PDA

View Full Version : Cod going down hill?

Callanrobertson
07-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Do you think that Battlefield 3 will overtake Cod because i think that Cod is going down hill i mean there just making more sequels to there game modern warfare 3 What's next black ops 2 WaW 3 i think that Cod is going down hill and it will die like final fantasy has :shocked:

egg-whites333
07-16-2011, 11:10 PM
i dont think so but im a hardcore cod fan

EpsilonX
07-16-2011, 11:17 PM
I think people are starting to get sick of CoD, tbh. People I know that loved the series are starting to have a negative opinion towards it, mostly because all the games have been the same since 4.

somebody new needs to come along and take the crown

egg-whites333
07-16-2011, 11:53 PM
couldent argree more but i still love call of duty lets hope mw3s difrent

Synge
07-17-2011, 12:13 AM
The quality has been going down for a while, but I'll be shocked if they take a major sales hit, even with BF3 coming out. In fact, I doubt they take a hit at all.

Alpha_Mongoose
07-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Do you think that Battlefield 3 will overtake Cod because i think that Cod is going down hill i mean there just making more sequels to there game modern warfare 3 What's next black ops 2 WaW 2 i think that Cod is going down hill and it will die like final fantasy has :shocked:

Dude Black Ops IS the sequel to WaW -.-

EpsilonX
07-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Do you think that Battlefield 3 will overtake Cod because i think that Cod is going down hill i mean there just making more sequels to there game modern warfare 3 What's next black ops 2 WaW 2 i think that Cod is going down hill and it will die like final fantasy has :shocked:

The games in the main series (FF) aren't as good anymore but still sell a lot, and there are still good games coming out for it. hopefully versusXIII is good.

BitterKingSkyler
07-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I don't think COD is necessarily going downhill, I just think it's becoming stale. They need to make some major changes instead of these minor ones with every new game....I've always enjoyed COD so I will probably buy MW3 regardless.

Exentenzed
07-17-2011, 01:29 AM
I don't think COD is necessarily going downhill, I just think it's becoming stale. They need to make some major changes instead of these minor ones with every new game....I've always enjoyed COD so I will probably buy MW3 regardless.

This.
I also think CoD have started to become stale. However, in my oppinion BF3 has nothing to do with that, except offer an alternative. Even though they are different types of games.

Jokersvirus
07-17-2011, 06:42 AM
If CoD wants to keep people they need to get vehicles in the games new killstreaks BRAND NEW nothing that has been seen before. but yeah the entire game is a repeat upon itself from the orginal CoD

Jayhmmz
07-17-2011, 07:46 AM
I think almost everyone on this forum is familiar with my views on the latest Call of Duty games, so I won't bore those people reiterating my opinions.

In short, though, I've been a Call of Duty gamer ever since the first one came out back in 2003 for PC; I had it pre-ordered. I loved it, and from then on I have bought every single main title release of CoD for the PC, and I have just seen it get stale, which is sad for a franchise that I once loved dearly.

I've met some of my best friends on the first three titles (CoD, CoD:UO & CoD2), and we see a lot of each other IRL throughout the year, and every time we meet up we always discuss how crappy CoD has become. They haven't made another graphics engine since CoD2 (which is why the game is looking so generic these days), they don't pour any new, significant ideas into the franchise any more, they have made multiplayer far too overkill and noob-friendly which doesn't make it fun at all, and they just keep on regurgitating the same old crap every single year, just to make a profit.

Activision are money grabbing whores, who have no interest in the fans any more, whatsoever; £11 for a map pack? Suck my balls Activision :)

But of course, those are my opinions and my own views.