PDA

View Full Version : How? Photoshop CS5.1

Slay
07-18-2011, 12:11 AM
I am making some text, for the inside I want a certain camo color, what I did was I put the text over a camo texture, now how can I cut out the rest of the extra camo, out of the text?

Samus-Fan
07-18-2011, 12:31 AM
Use the Magic Wand on the text, holding Ctrl while you do it so it selects the inside of the text. Then go up to the bar with File, Edit, Select, ect., and hit Select > Inverse. Then go to your Camo layer, and erase it.

Psychotray
07-18-2011, 12:35 AM
Make sure you Rasterize the layer before doing so too bro.

Slay
07-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I did as you said, it actually worked, but it is lie camo is unpenetrable.
I can't FRUGGGIN erase it. Maybe it is because it is in a diff layer, but, it automaticly puts it a new layer..

Dess
07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
You need to make sure once you select the inverse that you're on the layer you want to erase...

Slay
07-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Okay, I got that covered, now I wan thte text itself to have a texture, of my making.
How can I put a texture just over the text, without having to repaint it, just like overlay it on top, cha know?

Samus-Fan
07-19-2011, 12:52 AM
You could set the layer style to overlay, and then clip mask it to the text, and it should be good if your text is white. Or black, I can't remember off the top of my head.
And what do you mean re-paint it?

Slay
07-19-2011, 12:54 AM
You could set the layer style to overlay, and then clip mask it to the text, and it should be good if your text is white. Or black, I can't remember off the top of my head.
And what do you mean re-paint it?

Like using magic wand on it then panting inside the areas.

Samus-Fan
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
I thought you said you had camo as a separate layer. The way I first described should work, with no need to use a paintbrush