PDA

View Full Version : Entropia Universe-The first virtual real cash economy world

sourabh167
09-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I am entropia universe addict.just want to introduce it to the community
Entropia Universe is the first virtual universe with the real cash economy.Its a whole universe with a planet named calpso which was destroyed by robots now humans rebuilding it, a asternoid with a club on it called Club Neverdie named after the owner of the club "Neverdie".In this game you can even fly to space through spaceships.With the coming up of cars in new VU its going to be rocking.
And most important thing of the game is it runs on free servers.You put in only as much cash as much you wants to play this game.

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 11:27 AM
i think that game will be good even though i havent read any reviews or seen any sceenshots. Reason being is because its made with the CryEngine 2 :p

Blackbird
09-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah Sweden company have made that games, so wonderfull :)

sourabh167
09-20-2007, 11:32 AM
the development team is working on cryengine and hopefully it will come by the end of next year.Btw how can i stop receving emails notifications for reply posted to this thread?

Scott
09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Btw how can i stop receving emails notifications for reply posted to this thread?

That's odd I don't get them. Well go to your profile and there is a list of threads you have made and next to this one it'll say 'unsubscribe' click on that

sourabh167
09-20-2007, 11:56 AM
already figured it out.now new prob. how can i add sig?

Jasperking
09-20-2007, 12:28 PM
i think u need 10 posts and then u got to wait 24 hours or something read the FAQ

Blackbird
09-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Stop talking off topics and talk about this games . :P

Jasperking
09-21-2007, 05:57 PM
ok anyways to bring back this topic. Any word of release dates?

Blackbird
09-21-2007, 10:23 PM
My father play this games but its already have been release www.entropiauniverse.com

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 06:18 AM
lol the game may have been released but i ment when are they putting the cryengine 2 into it

sourabh167
09-23-2007, 04:16 AM
crytech engine maybe coming up by mid-end of next year.but no official words till now when it will be released

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 08:31 AM
wow thats a really long time to wait lol. Crysis is coming out soon so what else are they doing :P

cwbolton
09-23-2007, 09:07 AM
man this looks so cool but the optimum requirements man you need a pc about 5 months old or newer i can run it on my good pc but not on my work pc

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 09:21 AM
what are the requirements?

cwbolton
09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
check but the optimum is 2gb ram intel core 2 duo

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
these are the requirements:

Windows 2000 or later.*
512 MB RAM.
1.7 GHz Intel P4, AMD Athlon XP 1700+.
NVIDIA GeForce FX series or higher, ATI Radeon R300 Series, (96xx or higher.).**
Latest NVIDIA driver - Get it here. Latest ATI driver - Get it here.
Direct X compatible sound device.
3 GB of free Hard Drive space.
Direct X version 9.0C.
Broadband internet connection (ADSL or better).

u dont need 2 gb ram lol - and it doesnt support vista yet - sux for people that upgraded

optimum isnt necessary, it really won't do much to improve the game play as long as you meet the minimum requirements

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 02:45 PM
wow that is actually really low requirements XD. Thats good sinse i want to play it at a high frame rate

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 02:47 PM
yup, very low requirements, i guess thats why it has over 600,000 players lol :D graphics looks pretty nice but i doubt i'll be able to play with my time and stuff :/

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
600,000 players!!!! thats a ton of players fora server.. im guessing that got about 20 servers rofl. Althought the gfx should be alot better when they introduce cryengine2

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 02:57 PM
i would say more than 20 servers lol, it would still lag - thats still about 30,000 players per server lol, thats still crazy

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 03:01 PM
oh ye your right.. im guessing you need to pay for this game then?

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
didnt they say it was free? i tried the download thing and it let me, but i didnt download of course, no time to play, i think its free

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow if its free i wonder where they get their money from to maintain all their servers... i guess they may have a cash shop but i dunno if that would be enough lol.

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow if its free i wonder where they get their money from to maintain all their servers... i guess they may have a cash shop but i dunno if that would be enough lol.

advertising? probably in game advertising

and the part where it says "virtual real cash" - what does that exactly mean lol, i didnt get that yet, do these people pay real money?

Blackbird
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah its free to downloading the game but you need to made deposit real money in the game for bought Weapons and anything. My father play it :)

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah its free to downloading the game but you need to made deposit real money in the game for bought Weapons and anything. My father play it :)

well there u go lol, thats how they get money for their servers

i would never pay real money for in game weapons lol, i believe its a waste :radar:

Blackbird
09-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, you wasted a lot of money when you shoot on that bots. You have to shoot several times before they got killed. But if you got luck you can found another 500$ or something like that. Some people are not living on the real world, and just playing virtual games. Someone bought a Mini Cave or something for 500000$ in AH and earned like 10 million dollar. But don't think you can make money easy. If you want to earned money without depositing try to get some oils but there can everyone get killed and everything drops. You can have your own terrance and house of course.

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
lol this game sounds really awesome. Pretty sad that you got to pay for stuff though. Is it possible to enjoy the game without depositing even a small amount of money? lol

Blackbird
09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, I'm have been playing a little you need have a good computer for this one, sure you can play it without depositing but you maybe think its going to be bored to train mind control attacking all the time LoL. When I play on my Father characters he get upset about me when I play with his characters.

Jasperking
09-23-2007, 08:13 PM
$20 a week? :/ you pay that much for a game... thats $80 a month.. id rather play WoW rofl

Blackbird
09-23-2007, 08:21 PM
That not so much :P

LiNuX
09-23-2007, 08:25 PM
thats a lot for me, i can pay for books with that lol, i'd rather play WoW too lol, $15/month

Blackbird
09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I'm part time working too, well I'm don't play it anymore still playing WoW, well I should edit before and I don't deposit anymore there.

Jasperking
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
did u ever make money on there rofl

sourabh167
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
I have been playing this game for over 4 months now and I never got close to making any money fro real life.This game can be fun but the bottom line is you needs to keep depositing the money in it.A 10$ deposit will get you 100 PEDs (game currency) which will buy 10k ammo in it + the decay on the weapons and healing kit and the armor one choses.I can burn 10k ammo in like 22-26 hours.If you are real lucky then you can get a big loot from a mob which will make you comfortable for some days.But making money in this game for real life is real real hard and to stand any chances of making few $ for real life one needs to invest atleast 10k-14k $ into the game to buy one hanger located at a good location and then you can take ppl to a asternoid and make some money.But this game is worth spending money on if you only wants to play it as a game.You gets skills for hunting, mining, crafting, coloring and some other activities.If one chooses to quite this game at some time they can sell there skills for PEDs and then can withdraw money from the game and can have some of the money they spent on playing this game back where in other paid games this is not possible.This game is not meant for children or teens beacuse most of them don't have enough money to spend on this game.Like most of the people who play this game are in the age group of 30-45 years.The only way to play this game for free is sweat creatures in this game and collect sweats and then sell it for few PEDs and then burn out those PEDs to buy ammo.But this way its very time consuming and boooring.

Jasperking
10-04-2007, 08:11 PM
ok i wont think about playing this game until i get a job lol.. ill prolly get one soon though. Seems really fun

LiNuX
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM
lol i wont play this game until i get a job and the game becomes free :/ its against my beliefs to pay to play a game monthly or pay real money to buy stuff in game

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 12:46 PM
i think that when you get a job you wont mind paying games monthly because it will seem like nothing lol

sourabh167
10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
All the mmopg's charges a fee in some way.In other games you have to pay monthly fee even if one chooses to take abreak for some months they have to pay the fee for the game.While in EU the amount of money and time can be controlled.If you decides to take a break for few months you have to pay nothing for the period you didn't played while in other games you will have to pay for it.And other advantage of this game is that as I said earlier the skills you gets performing activities are you investment and not a waste of time on entertainment.The skills can later be sold for money and you can even withdraw money from this game.

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I prefer online games that you only need to pay once for the account then your set for life :)

LiNuX
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
I prefer online games that you only need to pay once for the account then your set for life :)

same - some games like that are Guild Wars and all the steam games (even though they arent rpg based) and there are ton of other games like this too

runescape is completely free if u wanna try that lol

and if i get a job paying monthly may seem like nothing but then you have the time to manage, you may not get enough time to play or less than like 10 or 20 hours per month to play, then its a waste to me

Jasperking
10-05-2007, 01:47 PM
runescape is completely free if u wanna try that lol

BLASPHEMY!!!!

but um yeah i see what you mean about time management but i guess ur paying for something that you find enjoyable and something to do when not working so it should be ok

Rion
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
WELCOME TO ENTROPIA EMPORIUM.

Miners, crafters, hunters, traders, looters from all over Calypso, we are pleased to introduce you to entropia emporium (find it on google, no link on this forum), the first site only dedicated to the trade in Entropia Universe.

Don't waste your time trading, come and create your shop on internet and sell your items !

How does it work ?

You only need to create an account and then your avatar. Upload your EU avatar picture and tell us about you, in your avatar card. Avatar card that you can fill with information about your profession, society and yourself.

Create until 3 shops for your avatar and upload your own banners. Manage your sales, by editing the content of your shops, name your price and markup.

Search for what you need, items, avatars, society members, particular shops and command your items. The sellers will confirm the trade and will propose a meeting in EU.
Use the automatic calendar to schedule your meetings.

Use and Enjoy Entropia Emporium

Best Regards, Kirua & Rion

Blackbird
07-22-2008, 02:26 AM
Yes it's a real money game, if you are lucky enough you can become rich of this game, well not like I have done that but got least over 5000$ of this game, guess pure luck. Well that was my father account. :D