server properties.

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 10:03 AM
This feature already exists in the game.

in Single player you can set your difficulty to Peaceful, which will hostile mobs from spawning. On multipler servers you can define wether or not hostile mobs spawn in the server properties.

Oh hahaa, my bad :laugh1:
I haven't played multiplayer on Minecraft Beta :p

Muffincat
07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Obviously you have to join a server without monsters for you to not have them, as you can't make it peaceful for some people and not for others :P

But you can find peaceful multi-player servers.

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
Obviously you have to join a server without monsters for you to not have them, as you can't make it peaceful for some people and not for others :P

But you can find peaceful multi-player servers.

True true, Creepers are the worst. They blow everything up, so you can stop it really ahaha :p

TigerBearPig
07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
i wish there were villages in minecraft by default. Even though there is the millionaire mod. Also, it would be awesome if we could make underwater masks which would go on the helmet part of the armor thingy and it would grant us more air and we can attach a torch thing to the underwater helmet which would light up the water. :P

Saph
07-11-2011, 09:09 AM
A peace mode. Man I'd love to just switch a button on and poof all monsters are gone, and you can build in the evening with no fear.

Maybe even an Eternal Daylight/midnight mode, depending on what you're into.

Diligence109
07-11-2011, 10:07 AM
i wish there were villages in minecraft by default. Even though there is the millionaire mod. Also, it would be awesome if we could make underwater masks which would go on the helmet part of the armor thingy and it would grant us more air and we can attach a torch thing to the underwater helmet which would light up the water. :P

NPC Villages are coming in the adventure update! He's also adding things like mob attack animations, sprinting, blocking - he's finally giving exploration and combat overhauls and making them interesting.

Scuba diving would be awesome and should be implemented o: I'd also like to be able to craft obsidian armor that was fire/lava resistant/immune.

A peace mode. Man I'd love to just switch a button on and poof all monsters are gone, and you can build in the evening with no fear.

Maybe even an Eternal Daylight/midnight mode, depending on what you're into.

Read the thread, man - it's been said above that there actually is a Difficulty setting called "Peaceful" in which hostile mobs don't spawn. Since the difficulty is a client side setting, there is a parallel server side setting in the server properties for SMP.

TigerBearPig
07-11-2011, 10:51 AM
OMG YES! NPC finally!! i'm not going to be alone in my big big singleplayer world :D
Do you know when notch will add adventure mode? I thought it would be in version 1.7 but itz already 1.7.3

Diligence109
07-11-2011, 01:18 PM
the adventure update was going to be in 1.7 but was pushed back because he wanted to add pistons and it was a smaller project than the adventure update.

Right now, 1.8 is the planned adventure update :)

Synge
07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
^ And it'll probably be a while.

I want these ****ers fixed (again):

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg71/lewisglewis/fgfg.png

They're ruining my beautiful landscape with their ugliness and mindless flailing.

TigerBearPig
07-12-2011, 07:26 AM
lol...wtf? that never happens to me

Psychotray
07-12-2011, 07:38 AM
TigerBearPig: Yeah, im making you one now.

Synge: It may be a server loading problem, the same thing happened with Me and Xero when we made a server, it didn't load, and it had copious amounts of lag, and Minecraft will probably fix that somehow. And also, is that your server?

Synge
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
TigerBearPig: Yeah, im making you one now.

Synge: It may be a server loading problem, the same thing happened with Me and Xero when we made a server, it didn't load, and it had copious amounts of lag, and Minecraft will probably fix that somehow. And also, is that your server?

That's my single player world. Notch change the spawn requirements of squid so they'll pop up in little puddles, waterfalls (apparently), pretty much everywhere.. -.-

Muffincat
07-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's not a loading problem. Squids are a lot more abundant now XD

I like them, personally :3

TigerBearPig
07-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Squids.. MUCH OF USELESS ****ERS! THEY SHOULD DROP SQUID SNACKS! I WANT SQUID SNACKS!
*FLIPS OVER TABLES IN ANGER: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻