PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III ... a Safe Haven for your pocket ?

Blackleo
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Hehe get it ?!? Anyways ! I just read an article on how the game will feature an Auction House that will allow you to sell your items, weapons, gear, character, etc. etc. for real BUCK$ !

The Link is Below:

In-Game - 'Diablo III' will let you sell virtual loot for real money (http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/01/7218060-diablo-iii-will-let-you-sell-virtual-loot-for-real-money)

If that's the case, I'm getting this game ... and I'm farming my ass off !

LiNuX
08-02-2011, 12:04 PM
That's one way to combat people doing it off site without any profit to the company.

Blackleo
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM
All thanks to World of Warcraft ! Who said nothing good came from WoW ! So your getting it L ?

EpsilonX
08-02-2011, 12:42 PM
If i have a computer that can run it by then, I will get it.

ROFLBRYCE
08-02-2011, 03:14 PM
If i have a computer that can run it by then, I will get it.

This. Looking at buying a new computer soon, hopefully.

Diligence109
08-02-2011, 03:32 PM
interesting... they're definitely trailblazing with this concept. Guess we finally have widespread enough technology to be able to assume everyone has an internet connection. Makes sense and will draw a lot of hardcore players, but I doubt many will actually make money on this unless they grind up some seriously rare loot.

Also, lol at the nominal transaction fees Blizzard is pocketing... they're cashing in big time.

Mizel
08-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I dont know how I feel about this... it certainly is a new concept. On one hand, sweet- farm the crap outta stuff and sell it :P On the other hand I cant see myself spending real $$ to buy gear for a game. Aside from the AH, I hope this game lives up to my expectations. Despite seeing the lame classes theyve come up with and the fact theyve made this online only, I still somehow have high hopes!

Jayhmmz
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
It's kind of a new spin on what Free-to-Play MMO games do now with their online stores for option purchases. I like the idea. Making money from your own home on a video game? Awesome.

foof
08-10-2011, 12:27 PM
That's one way to combat people doing it off site without any profit to the company.

Almost every big Diablo 2 Store came out around the same time that D2 LOD came out. All of them are owned by a company called LEWT.

There was some sort of study done back in the day that accused Blizzard of being the ones who OWNED those offsite item stores.

Reasons for suspicion: When the ladder reset, they were full stock with almost every item within 24 hours.

Anyways, if that auction house comes into play, it will be interesting to see how they fight against botters in Diablo 3..

Just leave a bot on all night to MF, then sell all the items you find for real money...

Jayhmmz
08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Anyways, if that auction house comes into play, it will be interesting to see how they fight against botters in Diablo 3..

Just leave a bot on all night to MF, then sell all the items you find for real money...

I think that there will be precautionary measures put in place where the teams will actively scrutinise people who have been on the game for an unusually long stretch of time in one sitting, and monitoring their actions in said sittings.

foof
08-10-2011, 12:56 PM
I think that there will be precautionary measures put in place where the teams will actively scrutinise people who have been on the game for an unusually long stretch of time in one sitting, and monitoring their actions in said sittings.

Well the thing is, if it's an AUTO IT script then it would just look like you are magic finding...for a long time. 12+ hours. And they can't do anything against that cause you might just be...playing for that long. It's a tricky situation that Blizzard has yet to resolve :P. That's why in D2, you get temp banned for joining 20 games in under an hour. Thing is...people would time their games for 5+ minutes on their bots...so they wouldn't get banned.

Akatosh
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Do you know what time it it???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkkf5NEIo0

I have never played a Diablo game but I hear it's like Torchlight which I loved, so I guess I will play and abuse the **** out of this system!!!!

Mizel
09-02-2011, 12:40 PM
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn223/zombiespiceweasel/1-6.jpg

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn223/zombiespiceweasel/2-3.jpg

Blackleo
09-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Lol Mizel, if I caught my Son buying stuff under my MC ... he's ... well ...dead ...

Slay
09-02-2011, 01:11 PM
The discussion, behind Mizel's hilarious comics reminds me that my RS account has more than 10 party hats from a trainer I made.
I think I have near a billion gold and nearly 4 skills capes... god I'm a nerd...

Mizel
09-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Lol Mizel, if I caught my Son buying stuff under my MC ... he's ... well ...dead ...

Lol I can't wait to have kids for the sole puprose of farming for me :D

The discussion, behind Mizel's hilarious comics reminds me that my RS account has more than 10 party hats from a trainer I made.
I think I have near a billion gold and nearly 4 skills capes... god I'm a nerd...

hahaha, hey! There is no shame in nerd-ery ;)

Blackleo
09-02-2011, 06:17 PM
I have no Son, I have myself and my own Mastercard ... surprised I haven't gone broke ... til next week ...

ROFLBRYCE
09-03-2011, 03:58 AM
I have no Son, I have myself and my own Mastercard ... surprised I haven't gone broke ... til next week ...

I know the feeling...kinda. I always have the urge to go buy a pre-paid mastercard to buy game stuff. One more game with that feature really isn't gonna help that xD

BobTD
09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
the comics are funny, but the first one makes no sense as I cant think of a way Blizzard has ever made money from in game items.

While Dialbo2 was one of those rare games to have a large community buying and selling game items for real world cash, it was all done at your own risk outside of the TOS.

LemonRising
09-03-2011, 08:46 AM
THERES A POSSIBILITY I CAN MAKE REAL MONIES OFF OF THIS GAME?????
THIS GAME THAT IVE BEEN WAITING TO HAVE FOR SO LONG?

I am okay with this.

Muffincat
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
the comics are funny, but the first one makes no sense as I cant think of a way Blizzard has ever made money from in game items.

While Dialbo2 was one of those rare games to have a large community buying and selling game items for real world cash, it was all done at your own risk outside of the TOS.

It's talking about the auction place thing, where you can sell things for actual cash in Diablo 3. Blizzard will, of course, take a "transaction fee" for all items...

Mizel
09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
THERES A POSSIBILITY I CAN MAKE REAL MONIES OFF OF THIS GAME?????
THIS GAME THAT IVE BEEN WAITING TO HAVE FOR SO LONG?

I am okay with this.

Lol Inorite! Ah, brings me back to the days of D2 when you could sell a character on eBay for hundreds of $$...