PDA

View Full Version : New Minecraft Server

Jokersvirus
07-25-2011, 04:25 AM
Its still under development right now, were currently building the cities and different locations etc. Its a really cool server and if you guys get a minute, once the server is completed can not give you a time frame at the present moment, you should come check it out. Flying is enable myself and my friend April are the Op and we are on 99% of the time as it is and there are mods that are enable to lock your chest, doors etc.

This is more of a headups to give you an FYI that the server will be open soon

Psychotray
07-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Sounds epic dude, make sure you give me the IP Address when its done.

Jokersvirus
07-25-2011, 05:50 AM
I will I forgot to add once he gets the permission settings fixed you will be allowed to spawn items once you hit a certain rank. there will be a legit area too but for the most part its just a creative world

Psychotray
07-25-2011, 06:23 AM
Oh that's awesome, I'll drop by when its finalized :D

Samus-Fan
07-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll watch out for it, sounds like it'll be a great server!

Jokersvirus
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I did some research and its only a 9 person server at the present moment but the admin has told me he will try and expand but it will still be a free server and if you wanna help make it grow by donating he will allow that.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-26-2011, 11:42 AM
We have a GF server... Just sayin'...

Jokersvirus
07-26-2011, 11:46 AM
That we do, but change never hurts...

Synge
07-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds cool to me, with flying and item spawning, I'd be able to show more creativity than on most servers. I usually get burnt out on projects that I start on multiplayer and just building them SP.

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
My friend has decided to make the server public.
heres the info: 209.15.226.39:27865

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 12:48 PM
playing on the GF server atm, i might swing by and check this out, but there's a certain satisfaction in digging/climbing your way somewhere and building something by hand that is lost with modding

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
only mod enabled is flying.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-31-2011, 04:26 PM
only mod enabled is flying.

That's equal to cheating and finding areas. You might as well allow people to spawn items and rare stones then...

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Its only cheating to those who dont like using mods. We have two worlds creative and legit. well they can spawn items in the creative world once they hit a certain rank :) they cant in legit.

You seem so upset over this, you mad wicked?

admins and mods on gf can spawn items isnt that cheating as well?

ALSO if mod = cheating that means texture packs are cheating as well since it modifies the environment around you.

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 04:38 PM
You have to use common sense. Changing the appearance of things, but everything still having the same functionality, isn't cheating. Using a mod to fly to areas in the world you wouldn't otherwise be able to get to without a lot more effort is completely different.

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Everyone has a difference in how a server should be ran in all honestly I like servers that allow me to fly the sky is the limit when building instead of having to build up walk ways to the sky. If people hate the server they dont have to come to it nor make such statements as what wicked did. There is no such thing as cheating since really this game isnt like Black ops, Halo Reach or any other game out there. In all reality Minecraft is a game based on doing stuff the way YOU want to, not based off a pre defined set of rules that can get you banned. If you run a server its YOUR server and YOU are in control so you define the rules and everything else.

So in reality if you own a server and define the rules how is that cheating if YOU are the one setting the rules?
It would seem to be that people are allowing their own bias to take over and make judgement on this matter. Meaning since Wicked does not like the server he is deeming it cheating because his server has no mods on it.

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 05:40 PM
What he said. I don't like using mods, i wanna play the game naturally.

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 05:56 PM
No one is forcing you to use mods its an open choice you can make within the world if you wanna fly the option is there if not walk around.

Samus-Fan
07-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Personally, I only use Fly to help build so I don't have to creep at the edge of my 100 block tall tower, it really helps my building skill.
I don't think it's a huge deal. It can't help you find ores, first of all. Those are all underground. What does it do? Fast travel, I guess. Is that that bad? Helps people build, is that that bad?

Synge
07-31-2011, 10:30 PM
^ Exactly. I'd most likely be burnt out on MC by now if I had no mods.. I don't consider it cheating so much as a 'fun enhancement'. Everybody plays differently, and there are plenty of servers out there that cater to those different playstyles.

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 11:09 PM
it might be considered cheating by the people who run it, but Diablo 2 is WAY more fun with a map hack. It's really boring going aimlessly through dungeons trying to find the next level, so much easier to just look at a map. I'm only really referring to doing runs though, like baal runs or meph runs. When you're doing Baal runs to get exp/items, and you have a whole group waiting for you to find the stairs, that's annoying. So much easier to just teleport there, and makes it a lot more fun. Same with item runs. It's hard to find good items, you have to kill the boss over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to get any sort of items, it's tedius as it is, nobody wants to have to deal with trying to find the freaking boss too.

Psychotray
08-02-2011, 06:27 AM
So its finalized and ready to be played on? :D

Jokersvirus
08-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Its open to the public but the OP is still working on the server alot of bugs appeared when he made it public.