PDA

View Full Version : Internet connection problems.

Jean95
07-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Well.. Some time ago my father and I rebooted our wireless router, becuase of some problems with the connection to my computer.
And after we did that, I haven't been able to get on the internet with my PS3. I have got a lot of errors like: 'IP-adress time out', 'You have been logged out of Playstation Network', 'The connection server timed out.(80710723)', and I am sure that there has been a lot of other errors aswell.
I really don't know that much about PS3's or internet connections, so I asked my boyfriend, who was sure he could make it work, if we just rebooted the router again, and then changed some numbers on the PS3 (IP-adress, Primairy DNS + Secondairy DNS, and others). But it still doesn't work. And we have really tried EVERYTHING we could find on the internet. But none of it works, 'cause it's like there's always a new problem for everytime we solve one!
PLEASE help me! I wan't my internet connection work! :(

BTW sorry for the bad english, but I'm danish!

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 10:09 AM
The network card in the PS3 may be faulty. Also try a wired connection if you can to see if that works.

Jean95
07-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I have planned to bring my PS3 to my boyfriend's place, to see if it works with his internet.

How can I fix the network card in my PS3?

I just think it is weird, 'cause I have never had problems with the internet connection on my PS3 before. It was after we rebooted the router the first time.

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 10:21 AM
There probably isn't anything wrong with the PS3 itself, but it's just another thing that could be the reason.

You could also look at your router's wireless security, something may have changed, or enabled, or blocked.

Jean95
07-21-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't know very much about technical stuff, but I will try!
Thanks!

Well actually I have just made a backup, of my games on the PS3, because I wanted to try to restore the system. But I don't know if that would even help?

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 11:04 AM
That would work if the PS3 settings were the issue. Again, it's a possibility, no way to say for sure at the moment.

Jean95
07-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I tried it, and it didn't work. :(

LiNuX
07-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Try directly connecting it to your modem to rule out the router being a factor.

Jean95
07-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I will try that!

Jean95
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Well I tried to connect it directly to the modem, and I still couldn't get any internet connection. I got the 80710102 error, something with the DNS.
I am so frustrated! I don't understand why it doesn't work.

foof
07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
I remember seeing problems like this before rise with my friends. This worked for them:

Been troubled lately by that pesky DNS error? Notice that your PS3 can still browse the net, but not log in? Happen to be a Roadrunner customer? Happen to have any other ISP with a crummy DNS server? Well then read on...

The main issue turns out to be a Roadrunner (or any other ISP's) DNS problem. The fix is simple. When configuring your PS3 network (regardless of wired or wireless), use the manual option. If you use DHCP, leave address resolution at automatic BUT CHANGE THE DNS SERVER ENTRY TO MANUAL.

I replaced the Roadrunner (or any other ISP's) DNS entries with addresses from the Open DNS project which is a free, secure DNS server that anyone can use. It's safe, easy, and works.

The DNS addresses are:

208.67.222.222 or/and 208.67.220.220

Once replaced, you should have no problem logging in.

BTW, you can also use these DNS servers for your entire network if you like by configuring your router. That however is up to you, and won't be discussed in this particular thread by me since I'm too lazy to make a writeup for every single router out there. However, I do guarantee that this fix will work (or at least get you online with your PS3) for the time being. If it doesn't work, then please re-read this thread and try again before wasting five minutes of your time telling me that it doesn't work.

Also, for those that think that this is a PSN issue; consider this: With TW, I could still browse the net with the PS3. I could also use any of my home PC's without problem. The only time I ever encountered a fault was when trying to log into the PSN network using the TWC supplied DNS addresses. Once I replaced those, the problem went away.

Think about it now. If it was a PSN issue, the OpenDNS addresses woudn't have worked for me or anyone else here either. But, since it did I think it's safe to say that the problem lies with your ISP. Don't forget that alot of ISP's including Time Warner depend on 3rd party DNS hosts. Just because you have TW (or Comcast, or Cablevision, et al), doesn't mean the DNS servers are owned and operated by them as well. Perhaps the DNS provider changed something in their routing tables preventing a connection with PSN. There are ALOT of variables at play here...

That alone could be a reason why others have similar issues with different ISP's. Maybe their ISP uses the same DNS host that Time Warner uses. All you're doing by replacing the DNS address is simply using a different DNS provider; nothing else.

Mise well try it out.

Jean95
07-22-2011, 04:08 PM
I still can't seem to make it work.

Jean95
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Well I took my PS3 to my boyfriends place, to find out if it was the PS3 or the internet at my place, that didn't work. And we had no problems getting internet on my PS3, by my boyfriend.
So any ideas now?

foof
08-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Ever try calling tech support?

Jean95
08-01-2011, 01:56 PM
I have considered it :)

Whereisthepronz
12-27-2011, 07:05 PM
try bridging your computer with you ps3 if you want there are videos on youtube

kitch2012
02-05-2012, 05:32 AM