PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Galactic Warfare [Call of Duty 4]

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
The finalised version of a new mod has been released for Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare) and it looks absolutely outstanding! A group of fans who call themselves Black Monkey de have made a non-profit mod for the fans of both Call of Duty and Star Wars, and it's a complete re-invention of the game.

Everything imaginable has been changed, from the scripting down to the skins! Watch the trailer for it below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dToRs1Jmg08&feature=player_embedded

For the full article, click here (http://gamecraic.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/call-of-duty-4-star-wars-galactic-warfare-mod/).

Ilyich Valken
07-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I saw an earlier version of this. Makes me with I had CoD4 on the PC lol Mods are badass.

Exentenzed
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
What do you mean the scripting have been changed?

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
What do you mean the scripting have been changed?

I guess I could compare it to what's underneath the hood in a car :)

Exentenzed
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
That's so not helpful, with that same metaphor i would describe a games graphics engine.

What im asking more specifically is: Have they changed the way the game handles scripts or have they just changed scripts, the latter would be obvious in a total conversion mod and as such not worth mentioning like you did.

But then again i can't see why they would go trough all the effort to do the first either.

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 04:35 PM
That's so not helpful, with that same metaphor i would describe a games graphics engine.

What im asking more specifically is: Have they changed the way the game handles scripts or have they just changed scripts, the latter would be obvious in a total conversion mod and as such not worth mentioning like you did.

But then again i can't see why they would go trough all the effort to do the first either.

In short, they've literally changed everything. The way the game handles, weapon recoil, shell shock animations, skins on characters and weapons, brand new maps of a high quality, texture resolution is far better than what is present in the original CoD4, they've totally changed every single sound in the game from the music down to player voices and weapon sounds... it's just ALL changed :)

Exentenzed
07-28-2011, 05:17 PM
So a Total conversion mod in every sense of the word. :D

And it's also Star Wars! I mean, this might just be the nudge for me to get COD4. :P

Jayhmmz
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
So a Total conversion mod in every sense of the word. :D

And it's also Star Wars! I mean, this might just be the nudge for me to get COD4. :P

Seriously... it's like a brand new game, they could have sold it! I can't believe they did this for a non-profit project. They could have made mega-bucks!!!!

Exentenzed
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
True, but they probably needed the game engine to work out from, or else it would have taken ALOT longer since they would have to start from scratch. And since that game engine is licenced to activision, they couldn't have sold it without the risk of a law suit. :)