PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo, as well as THQ, are taking losses.

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 12:15 PM
The ball is rolling now, ladies and chaps! Nintendo have announced within the past 24 hours that they're going to be slashing the price of the 3DS just to put them in good stead for next year and the years that follow!

In short, the 3DS didn't do as well as Nintendo had hoped it would do... so they are now back-pedalling just to save themselves.

You can read more on this story, here (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/nintendo-3ds-slashing-prices-and-taking-losses/).

ROFLBRYCE
07-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Naturally they're cutting the price, a month after I buy one -__- like Micro$oft secretly announcing and shipping the new 360 a few weeks after I buy my replacement...I hate electronics.

This 3DS cutback thing coulda been avoided for them though if they had more games at launch and had a bigger list of games coming out for it.

Ilyich Valken
07-28-2011, 12:44 PM
It's their own damn fault. They should've launched with more first party titles. I love the 3DS, but if people keep canceling games due to "lack of interest" I'm going to go ape****.

**** you, Capcom.

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Well apparently Nintendo are offering people who have just bought the system free games from a list of selected titles, so we'll have to see who qualifies and how that pans out.

Ilyich Valken
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
They should offer it to the people that bought the system at launch :/ My only 3DS game so far is the OoT remake.

EpsilonX
07-28-2011, 01:57 PM
I heard that's what they're doing, they're offering 20 games from a list of downloadable NES and GBA games from the eshop or something to any early investors.

Anyways, at $170 I may get one. I wanna play Devil Survivor and Ghost Recon fffff

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I too am considering buying it now, considering it's cheaper :)
Some of the games look pretty damn good.

Synge
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
I'll think about getting one next year, give it time to acquire more quality titles and maybe another price drop will come around by then :P

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 03:20 PM
I'll think about getting one next year, give it time to acquire more quality titles and maybe another price drop will come around by then :P

Wishful thinking, but reducing the price by one-third is more than enough for Nintendo :P they won't need to do it again. They'll be fine by the time 2012 comes; think of all the Christmas presents that will contain the 3DS now the price cut has happened!!

Koudelka
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm only slightly happy about this because Nintendo refuses to bring The Last Story and Xenoblade to the States. Otherwise, I generally don't have anything against the company. I'll never forgive them for not bringing two potentially awesome JRPGs to the States.