PDA

View Full Version : Thompson demands removal of GTA IV lawyer scene

Scott
09-19-2007, 07:43 PM
ol makes me want this game more
Link (http://www.psu.com/Thompson-demands-removal-of-GTA-IV-lawyer-scene--a0001358-p0.php)

Anti-videogames attorney Jack Thompson has contacted Take-Two demanding that the publisher remove a section of its upcoming title Grand Theft Auto IV by September 21.

The controversial Thompson specifically targeted an early scene in the game, in which the main character’s objective is to kill an anti-games lawyer. Documents filled earlier this week to a federal court in Florida reveal that Thompson penned a letter insisting the scenes were of direct reference to him, and demanded the content be removed by the end of the week.

“The showcasing play of the game to Game Informer revealed that the first killing mission of the “hero” of the game, Niko, is to kill a certain lawyer. When Niko comes into this lawyer’s office, having used subterfuge to do so, Niko pulls a gun on the lawyer who says, “that the firm supports the second amendment’ and that ‘Guns don’t kill people. Video games do”, said Thompson.

“This faux quotation, which I have never uttered is nevertheless attributed to me at countless Internet sites…"

“The fact that the lawyer, killed on Niko’s first mission, would bring up video games, makes it clearly a reference to me…

This is not the first time Rockstar Games and Take Two have targeted me in this fashion. Take Two references to me as a bisexual pedophile on its corporate website….”, he added.

Concluding, Thompson further added that he feels the scene could potentially lead to copycat killings, claiming his own safety could be put at risk.

He demanded the content be removed by 5pm this Friday, warning: “Govern yourselves accordingly, or else.”

Jasperking
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
rofl kill anti-games lawyers yay XD.
although that link doesnt work btw

Scott
09-19-2007, 08:07 PM
rofl kill anti-games lawyers yay XD.
although that link doesnt work btw

Should be fixed

I can't wait to see the disclaimer: "Any persons, places, and/or things, being similar to real-life situations/scenarios are completely coincidental. " Or something to that effect.

Jasperking
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
rofl i would be grateful if they made that instead of removing the game content altogether.. dam game lawyers piss me off XD