PDA

View Full Version : How to play Xbox games on Xbox360 console?

nediscrepair
07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Hi - I have a bunch of Xbox games that I've been able to remove the scratches and want to see if they will play. If so, I'll sell them cheap....I have Wii, PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 consoles. How can I use my Xbox360 console to play Xbox games on it? (Cheaply)

Jokersvirus
07-31-2011, 11:45 AM
you would have to physical mod your xbox to do so but if you have xbox live this can result in a permaban

Ilyich Valken
07-31-2011, 12:57 PM
You should be able to just play them. Doesn't require any sort of modification.

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Why would you need to mod your 360 to play an xbox game?

here is a list of games that work, as well as known bugs:
Wikimedia Error (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360)

nediscrepair
07-31-2011, 01:07 PM
It looks like some games are Xbox Live and some are 'just' Xbox.

Ilyich Valken
07-31-2011, 01:11 PM
Well, a lot of the original xbox games won't work on LIVE because they shut down the servers that dealt with the original xbox's game.

EpsilonX
07-31-2011, 01:12 PM
The ones that say Xbox Live are ones that you could play online. However, all Xbox online servers have been taken down, only 360 games are playable online.

egg-whites333
07-31-2011, 11:12 PM
the only way to play those games online is if you mod and found a modders lobby

jcmcdo12
08-01-2011, 06:03 AM
I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned this yet but, if you don't have a hard drive your going to need to get one and it should work with just that. If you have a hard drive but you can still not play original xbox games then it would be because some original xbox are not supported by the 360.

ROFLBRYCE
08-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Sign into Xbox Live, or apply an update via Official Xbox Magazine demo disc, and ensure that you have a MICROSOFT harddrive, lots of 120gb ones off eBay and stuff aren't legit Microsoft brand, and will not work, and then you just put in a game off the list above saying which ones work and which don't.

No modding, no bootlegging, anything required unless the game isn't on that list. You just pop in the game, hit "Update" if you're on Live (silver accounts work too) and then it's all done. But you MUST have a harddrive. (4gb on the new Xbox 360 S don't count, need a 20gb or larger Xbox one.)

egg-whites333
08-01-2011, 11:40 PM
lol its easy but getting online isnt not many people are on and modding is extremly hard if you dont want to get banned

ROFLBRYCE
08-01-2011, 11:44 PM
lol its easy but getting online isnt not many people are on and modding is extremly hard if you dont want to get banned

Noones online :P They shut down the Xbox Live servers for all of the original Xbox's.

egg-whites333
08-01-2011, 11:46 PM
no modders i heard theirs a way to get online but only if you mod so you would be playing with hackers if you did get in with some people.

ROFLBRYCE
08-02-2011, 12:32 AM
no modders i heard theirs a way to get online but only if you mod so you would be playing with hackers if you did get in with some people.

No modding...there's a free service called Xbox Connect, but that's about all I know of to play original Xbox games online. Totally free and legal, just requires an ethernet cable to your 360 and the software on your computer.

egg-whites333
08-02-2011, 11:01 AM
oh really cant trust the internet i swear it does nothing for you. :P

Slay
08-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Xbox Platinum discs for the first Xbox will work on X360, nomatter the HD, with no mods needed.

Psychotray
08-07-2011, 02:40 AM
You can play Xbox games on Xbox 360 without any mods, they have to be above a certain year though, because only a few Xbox Original games were made to be compatible with the Xbox 360 and those were the newest games.

nediscrepair
08-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned this yet but, if you don't have a hard drive your going to need to get one and it should work with just that. If you have a hard drive but you can still not play original xbox games then it would be because some original xbox are not supported by the 360.
Thanks - I read that I need a hard drive. I'll have to find one.

Jokersvirus
08-07-2011, 09:53 PM
No modding...there's a free service called Xbox Connect, but that's about all I know of to play original Xbox games online. Totally free and legal, just requires an ethernet cable to your 360 and the software on your computer.

Xbox connect is worthless all it takes is one person to have the most god awful connection and the entire game is screwed.

ROFLBRYCE
08-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Xbox connect is worthless all it takes is one person to have the most god awful connection and the entire game is screwed.

It's useful if you whitelist. We would use it when it was blizzarding or raining too bad to go outside and we'd play Halo 1 with each other, all ~2km away connections of course. It's good if you know who you're playing with and their connections.

Ilyich Valken
08-07-2011, 10:55 PM

It's no different in any other game. The only way to ensure that you're not affected by someone else's internet is for a game to have dedicated servers, which not a lot of them do.

ROFLBRYCE
08-08-2011, 01:14 AM
It's no different in any other game. The only way to ensure that you're not affected by someone else's internet is for a game to have dedicated servers, which not a lot of them do.

I think that what he means is anyone can join and mess up your game. Games like CoD, Halo, and Gears all filter connections in their matchmaking to match you with good connection games. Someone with 1300 ping can see a game with 35, join, and mess it up for everybody.

Ilyich Valken
08-08-2011, 08:48 PM
I think that what he means is anyone can join and mess up your game. Games like CoD, Halo, and Gears all filter connections in their matchmaking to match you with good connection games. Someone with 1300 ping can see a game with 35, join, and mess it up for everybody.

The only game there that doesn't get affected by that is Halo, because it doesn't allow people to join mid-game. CoD suffers horribly from this. ANYONE can get host, and as soon as someone bad does, it gets horrific. If the host even drops below a certain point, it starts screwing everyone up. Don't play Gears, so..

nediscrepair
08-16-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't have a hard drive. I'll have to get one...just need to find the time.