PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a free to play mmorpg

Dylan452-Team .Rev
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hey all, im just wondering were i can play a good, well decent, free to play mmorpg.

EpsilonX
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
well, the common choices are Runescape and Maple Story. There's also LoL but thats not really an MMO. idk if they still are populated and/or free, but there's FlyFF and something like...idr what its called, silk road?

I think there's a free MMO topic on this board, but its probably outdated as can be

maybe this site will help? Free MMORPG List - Free MMORPG Online - mmorpg games - Free To Play Games (http://www.freemmorpglist.com/)

Dylan452-Team .Rev
07-12-2011, 10:05 PM
thank you, i am currently playing Talisman online, it isnt too bad right now, but i just started

TigerBearPig
07-12-2011, 11:59 PM
You should try League of Legends :D Although, it's not an MMORPG..i have no idea wtf it is but it's fun! :P

Saph
07-13-2011, 06:34 AM
In LoL You're a powerful summoner capable of summoning and controlling powerful champions to fight in an arena to settle political disputes, rather than with war?

How is LoL NOT an MMORPG?

TigerBearPig
07-13-2011, 09:11 AM
It's a Massive Online Battle Arena (MOBA). it's prob cuz league of legends only has two maps..and mmorpgs have an entire world to explore and **** on...

Jayhmmz
07-13-2011, 11:40 AM
idr what its called, silk road?

Correct! Silk Road was a fantastic free to play MMO, and it gave me many hours of enjoyment when I needed to fill the gap in a day! Whether it is still active or even online still, I have no idea.

Shixx
07-13-2011, 11:55 AM
There's some new ones popping up whether they're good or not I don't know.

Prius online
Alganon is now F2P
I've heard a lot of good things about Perfect World.

There's so many F2P MMORPG's now it's hard to give you just a list, going out and finding one that interests you is your best bet.

Jayhmmz
07-13-2011, 12:04 PM
There's also a few on Steam as well, which are a free download. I'm sure one of them is called Forsaken World, and it's meant to be pretty good! I remember looking at a few screenshots, and it reminded me a lot of Guild Wars... but obviously Forsaken World is strictly an MMO.

Muffincat
07-13-2011, 02:32 PM
It's a Massive Online Battle Arena (MOBA). it's prob cuz league of legends only has two maps..and mmorpgs have an entire world to explore and **** on...

It's more than that, but it's definitely not an MMORPG. It has elements of it, but it's a team-based strategy game. MMORPGs are usually very light on the strategy (not saying there isn't any) - it's not the primary focus of the game.

It has a lot more in common with Starcraft than WoW, for instance.

Synge
07-13-2011, 03:35 PM
I played Runes of Magic for a while, I'd say it's the best F2P MMORPG out there.

Also, I've heard Forsaken World is good, as Jay pointed out.

Jayhmmz
07-13-2011, 03:46 PM
It has a lot more in common with Starcraft than WoW, for instance.

I'd agree with that! I've been trying to pin it to a game to compare it to, and you've just hit the nail on the head; well done! :)

Muffincat
07-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I'd agree with that! I've been trying to pin it to a game to compare it to, and you've just hit the nail on the head; well done! :)

Glad to help :P

As far as free to play MMORPGS, I used to play Mabinogi for a long time. It's one of the better ones I've found, but I've grown tired of it and doubt I will ever go back. I had a lot of fun, though I had friends/a boyfriend who played it with me and that may have extended its life for me.

foof
07-14-2011, 12:04 AM
I played Runes of Magic for a while, I'd say it's the best F2P MMORPG out there.

This.

Also, Gaia. :#

DM613
07-14-2011, 10:15 PM
able-bodied, the accepted choices are Runescape and Maple adventure. There's aswell LoL but thats not absolutely an MMO. idk if they still are busy and/or chargeless, but there's FlyFF and something like...idr what its alleged, cottony alley?

Jayhmmz
07-15-2011, 07:28 AM
i downloaded Forsaken World last night from Steam. now the Steam summer sale is over i can finally get 5MB/s from them again! it's ok so far. the game is clearly influenced by World of Warcraft and Guild Wars, but i can see it getting boring after like two weeks, tops.

it's free to download and free to play so no real complaints, but the game doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel or anything when it comes to MMO games, but to be fair, i didn't really expect it to do so.

Wingwing
07-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I am looking forward to play Scarlet Legacy. The CBT starts on August 4th. I think it has a lot of potential!

EpsilonX
07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I'd agree with that! I've been trying to pin it to a game to compare it to, and you've just hit the nail on the head; well done!

Considering LoL is based off DotA, which is a Warcraft 3 mod or something, it makes sense that it has more in common with starcraft lol

Synge
07-16-2011, 03:05 AM
This.

Do you still play? I'm curious how it's doing these days, it's been a while since I last logged in.

foof
07-16-2011, 03:13 AM
Do you still play? I'm curious how it's doing these days, it's been a while since I last logged in.

Played it for like a month, then school started. Haven't touched it since. It's really good for a free to play though

Synge
07-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Played it for like a month, then school started. Haven't touched it since. It's really good for a free to play though

Ahh. Yeah it is, I doubt I'll give it another go though, GW2 will just steal me away when it comes out anyway.

buizel4194
07-29-2011, 07:48 AM
silkroad!!!

wolfz18
08-08-2011, 03:37 PM
This is the best site for free mmo mmohuts . com. They also have video reviews. From my exp try WoW starter edition or just buit. Others disappointed me. I also heard Global Agenda is cool. It has good mark on IGN.

Age of Conan is also free but with some stuff disabled.

jaseleung
08-10-2011, 03:58 AM
Should tru UO Online

XXNexusXX141
08-10-2011, 06:22 AM
World of Warcraft.