PDA

View Full Version : Texas GameStop Manager Only Sells to Good Students

Scott
09-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Link (http://news.filefront.com/texas-gamestop-manager-only-sells-to-good-students/)

Texas GameStop Manager Only Sells to Good Students

If you want to buy games from a certain GameStop in Texas, you?d better make sure your grades are in check, first.

A GameStop manager in southern Dallas, Texas is requiring children who come to the store to purchase games to have their parents confirm that they are getting good grades. And not only that, but the kids have to mind their manners, too.

?They know when they come in here, they do not curse, they do not use the N-word, pull your clothes up,? Brandon Scott, the GameStop manager, said in a recent article by WFAA-TV. ?I?m probably going to get in trouble for this, but to me it?s worth it, because the kids understand that somebody cares.?

Some students might think this is a bit harsh, but he?s all about the giving, too.

?If you give me straight As with your teachers signature, endorsing it and your parent up here, I?ll buy you a brand new game,? Scott said in the article.

It will be interesting to see if anyone higher up in the GameStop chain of command will take any action. Retailers do have the right to refuse service to anyone, but I?m not sure if any retailers have come up with anything like this before.

The GameStop in question is located along the I-20 in Texas, though no specific information was given in the article.

Thats a really good idea. Hopefully he won't get in trouble for it