PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft sucks.

Jokersvirus
07-29-2011, 03:17 PM
It would seem Microsoft doesnt have a proper enforcement team for Xboxlive. My friend Lostinplace was banned for 7000 years for "offering access to modded lobbies" to those who dont know who Lostinplace is He is a Booster Buster. He goes into games with people who actually cheat and screws with them. Well a lot of those boosters have reported him and he got banned for it.

What really annoys me about this is that I look at the forums and I went through a good... 15 pages or more and only thing I saw over and over and over again was people getting banned for
1) asking for Microsoft points in exchange for friendship or something else
2) infection on WaW, infection is apparently a term to describe a type of glitch/mod that gets you a lot of points or something.
3) modded hardware/modded avatars

Thats all I really saw and its sad I didnt see one message about CoD BO and they banned someone who was helping and refused to look any deeper than his messages. How do I know they refused to look deeper simple because his messages said "offering free 15th prestige lobby" which is a complete lie he was using that as a means to screw with them and if they would look at his game history they would see he plays legit with 1% of all his games being about busting boosters.

Its just pathetic that Microsoft calls it an investigation and only look at recent messages thats it. I think they need to fix their policies up a little bit.

EpsilonX
07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
well, maybe they thought he had started to cheat or something? I was trolling on last fm, but then I decided to stop but I had a trollface as my avatar so they banned me, they said they thought I was going to continue to troll. How do they know he was actually joking? From their point of view, he had started to mod and was inviting people in. I mean, i'm not saying it isn't stupid, but thats probably how they see it.

Synge
07-29-2011, 03:29 PM
^ Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Just like in real life, sometimes it only takes one mistake to screw yourself over. :/

Ilyich Valken
07-29-2011, 04:00 PM
1) asking for Microsoft points in exchange for friendship or something else
2) infection on WaW, infection is apparently a term to describe a type of glitch/mod that gets you a lot of points or something.
3) modded hardware/modded avatars

All ban-able and legitimate points. And infection is not a way to get you a lock of points, it's a hack that makes you move faster, among other things.

Any kind of hardware modifications is both bannable and fineable if they reproduce it for others, especially for profit.

As far as everything else goes, there's nothing more they can do to look into other than the messages. They can't just... go in and watch anything that happened in matches (and don't even say anything about theater, I can guarantee you don't know how it works.)

And saying they don't have a proper enforcement team isn't correct. They're the ones left in charge of cleaning up CoD4 and WaW since they've basically been abandoned (WaW's worse.)

They probably did more than just look at his recent messages, but to be honest, seeing stuff like "offering free 15th prestige lobby" is a red flag for them. Doesn't matter what his intentions are, that's how they see it.

Why is it people only have a problem with stuff like this when it affects them or a friend? Anyone else and it's likely the opposite reaction: "Oh, they deserved it."

EpsilonX
07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
They probably did more than just look at his recent messages, but to be honest, seeing stuff like "offering free 15th prestige lobby" is a red flag for them. Doesn't matter what his intentions are, that's how they see it.

Why is it people only have a problem with stuff like this when it affects them or a friend? Anyone else and it's likely the opposite reaction: "Oh, they deserved it."

This exactly. As far as they know, he actually was trying to get people to use his hack, they don't know he was trolling.

Jokersvirus
07-29-2011, 04:50 PM
if seeing a free 15h lobby is a red flag microsoft should have known that is impossible without physical hardware mods. He didnt cheat he screwed with them because obviously microsoft/trearch isnt doing anything about it so I guess taking the law into your own hands is a no no

Also he didnt have any hacks he was using the message as a means to screw with them and it worked pretty awesomely I might add

Muffincat
07-29-2011, 05:32 PM
so I guess taking the law into your own hands is a no no

Isn't that true in most cases?

Jokersvirus
07-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Depends on your point of view.

EpsilonX
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I still think their actions are justified, since they probably just saw it, figured "hacker" and blocked him. He's not hacking, but I don't think they're going to look into every single person to make sure they're not just pretending to be a hacker, that would be silly.

In most cases, you should just leave the rules enforcement to the people who's job it is to enforce the rules.

Jokersvirus
07-29-2011, 06:40 PM
Microsoft is justified in banning you just because your gamertag, what games you play, etc. They need to do in depth investigations, or why even call it an investigation if you are just looking at recent messages? they clearly dont enforcement jack because they care more about Waw and what not.

Ilyich Valken
07-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Microsoft is justified in banning you just because your gamertag, what games you play, etc. They need to do in depth investigations, or why even call it an investigation if you are just looking at recent messages? they clearly dont enforcement jack because they care more about Waw and what not.

Or there's the fact that... you get enough complaints against you and I'm willing to bet it just auto-bans you. Just because you think all they did was look at his messages, doesn't mean that is. Doesn't even sound like you know what they do.

And.. they can't ban you for what kind of games you play or your gamertag. I don't know where you got this misconceived idea.

Jokersvirus
07-30-2011, 04:49 AM
They could if they want. If you truly think about it we are paying them 50 bucks a year to access the service and they can terminate it at anytime they damn well please. In all reality we are paying to borrow our gamertags and what not.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-30-2011, 06:38 AM
I think you are forgetting how many users they need to watch over. If I had to watch over that many users and saw you doing something "questionable" I'd probably ban you too.

And they do see "boost busting" as a form of trolling because what makes you any better than the people that are "boosting". Because they are raising their score compared to everyone else? Who cares because in real game play it won't matter. Some people just take video games too seriously. Maybe your buddy needs a break.

Jokersvirus
07-30-2011, 06:51 AM
The amount of users shouldnt compare to the quality of the investigation. Just because they have millions of people to watch doesnt mean they should do a shallow investigation. For example look at the IRS and all the the tax returns they have to look over, they look over everyone and verify everything is correct, so if other agencies such as the IRS can do that why not Microsoft? Seems pathetically lazy on their end.

Busting cheaters isnt trolling, its trying to clean up the community and alot of people support it. What makes us any better than the people who are cheating? Simple we are the ones who are trying to rid the community of cheaters unlike Microsoft. If they are watching WaW with malice why not any other game? Nah my friend isnt taking a break he has several more accounts he is going to use.

Ilyich Valken
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM
The amount of users shouldnt compare to the quality of the investigation. Just because they have millions of people to watch doesnt mean they should do a shallow investigation. For example look at the IRS and all the the tax returns they have to look over, they look over everyone and verify everything is correct, so if other agencies such as the IRS can do that why not Microsoft? Seems pathetically lazy on their end.

There's a HUGE difference. Where the IRS is dealing in completely doing the taxes, Microsoft focuses on more than just Live. Not only that, but Microsoft doesn't lose anything by banning people, sure they may lose $60 a year per person, but that's essentially a drop in the bucket to them. The IRS is required to do scour over every detail to make sure if it's correct, because if a number's off by one one-hundredth of a decimal, it screws literally everything else over.

If you're really going to compare an entire government agency to an exponentially smaller team from a company, I think you need to rethink what you're saying.

And like I said, there's no way that Microsoft can go into a game's files and tell exactly what happened. They can't just click on a file and have it play a video of how the match went. Therefore, they look for any red flags. If they see a lot of them, they have the right to be suspicious. And like you said, it's their service they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

And if you think they're actually paying attention to WaW more than any other game, you need to check your facts. The only reason that job was delegated to them is because Treyarch said "**** it, we've got a new game that we can support." and left Microsoft to deal with all the hacks.

Busting cheaters isnt trolling, its trying to clean up the community and alot of people support it. What makes us any better than the people who are cheating? Simple we are the ones who are trying to rid the community of cheaters unlike Microsoft.

Busting cheaters is trolling. You're ruining what other people consider fun. Hell, unless people are boosting for killstreaks in a game, what the hell does it matter? It's not like them finishing the challenges, getting everything for each gun, etc really affects you. Having their accounts lifted to Prestige 14 doesn't make them special.

And, I hate to break it to you, but nothing makes you better than them but the fact that you aren't boosting yourselves. Sure, you might be doing "the right thing" in your eyes, but to Microsoft you're doing it in an extremely suspicious way. You do, after all, have to join a boosting lobby to "bust" them do you not?

Saying that booster busters are above getting banned for what they do is like saying that the police are above the law. It's just not true.

W1CKEDTW1STED
07-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Ilyich, I <3 you. :D

It's nice to know that someones else can see what I'm talking about.