PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Projects

EpsilonX
08-02-2011, 10:58 PM
So, here's some of the stuff I want to build on the GF server for Minecraft. Anybody want to help?

1. Giant Bridge. I'm already working on this, and it goes from near the spawn point, past my house, and then to this one mountain. There's this one house thing in the distance, i'm going to have it end near that. Hopefully, I can extend the bridge in the other direction, or have other people add on to the bridge to make it super long. Kinda like the sky bridge thing that joker suggested. Currently though, it's about....1000 blocks long. It's mostly unlit except for a few spots, so by my house i have a big chest that people can take swords from to defend themselves, and in return deposit cobblestone to help fund the development. I'm thinking maybe once it gets more developed I can add a railway to it, not sure how that would work though.

2. somewhere, I want to put a giant ball thing that you can go inside of and on the inside there's an arena where we could have games or something. we could do capture the flag or something, where somebody takes the opponent's torch and puts it in their field, and everybody else has to fight people not on their team to find the torch or something. or that game i saw on minecraftwiki where you destroy blocks trying to get the other person to fall through the floor, and the loser has to rebuild the floor. it'd be inside a giant "orb" just cuz I think that'd be cooler.

3. A city thing, with like apartments and stuff, idk, streets and stuff. I mean, i'm sure there are villages and stuff but I want to make a modern looking city.

4. it's a bit of a smaller project but there's a lot of snowy areas by my house, I want to make like a big winter lodge in one of them, but i'm not sure how that'd work.

Anybody be interested in helping with any of these projects? Maybe it'd pick up interest in playing on the GF server. Also, if anybody else is doing a project on the GF server and would like to post about it here to see if other people would be interested in helping, do that too.

egg-whites333
08-02-2011, 11:13 PM
:( :'( i hate having a crappy no good computer i really want to play minecraft but way to much lag! :(

Synge
08-03-2011, 12:05 AM
The game dome sounds awesome, but not enough play on the server anymore to really make use of it :/ Maybe I'll get on this weekend if I have time.

I'll log on more frequently after I finish my Demon's Souls build.

EpsilonX
08-03-2011, 01:19 AM
I see like 5 people that usually online, but hardly at the same time. they are:
me (salsterv)
Winterbutterfly
zerotwo02 (jcmondo)
neravarine
minemuncher1

also wicked and extenzed were on for a bit today, but those are usually the people i see online, and only 2 of them are from gf.

I think we should make the game dome anyways, it'd be cool to explore even if it's not used too often. Maybe doing stuff like that would get more people to play, as opposed to having everybody in different corners of the world

Synge
08-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Well, I'd hold off on building anything too elaborate just yet cause I believe the plan is to reset the server after the 1.8 update (so we can have all the new features and such). That's part of my reason for not being on. No point in building anything when it's going to be deleted soon. 1.8 is scheduled for this month I think.

EpsilonX
08-03-2011, 01:36 AM
so all the awesome stuff i'm making right now is going to explode? T.T

I've been wondering what's gonna happen after the update though....

Synge
08-03-2011, 01:38 AM
Hahahah, yup :P

It'll be worth it though, 1.8 is bring in a lot of awesome stuff.

EpsilonX
08-03-2011, 01:46 AM
i wish we could just bring in the updates while keeping the world itself the same. I put a lot of work into this bridge lmao.

Synge
08-03-2011, 02:04 AM
Yeah it is a bit of a bummer.

[1.7.3] WorldDownloader - Minecraft Forum (http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/333322-173-worlddownloader/)

^ You could use that if you don't want your work to be a complete waste :P

Or maybe Wicked will put the map up for DL before it's erased.

Muffincat
08-03-2011, 09:52 AM
Well, for starters, we do have an expansive railway set up spanning across thousands of blocks, so we could probably connect that to yours.

We also actually have two arenas, though they're not in a giant orb :P We've played "Spleef" a few times as well as some other kinds of games.

But yeah, I really want to ask W1CKED to reset the server when 1.8 comes. The reason for this is because 1.8 is going to have NPC villages as well as many other things. The new things will still generate, but only on chunks that haven't been generated yet, so we'd have to go really far out in order to find new things. Our server was also generated when the clay bug was around (clay would only generate when the X and Z coordinates were the same or something), so we don't have a lot of clay on or map which is also annoying... new chunks we generate will be normal, but we've already covered a huge expanse of the map, and I'm all for starting over.

Dili and I have built tons of things that will be erased, but it doesn't really bother me...

So anyway, I've been holding off on building much until the update comes out because it will have a lot of really awesome things, and also encourage exploring (strongholds [better "dungeons], npc villages, new/bigger biomes, etc)... I think it's worth it just to start over. But I have also been interested in trying to make a modern looking city so I might join you up on that eventually ^^

Exentenzed
08-03-2011, 10:36 AM
me (salsterv)
Winterbutterfly
zerotwo02 (jcmondo)
neravarine
minemuncher1

also wicked and extenzed were on for a bit today, but those are usually the people i see online, and only 2 of them are from gf.

I think we should make the game dome anyways, it'd be cool to explore even if it's not used too often. Maybe doing stuff like that would get more people to play, as opposed to having everybody in different corners of the world

Oh damn, you were salsterv? if i had known i would have stayed on a bit longer. :D

jcmcdo12
08-03-2011, 11:14 AM
me (salsterv)
Winterbutterfly
zerotwo02 (jcmondo)
neravarine
minemuncher1

Umm, Eps, you spelled my name wrong its jcmcdo12. And it's coming along nicely.

EpsilonX
08-03-2011, 01:03 PM
yea, I always thought it was something else haha. Sometimes i'll read something wrong and always think its that.

And yea lol that was me. its slayolop's account but he never plays online so he lets me use it too

Ilyich Valken
08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
>:| I need to get this game.