PDA

View Full Version : Why a Final Fantasy VII Remake??

Scott
09-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Sure everyone loves to speculate about there being a FFVII remake, but why? Why do we need one, what purpose would a VII remake serve, and why should I care about a remake?

So, I ask for everyone who has to have one, give me a few reasons why you need a FFVII remake and do not make one of them have anything to do with graphics.

I guess I'm just not seeing why we have to remake FFVII when there's really nothing they could upgrade outside of visuals that would make it vastly superior to the original. Unless they're installing the Final Fantasy X battle system and replacing the Materia System with the Sphere Grid, I see nothing that would lead me to believe this game could be reimagined that would make it a legitimate remake opportunity.

Jasperking
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
umm u know that the only thing they are doing with the remake is updating the visuals :/ wat do u think a remake is lol

Scott
09-19-2007, 09:17 PM
*sigh* I've tried to get answers but all I get is "it needs to be remade for better graphics", "it will end the console wars and make PS3 'leet'" and "because the old one's too expensive."

It'll make for interesting reading if anyone can give a good coherent explaination for it's "needed" remake for the PS3.

Jasperking
09-19-2007, 09:22 PM
its not really needed it just gives people a chance to play the game who never got to. Also ofcourse like everyone says the gfx is alot better...although some hardcore ffVII lovers may not like it because of that reason

Scott
09-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I can think of two reasons why not:

First, the original game isn't painfully outdated and wasn't outshined on any incredible level that installing new features into it would make it a completely different and legitimately worthwhile purchase. The game is still good ten years later. It plays better than most RPGs from its era. If you remake it, get it on a portable system. Give it to me on the go, but don't give me the same game with better graphics on a console I could play the original on.

Second, it takes away manpower from creating a NEW game that could actually be better than Final Fantasy VII, not that anyone would really want to admit that even if it were.

Blackbird
09-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Are the going to make a new Final Fantasy VII its soo great, I'm loving going to play it when its release. :)

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 07:10 AM
yes they are releasing it but on..... PLAYSTATION 3

Blackbird
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I don't have PlayStation 3 yet

lonewolfxix
09-20-2007, 09:31 AM
they may not remake it, this idea has been circulated for the last 6-7years.
don't ever think they're going to take the sphere grid or anything from another FF and put it in FF7! it's blasphemy.

What reasons? okay, i'll give some

Consumer:
A chance to see the world in better detail
A chance to hear how your favourite characters sound
A chance to really understand the story and for blood to pump when you're fighting sephiroth

The first thing people marvelled at on FFX was the graphics with their breath taking scenery and how they now have voices to put to faces. An FF7 remake is not needed but it would be nice to see, i believe the graphics can make a big difference in a game, higher graphics give better realism and really bring you into the game. and as jasper said, re-releasing it will bring it to a wider audience, those who don't want to play the original for whatever reason. and the original too expensive? more like hard to find, it's ?15-?20 for a good condition black label used on ebay, if you can find one.

of course, there are advantages to square enix

they can make a game without thinking up a new storyline or setting design or anything. they have a world loved by all of them to redesign and they can do new music to better suit the environment and have a higher quality sound with more channels so that once very basic environment tune can be lifted higher and given something else. it gives them a chance to explain the story in more detail (as nobody is ignoring the text and is listening instead)

of course they can also get more money off it and release new figurines for it for people to collect.

this is just my opinion.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 12:13 PM
that actually hurt me a bit when you said that sourabh167 :P especially when you spelt the game wrong XD. This game pretty old and you prolly wont be able to get it now unless u pay tons for it. But many people love this game.

It has been said they were making a remake of FFVII but that has been said for a long time. Although they have made trailers etc.

lonewolfxix
09-20-2007, 03:32 PM
I can hear Hironobu Sakaguchi sobbing already that someone doesn't know of his legendary game franchise. I've already said, ?15-?20 for a good condition one on ebay.

I doubt they will ever make a remake of ff7 until they need money and then nobody'll give a damn about it. Maybe they'll make it on sakaguchi's death to honour him. lol.
I can't see square losing any appeal soon, ff12 - the most recent one which isn't a port onto another console or a spin off of the main series - is amazing.

Scott
09-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Final Fantasy VII does not need to be remade. First of all, it's perfectly playable how it is; graphics never did make or break the game. Secondly, anyone who'd wanted to play it would have done so by now. It's been out for 10 years.

The only real reason I can think of why an FFVII remake would be a good idea is to fix the glitches and plotholes. Also, it be nice if they made the story presentation a lot more organized, because frankly it needs it.

But why remake it when you could be making a brand new game/franchise? And you can't give the reason that Square is big enough that they have enough manpower to do both, because even then, the people working on a FFVII remake could also be working on a new game.

And anyway, besides all this, isn't FFVII already available to download for the PSP? I was aware that it's been so for some time now.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 05:12 PM
btw sinse you cant get FFVII new now i think its good to have a remake so people can play it

lonewolfxix
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
ff7 is not legally available for PSP. fixing any plotholes etc. would be remastering and editing the game. i know a load of people who are only just starting to get into final fantasy, i even have people asking if i have any ps1 memory cards to sell to them so they can play the old games. Square has enough people to work on 6 games at once, while making ff12 they also started on ff13.
A remake is a great way to get more people playing the classics as still a lot of people are afraid of ebay and with all these new consoles using harddrives and new laser technologies it's getting harder to play the old games and the fact the used ones can be really damaged...

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 05:41 PM
yeah thats one way to look at it lol. I really want to play FFVII again but cant because usually atleast one of the discs would brake. So i really want the remake to come out

Blackbird
09-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah I want to play it again remake, I wasn't so much on that grapical when its first release. So I'm really want to try out this one. Still playing Final Fantasy 12 :)

lonewolfxix
09-21-2007, 09:14 AM
I've been playing FF12 for about 43hours (only recently bought it as my ps2 started working again) I love it =) If Square are going to remake it they should stop putting it off before demand gets lower and graphics are already great... REMAKE FINAL FANTASY VII ATLAST!!!!

Jasperking
09-21-2007, 12:54 PM
i still wish it was coming out for the ps2.....

comfortablynumb.
09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
i have some pretty mixed feelings, about it like FFVII was almost perfect as it was and they shouldent have touched it
but then again there are alot of people who love that game so they know that people whould buy more ff7 stuff
im persionally not complaining i liked the movie and teh spinoffs are ok

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 06:14 PM
i really enjoyed the FF7 game and movie.. also the spinoffs were pretty good. But the reason i want them to make a new version of the game is not because of the graphics. It is because it has an amazing story line and i would like to own the game again. Although i guess graphics will increase the experience and game play lol

lonewolfxix
09-26-2007, 01:14 PM
i'm personally all for a remake, the fight scenes and fmvs could benefit and music can make a lot of difference to how people react which okay, the music did make a lot of us react but better music will make us react more strongly.

Jasperking
09-26-2007, 03:44 PM
does anyone have any news about whether this game will be released?

lonewolfxix
09-26-2007, 04:21 PM
i doubt it will be, and since people have given their reasons as to why a remake... and spam is starting to roll in faster.. i think the topic should be closed...

Jasperking
09-26-2007, 04:57 PM
mite as well sinse we are going off topic now. If they want to talk about FF VII in general they can just make another topic related to it instead of asking why they are making it

giga_girl
09-29-2007, 12:26 PM
this is good news i guess.. well the remake of FFVII i guess will have a good output...