PDA

View Full Version : Review Electric Sheep

Saph
07-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Hello fellow gamers and wonderful review readers!!!

You all probably wonder what this is all about, and what its about, is the exact opposite of what we're here to talk about. You all probably play some, or maybe even all of your games on the computer, and it's always amazing to have a good and pretty game to play, but what is there in between? What awesomeness goes on on your PC when you're NOT using it, but it's still on to be ready?

Amazing desktop pic?
Good screensaver?

Well I have a treat for you, man, cause I'm about to show you how to make your PC permanently epic win, and not just some of the time! A chance to show off what your amazing $1000(we all wish right? lol)GPU can do, on, and off video games!

The software to do this with, is the most sophisticated, intelligent, and most well respected screensaver in the world! It's popularity is due to a CRUCIAL part of any screensaver...it's UNIQUENESS, and I have a screensaver software that'll give you the most fantastic screensaver available for free at this point of time in the entire world!

I'm talking about:

http://panelborders.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/sub_logo_web.jpg?w=480&h=270

Electric Sheep is, in every aspect, a living, breathing cyborg! It requires you to have constant, uninterrupted internet connection, and in return, you will be constantly connected to a server connected to over 650.000(more close to 1 million I've heard so far)computers world wide, each putting a few percents of its brain power into helping a huge collective to figure out these amazing shapes and textures! The people create the shapes and textures, and the brain of the entire software then puts it together, to even automatically fit the music you play on ANY universally licensed music software, such as Itunes or windows media player! I've quicktime works too.

You don't HAVE to download anything but the software itself, and it will progressively download itself to your computer(you can pick how much space you wanna dedicate to the screensaver, from 1mb, to unlimited amounts.I have mine set to unlimited). Right now I have over 5GB dedicated to Electric Sheep, and it is, to say the least, simply astonishing! This is proof of just how far A.I has come, as, and remember! This thing is entirely controlled by an intelligence consisting of close to 1 million computers all working like a single brain!

Imagine each computer being a VERY powerful braincell, now connect them all...and what do you have? Right now, the most artistically intelligent cyborg human made machine in the world, sitting and creating astonishing imagery right infront of your eyes!

http://at-the-edge-of-art.com/out_of_the_hothouse/media/electricsheep2.jpg

A movie to visualize my amazement!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkYcJdXyOrg

Personal experience score:

9.8/10

Simply astonishing screensaver! My search is over, I shall never again look for another screensaver, as this one will remain unique for me even if I left it playing nonestop untill I was 80 years old! And every second I get live creations from the collective intelligence!

That all sounds fine, BUT, is it SAFE!?

A righteous question, and a risk worth being worried about! However, I can assure you that this software is entirely safe! Not only do they have license after license easily accessible on their website confirming their safety(You see you PERSONALLY allow your computer to 'meet' others IN the server, ergo, there's no 3 link bridge from your computer, to the server, to another computer, it doesn't ever happen. YOU have connection to the SERVER, but another COMPUTER can therefor NOT connect to YOUR directly. IF someone should put a virus into it, it'll not only be useless, it'll also be removed instantly. Even Linux has given them a license of security, and countless safety websites, Norton included, considers them safe.
If you don't take my word for it, do research, cause believe me, this exact question was my first question when I heard about it. I did some research, felt safe, downloaded it, made 4 virus scans since I downloaded it a few hours ago. NOTHING, not even simple malware. So trust me, it is safe, and if you DONT trust me, check for yourself :)

Link to Downloading Electric Sheep (http://community.electricsheep.org/download)

LiNuX
07-12-2011, 06:37 PM
That's pretty interesting. It's like the computers' dream.

paecmaker
07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
wow, must be the screensaver that most people have worked on ever,( is it only a screensaver or are there also other purposes?)

Saph
07-13-2011, 06:04 PM
You can also contribute to the 'gene pool' by creating your own sheep :)

Callanrobertson
07-19-2011, 03:04 AM
That's awesome my computer is way better now :shocked: