PDA

View Full Version : First glance at the Dark knight rises trailer

Jokersvirus
07-18-2011, 11:09 PM
It was one of the trailers in Harry Potter Pt2. from what i can tell this will end the Dark Knight series yet it is going to be epic, Gordon is dying and he is begging Wayne to bring Batman back. We get about half a second glance at Bane then at Batman fighting Bane.

I am annoyed that Nolan is ending the series. I can see that the "major" enemy of Joker has been dealt with but I dont think he should end it until an Arkham movie is made.

Synge
07-18-2011, 11:46 PM
For those that haven't seen it / were expecting to see it in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMXFloDH6M

Yeah, I don't want this to be the end either, but I'm sure it's going to be amazing. The Dark Knight is one of my favorite films, and Nolan is an awesome director.

egg-whites333
07-18-2011, 11:49 PM
:( :'( i love dark knight this will suck that its over but i cant wait to see it :) hope its as good as it looks

Jokersvirus
07-18-2011, 11:50 PM
i couldnt find the trailer all i got was that crappy fake one. hmm

egg-whites333
07-18-2011, 11:58 PM
i couldnt find the trailer all i got was that crappy fake one. hmm
isnt it on the forum already?

G33kInTh3Pink
07-19-2011, 12:00 AM
AgreedI must agree with you on that

Synge
07-19-2011, 12:01 AM
^ Yeah, I posted it and he was talking to me, saying he couldn't find it, which was the reason for him not posting it. :P

egg-whites333
07-19-2011, 12:11 AM
oh okay i see

BitterKingSkyler
07-19-2011, 05:23 AM
The trailer looked pretty cool I saw it on Attack of the Show today.. I can't wait for the release of the movie! If its anything better than its predecessor then the movie will be amazing.

Ilyich Valken
07-19-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree that it sucks this is the last movie, especially since they plan on remaking it because Bale isn't doing any more movies, and they need a Batman if they're going to do a Justice League movies (even though, you know.. Marvel didn't re-remake the hulk just because Norton isn't doing Banner anymore.)

However, I don't really understand what you mean by an "Arkham" movie..?

Jayhmmz
07-19-2011, 10:39 AM
I think Nolan is too scared of over-doing it, and putting a downer on the Dark Knight movies, if he goes ahead and does more.

EpsilonX
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Even though it's kinda sad that it's ending, Did any of you honestly expect it to become more than a trilogy?

and im a lil disappointed in how bane looks, he looks more like hannibal lector. of course, any of the ways i'd picture bane would be really unrealistic so i guess this works haha

Jokersvirus
08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Here is some new pictures of Bane

Tom Hardy’s Bane Is Scary, Bald in ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Set Photo | The Projector - Yahoo! Movies (http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-projector/tom-hardy-bane-scary-bald-dark-knight-rises-123201546.html)

By the way, that thing on Bane's face? No one involved with the film has said for certain, but it's likely a delivery system for "venom," an enhanced steroid that gives Bane his power. In case you aren't a Batman fanatic, this isn't the first time Hardy's Bane has been in a Batman film, though his appearance was far less memorable. In 1997's much-mocked "Batman & Robin," Bane was played by the late wrestler Jeep Swenson. In that film, he was Poison Ivy's bodyguard, but did little more than grunt and flex. The DC Comics version of Bane is far more layered. There, Bane is another Batman character who was doomed from birth. He was born and raised in a South American prison -- the law there required his father's life sentence for murder to be served by his son, which hardly seems fair -- he becomes a body-building strongman, along with a superior intelligence wrought in the prison library, simply to survive behind bars. He ended up running the prison's inmates, which led the threatened warden to force him to become a test subject on an experiment with the substance called "Venom." The venom makes him supernaturally strong, but he's required to take it every 12 hours, or he'll die. Eventually he escapes prison and wreaks doomed havoc on the streets of Gotham.

Got to love when a villain is more deep than the past banes we have seen.

egg-whites333
08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
woah i saw hp deathly hallows prt 2 and the dark knight trailer was much difrent

Jayhmmz
08-02-2011, 06:10 AM
Ohhh I'm looking forward to this movie! :D
Tom Hardy is gonna kick ass as Bane.

Jokersvirus
08-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Here is a picture of catwoman. who somehow jacked the batpod.

The Dark Knight Rises Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/pictures/3.php#6)

Jayhmmz
08-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Here is a picture of catwoman. who somehow jacked the batpod.

The Dark Knight Rises Pictures - Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/pictures/3.php#6)

The costume isn't tight enough... ;)

Jokersvirus
08-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Come on jay dont have a dirty mind :P

Ilyich Valken
08-05-2011, 09:11 PM
i was already iffy about Hathaway being Catwoman, but.. her costume is making that feeling seem legitimate. :/

Jayhmmz
08-06-2011, 07:52 AM
i was already iffy about Hathaway being Catwoman, but.. her costume is making that feeling seem legitimate. :/

Are you kidding me? :O She's perfect for the movie roll of Catwoman. She's beautiful and her body is among the best bodies ever out of all the movie stars. Also, she's a pretty good actress.

Knibbler
08-06-2011, 08:02 AM
I agree that Anne Hathaway is one of the better suited choices to play Catwoman.. But I also have to agree with Ilyich, the costume just isn't Catwoman.. it's just... Woman now. Where's the distinguising cat features that Halle Berry and every comic book and video game rendition has had in the past?

Jayhmmz
08-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Where's the distinguising cat features that Halle Berry and every comic book and video game rendition has had in the past?

Looking at the costumes of all the "heroes" and villains, it's clear to see that Nolan is trying to make everything look a bit more realistic and gritty, whilst not exaggerating the characters' looks. This is definitely apparent when you look at Bane and Catwoman, because Bane just looks like a psycho on steroids (which is essentially what he is, but he doesn't look over-the-top) and Catwoman looks like a spec-ops kinda gal (which is essentially what she is, too). You could even say the same about the Joker, as he was just in a normal, raggedy assed suit, with greasy dyed hair and looking like a weirdo, with a story behind how he got his clown-like scar smile. It's the same with scarecrow as well... I mean it was just a wicked guy with an oat bag on his head!

I think that Nolan is looking at the main personalities and purposes of the characters, and basing their costumes on it, to make it more true-to-life sort of thing. If he based all of the costumes on the heroes' and villains' names then it would all look a bit too far fetched, and we wouldn't have taken Nolan's work so seriously. I'm really glad he has done this, as he has pulled off what has been the darkest and most awesome Batman films ever made.

Psychotray
08-06-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't think it will be as good as the first Dark Night, mainly because of the Joker role being played by someone else, I mean Heath Ledger played him so well, and I don't think anyone will be able to compensate for his role, it was perfect for him. But oh well, it still might be good.

Jayhmmz
08-06-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think it will be as good as the first Dark Night, mainly because of the Joker role being played by someone else, I mean Heath Ledger played him so well, and I don't think anyone will be able to compensate for his role, it was perfect for him. But oh well, it still might be good.

I agree. That was his best performance in his acting career in my opinion... he was amazing.

Psychotray
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree. That was his best performance in his acting career in my opinion... he was amazing.

Indeed, but the movie is still worth renting out I guess, it wouldn't hurt to watch the sequel I guess ;)

Jayhmmz
08-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Indeed, but the movie is still worth renting out I guess, it wouldn't hurt to watch the sequel I guess ;)

I'm definitely gonna go watch it when it's out in the cinemas. It's almost a sin for me not to go and watch it considering I'm a massive fan of Nolan's work, and DC comics.

Ilyich Valken
08-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Are you kidding me? :O She's perfect for the movie roll of Catwoman. She's beautiful and her body is among the best bodies ever out of all the movie stars. Also, she's a pretty good actress.

Well, yeah, she's a great actress, but I'm just not sure if she can fit the role of Selena Kyle well.

Jayhmmz
08-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Well, yeah, she's a great actress, but I'm just not sure if she can fit the role of Selena Kyle well.

I reckon she'll do just fine :)
There's too much at stake for them to **** up the casting for the last Dark Knight movie.

Synge
08-07-2011, 01:23 AM

The Joker isn't even gonna be in this one though, so no worries, Ledger isn't being replaced.

Psychotray
08-07-2011, 02:37 AM
The Joker isn't even gonna be in this one though, so no worries, Ledger isn't being replaced.

Heath Ledger is dead man, he has to be replaced because...he isn't alive :lipsrsealed:

Synge
08-07-2011, 02:48 AM
Heath Ledger is dead man, he has to be replaced because...he isn't alive :lipsrsealed:

I know.. I said there isn't going to be a Joker in this movie, therefore no one is taking over Ledger's role, he's not being replaced..

Psychotray
08-07-2011, 03:04 AM
I know.. I said there isn't going to be a Joker in this movie, therefore no one is taking over Ledger's role, he's not being replaced..

Oh hahaa, I understand now :D