PDA

View Full Version : Griefing

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:00 AM
Today on the GF server my house got grieved and my friend is pretty pissed about it, it was destroyed for really no reason and I did nothing to anyone to deserve such damage. Me and my friends have worked hard on that house and seeing it grieved is really sad and pathetic to do.

It also seems that other houses have been grieved and my friends believe it is due to the skybridge that was created.

So now I am looking to the mods to investigate and figure out who did this.
Also attached is photos of the destruction of my house. Someone did this and it would nice to see the person banned.

grieved pictures by jokersvirus - Photobucket (http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/jokersvirus/grieved/)

Psychotray
08-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Grievers are the worst, that sucks man, I got my cobblestone castle grieved by some idiot the other day too, its ridiculous man...Do you know who it was?

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:17 AM
No Thats why the mods need to investigate. cause if I knew the person would have a house covered in lava right now by my friends

Psychotray
08-09-2011, 04:18 AM
True, I'd just ban them as soon as I knew who did it, they dont deserve to be playing the game if they are just going to grief and not be creative.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 05:58 AM
On a pure PVP server with no rules or anything I can understand grieving but on a server like GF no it annoys me a bit that something I worked on was destroyed. My friend is very pissed off at the moment and are not sure if we will be staying on the server

paecmaker
08-09-2011, 06:05 AM
I dont get that they have nothing better to do than destroy others work. (Even if I know one that did that one time)

We(me and some friends) where playing on a server, one of my friends was building a giant house made of wood(I think you can imagine the rest). When we had been on there for a couple of hours some dork just shows up and burns down the house.

Psychotray
08-09-2011, 06:21 AM
I dont get that they have nothing better to do than destroy others work. (Even if I know one that did that one time)

We(me and some friends) where playing on a server, one of my friends was building a giant house made of wood(I think you can imagine the rest). When we had been on there for a couple of hours some dork just shows up and burns down the house.

It pisses me off too, especially when you put a lot of time/effort into the things you build, its really stupid to go around destroying peoples creations, and a waste of time, they should be building their own things, and minding their own business, but their mind doesn't seem to work that way, its really stupid, it is.

Muffincat
08-09-2011, 08:25 AM
I find it kind of hilarious that you posted a thread of you griefing someone else's server and how funny you thought it was, and now you're complaining about someone griefing something you made.

We'll look into it.

Diligence109
08-09-2011, 08:35 AM
I couldn't retrieve server logs myself, but I'm getting them from w1cked and I'll be able to pick out and find whoever popped on to grief and will ban promptly.

Why is it that when you troll/grief others you say it's just in good innocent fun but when it happens to you it's unjust and wrong? Am I not misunderstanding something here that makes this thread look hypocritical?

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 12:58 PM
Yea, somebody stole all of jcmcdo's stuff (did i spell it right this time?) which is kinda stupid.

Btw, if somebody is going to post a picture of something, don't take a screenshot at freaking night. Nobody can see it.

On a side note, there are some people that just go online and sit there and don't do anything and don't say anything, and so when we're all trying to go to bed they're not and i mean it's not a big deal but its kinda annoying cuz they don't even say what they're doing. It's not difficult to /home and then sleep, and /back as soon as you wake up.

Jaykub
08-09-2011, 01:18 PM
"What goes around comes around"

You did the exact thing to someone so take it like a man and deal with it.

jcmcdo12
08-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Man that sucks. My house was grieved a little but I could fix it and as Eps said (and yes you did spell it right this time) I had gotten most of my stuff stolen and so did some others on the server. Some people are just a-holes who think it's funny to destroy peoples stuff they worked so hard on, but again they're just jerks. If you ever need help getting some of your stuff back or need help to build you stuff back just notify me and i'd be glad to help. ;)

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 01:36 PM
on a related note, somebody came in one day and told me and Ilyich to not play on that server because he said he gave his opinion that people who grief should be banned, and he got banned for that. :\

Muffincat
08-09-2011, 01:39 PM
on a related note, somebody came in one day and told me and Ilyich to not play on that server because he said he gave his opinion that people who grief should be banned, and he got banned for that. :\

Who said that?

And yeah, this is why we move the spawn point every time our new spawn area gets settled in, so griefers don't wreck it. Unfortunately, when we switched to Bukkit, we don't have the mod to change the spawn point anymore. I'll have to bug W1CKED again for it; he's a busy guy.

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 01:42 PM
Who said that?

And yeah, this is why we move the spawn point every time our new spawn area gets settled in, so griefers don't wreck it. Unfortunately, when we switched to Bukkit, we don't have the mod to change the spawn point anymore. I'll have to bug W1CKED again for it; he's a busy guy.

I don't remember what he said his account was.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I find it kind of hilarious that you posted a thread of you griefing someone else's server and how funny you thought it was, and now you're complaining about someone griefing something you made.

We'll look into it.
The other server was pure pvp with no rules or anything :).

Wait Jaykub so because I griefed on a pvp server with no rules me and my friends should be punished? I hope you realize how pathetic that is.

In all honeslty whoever the person who grief is I would love to see them hit you guys since I havent done anything wrong on the server and clearly youre sitting here saying i deserved it how would you guys feel if someone got your stuff. Well the server is restarting when 1.8 hits so it kinda seems you wouldnt care. I might grief servers with no rules, please understand there are NO RULES, meaning ANYTHING GOES. and Clearly me and my friends havent done anything wrong to deserve this. I know you guys hate me and thats fine, deny it in here all you want, but since I havent broken any rules it would be nice to see other replies instead of aww you had it coming. Well you know thats not true for the simple fact I never once grieved on your server so how does Karma come over to a server with rules and bite me? Youre logic isnt adding up.

Muffincat
08-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Well let me know if it happens again/you remember who it was. There were some major jerks before we became mods from W1CKED's site... it was probably one of them.

That goes for anyone - if there is someone suspicious on the server, PM dili or I and we'll get right on it. I'm a little lax right now because we are going to reset the server when 1.8 comes out... so yeah.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Out of curiosity did you guys read my entire post where it said others have been hit too?

Ilyich Valken
08-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I'll reiterate Dili's post: How is it that when you do any griefing (Minecraft or not) it's all fun and games, but as soon as something happens to you (which you honestly can't expect not to happen) it's suddenly a travesty?

In all seriousness though, there does seem to be an influx of new people on the server, it could be any one of them.

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll reiterate Dili's post: How is it that when you do any griefing (Minecraft or not) it's all fun and games, but as soon as something happens to you (which you honestly can't expect not to happen) it's suddenly a travesty?

Because he did it on a PVP server where that kind of stuff is the point of the game. GF is a community server, where griefing is unacceptable.

The other server was pure pvp with no rules or anything .

Wait Jaykub so because I griefed on a pvp server with no rules me and my friends should be punished?

Did everybody miss this? He was playing on a server where GRIEFING IS ALLOWED. Thus, yes, it IS all in good fun.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:19 PM
I ignored Dilligence's post, but I will explain it. Since I havent done anything wrong on the server no punishment should come my way, NOW if i was grieving and and having a merry time destroying stuff on the server yeah come at me and hit me.

Yet since I didnt on that server why should what I have done on other servers affect me here? Unless people are allowing their own personal bias against me to influence their judgement here and say I had it coming, because in all honestly since I didnt do anything wrong on the GF server my actions on the other server shouldnt reflex who I am or what ive done on the other servers.

TLDR Simple I havent done anything wrong on the other servers why should those who hate me get on my case about what ive done on other servers. Again the server I grieved was PVP with no rules. You got banned if you asked the Admin for help or he would spawn people at your location and let them kill you.

Also I must add this isnt affecting me alone two of my friends took time and effort into the house we build when I bought them over to the server they were extremely pissed at what happened happened last night

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
I ignored Dilligence's post, but I will explain it. Since I havent done anything wrong on the server no punishment should come my way, NOW if i was grieving and and having a merry time destroying stuff on the server yeah come at me and hit me.

Yet since I didnt on that server why should what I have done on other servers affect me here? Unless people are allowing their own personal bias against me to influence their judgement here and say I had it coming, because in all honestly since I didnt do anything wrong on the GF server my actions on the other server shouldnt reflex who I am or what ive done on the other servers.

TLDR Simple I havent done anything wrong on the other servers why should those who hate me get on my case about what ive done on other servers. Again the server I grieved was PVP with no rules. You got banned if you asked the Admin for help or he would spawn people at your location and let them kill you.

It seems like you completely ignored the fact that the servers seem to have different rules. If griefing is frowned upon in both servers, then yes, you blew something up on one server I think you deserved to get your stuff blown up in return. That's like saying "i was mean to somebody on facebook but that doesn't mean people should be mean to me in real life, only on facebook"

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
So again I should be punished and mock on the GF server for my actions on another? That makes no sense either. Yes they have different rules, and I havent broken any on the GF one.

and in all honeslty the two servers are different so youre pretty much saying for what happened on the other servers me getting grieved is perfectly fine and shouldnt have any done about it?

Again others on the gf server were hit. I guess you guys are allowing your bias to cloud your judgement and just come straight for me. I dont think ive seen one post talking about anyone else who got hit. Jc came in and said he got hit and would gladly help me its actually nice to see someone being helpful towards me instead of pointing and laughing for my actions done on another server.

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
So again I should be punished and mock on the GF server for my actions on another? That makes no sense either. Yes they have different rules, and I havent broken any on the GF one.

Since they have different rules, no, you shouldn't. But if they were 2 different servers with the same rules and you went around blowing people's stuff up on one, I don't see why that means you shouldn't get your stuff blown up on a different one. You made them mad by blowing their stuff up, so if they come to one of your other servers and blow your stuff up, there. now you're mad too. But since that is not the case, what I just said doesn't apply.

But no, there is no double standard, and I don't see why you think there is.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Actually let me make it clear what I did on the other server. I Grieved the spawn with lava for 3 hours nonstop. Like GF servers the spawn is miles away from others and the admin does this once a week so people wont camp it like i did also he moves it so people like me who grief the spawn dont leave the server and never come back. But clearly it has failed.

No destruction took place of any property, so what goes around and comes around argument is failed, mainly for the fact I couldnt find a house to grief. and Im not mad about the house getting destroyed im mad because my friend was upset last night it happened so because she is upset im mad.

LiNuX
08-09-2011, 02:33 PM

The whole point of this isn't who deserved what, it's just that you seem to show a great deal of joy when you do it but hate it when others do it to you. Doesn't matter what server it's on, or what game it is, you're the one sharing the "griefing" or "trolling" you've been doing on other servers whether the rules allow it or not. So how do you expect someone else to look at that?

Now don't look at this post like I'm saying you deserved it. I don't think anyone deserves any of this no matter how much they might have had it coming, whether server rules allow it or not.

and either way, the issue has been reported and both muffin and dili stated that they'll look into it. This doesn't have to go any deeper than that.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Well again im not mad at the fact my house was grieved I can replace everything that has been lost. However like I said Im mad because my friend is upset, I might be a troll but I do care about others.

I love griefing and if I get hit I get hit only when it affects me and me alone when someone comes after my friends hard work too and they get upset I get mad. I might grief others on different servers I might be troll but since I havent broken any rules on the GF server why should People like muffin, Jaykub sit there and say haha you had it coming when no destruction of property took place? Only thing that took place was people were unable to play the game for hours because they created their own death trap and I just poured the lava.

Just sayin.

Synge
08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
I dunno if it's the tron texture pack, or because it's so dark but I can't make anything out of those screen shots. Doesn't even look like a house '-'

Edit: or maybe the grief was just that bad :P

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
It was dark because of no torches and i messed with my settings so when there is little to no light im pretty much blind as a bat.

also to the person who gave me negative rep what does "dfhg" mean?

LemonRising
08-09-2011, 02:53 PM
*pats Joker's head*
shhhhh Joker.. shhhhhhh...
callllmm yo tits... *plays rain and thunder relaxation tape*

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 02:55 PM
*pats Joker's head*
shhhhh Joker.. shhhhhhh...
callllmm yo tits... *plays rain and thunder relaxation tape*
Get me a taco and we will call it even lemon

Muffincat
08-09-2011, 03:39 PM
I might be troll but since I havent broken any rules on the GF server why should People like muffin, Jaykub sit there and say haha you had it coming when no destruction of property took place?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said anything like that; don't put words in my mouth. I asked why you were so upset about it if you enjoyed griefing other people's houses, and I said that I would look into the griefing. I never said you had it coming, because as far as I am aware, you never did grief on our server.

Do I think it is silly that you are mad about someone griefing you when you enjoy causing other people the same pain you experience by trolling them (outside of Minecraft)? Yes. Am I saying "LOLOL YOU NEEDED TO GET GRIEFED BECAUSE YOU GRIEFED SOMEONE"?

No. I never said that. Don't say that I am letting a personal bias against you cause me to "attack" you. It seems that you are projecting your own bias against me here.

You never said in your other thread about griefing that it was a pvp server where anything went. You said they were mean to you and you wanted to get back at them. That is a different motivation, and if it WAS a "no rules" server, then that is obviously different. Why did you call it trolling if it was a no rules server? You can understand why this would be misunderstood if you neglected to mention this very essential piece of knowledge.

Please refrain from saying I said things I didn't.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE]Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said anything like that; don't put words in my mouth. I asked why you were so upset about it if you enjoyed griefing other people's houses, and I said that I would look into the griefing. I never said you had it coming, because as far as I am aware, you never did grief on our server.

Its impossible to put words in your mouth since words are not a physical object. To start off your post as " find it kind of hilarious that you posted a thread of you griefing someone else's server and how funny you thought it was, and now you're complaining about someone griefing something you made"
that makes it clear to me youre more interested in throwing it in my face more than anything else.

Do I think it is silly that you are mad about someone griefing you when you enjoy causing other people the same pain you experience by trolling them (outside of Minecraft)? Yes. Am I saying "LOLOL YOU NEEDED TO GET GRIEFED BECAUSE YOU GRIEFED SOMEONE"?
its funny it seems people are lacking the basic ability to read as I said im not mad that I got griefed Im mad because my friend is upset. If I troll/grief someone come after me not my friends hit my houses my property I will sit there laugh and even tell you where all my stuff is just to see you do and laugh at the extreme stupidity of the situation. Hell on the other server when people found my Base of operations I sat back and watched them steal my stuff granted my friend already took the good stuff and ran to a new location but i laughed overall :)
If you get trolled by me and dont know how walk away thats youre own fault. Its like people who get scammed out of money you can scream and complain at the people who did the scam but at the end of the day the person who got scammed is as big of an idiot as the person who did it. Cant blame me for everything

No. I never said that. Don't say that I am letting a personal bias against you cause me to "attack" you. It seems that you are projecting your own bias against me here.
In all honestly how do I know you will do anything as you even said you are laxed about the situation since the reboot with 1.8. Im not projecting any bias against you just saying the way you started off your thread what jaykub said, doesnt really give me the sense you will do much because of who i am ;). Plus the fact you said you are lax about it.

You never said in your other thread about griefing that it was a pvp server where anything went. You said they were mean to you and you wanted to get back at them. That is a different motivation, and if it WAS a "no rules" server, then that is obviously different. Why did you call it trolling if it was a no rules server? You can understand why this would be misunderstood if you neglected to mention this very essential piece of knowledge.

Linux deleted/remove my thread in the post I said it was a pvp server where me and my friends were getting insulted attacked etc so in return we pour lava on the spawn. Ive been saying it was a no rule server for a while why are you just now picking that up? Its trolling because the definition of trolling is to get a reaction out of someone, someone who is screaming they will kill me and everyone I love for the lava spawn is trolling/grieving, the terms can be used interchangeable. I didnt neglect to mention this information you guys bought up the past so I explained myself when in reality gets off topic because we arent discussing the past we are discussing the person who grieved last night.

Jaykub
08-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Today on the GF server my house got grieved

come after me not my friends

Who got grieved?? You or your friend. Make sense please.

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
It was dark because of no torches and i messed with my settings so when there is little to no light im pretty much blind as a bat.

also to the person who gave me negative rep what does "dfhg" mean?

why dont you, i don't know, take shots when it's not night?

Anyways, the entire topic you're saying 2 things.

1. Why should I get punished for something I did on the other servers?

2. Punish me not my friends.

Make up your mind. You're complaining about being punished, then you're saying you don't care and then you're saying you should be punished not them.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
why dont you, i don't know, take shots when it's not night?

Anyways, the entire topic you're saying 2 things.

1. Why should I get punished for something I did on the other servers?

2. Punish me not my friends.

Make up your mind. You're complaining about being punished, then you're saying you don't care and then you're saying you should be punished not them.

Because I enjoy so much pissing you off epx.
1) you guys are holding something against you dont fully understand which is extremely funny
2) i said if i do grief, reread my post I know you can understand above a 5th grade level epx. come after me if you want.

Who got grieved?? You or your friend. Make sense please.

I will make sense when you reread my post since you didnt have the ability to read my post and understand I didnt destroy any homes, like you accused me in PM.

We are getting off topic here I think a mod should clean up all the post regarding anything that isnt related to the grieving on the GF server. Because my past has no weight in what happened last night ,since none of you know what happened on the server lol.

Jaykub
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Because I enjoy so much pissing you off epx.
1) you guys are holding something against you dont fully understand which is extremely funny
2) i said if i do grief, reread my post I know you can understand above a 5th grade level epx. come after me if you want.

I will make sense when you reread my post since you didnt have the ability to read my post and understand I didnt destroy any homes, like you accused me in PM.

Look Joker,

You said your house got greived. Then I said "what goes around comes around" and you told me that it was your friend that got greived?

You've said two things in the same thread.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey jaykub, do me a favor would ya buddy? Go reread my first post what does it say about me and my friends. It will give you a clue ;) Just so you arent confused go reread my very first post you know post number 1

even more off topic: over 3,000 post woot.

paecmaker
08-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Look Joker,

You said your house got greived. Then I said "what goes around comes around" and you told me that it was your friend that got greived?

You've said two things in the same thread.

What I understand both Joker and his friend was building the same house.

Jaykub
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Why would you say you didn't get greived and your friend did then? ffs

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Because I will explain in a matter I deem fit Jaykub. This thread is getting full of off topic posts you should clean it up jaykub. While youre doing that im goign to taco bell

Ilyich Valken
08-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Today on the GF server my house got grieved and my friend is pretty pissed about it, it was destroyed for really no reason and I did nothing to anyone to deserve such damage. Me and my friends have worked hard on that house and seeing it grieved is really sad and pathetic to do.

My house.. as in, my property. But you didn't get grieved, oh no.

Jaykub
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM
Because I will explain in a matter I deem fit Jaykub. This thread is getting full of off topic posts you should clean it up jaykub. While youre doing that im goign to taco bell

You can't even simply answer my questions and you keep changing your story in PM/Public. Every time I bring something up you change the subject and twist my words around completely.

And now you try and say you didn't greived anyone on Minecraft when I have read the post you made.

PS: I see you talking about greving people on Facebook all the time.

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 04:32 PM
but on a server like GF no it annoys me a bit that something I worked on was destroyed.

Wait Jaykub so because I griefed on a pvp server with no rules me and my friends should be punished?

Since I havent done anything wrong on the server no punishment should come my way

and Im not mad about the house getting destroyed

Here are some quotes from you. It says that you are annoyed that your stuff got stolen. But once people started bringing up the "what goes around comes around" thing you decided to shift gears and say "im not mad my friends are mad and that makes me mad" in order to save face. Next time, decide your story BEFORE you change gears and then make fun of everybody saying they're uneducated. Yes, we DID read all of your posts, and that is EXACTLY WHY we are saying this.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:32 PM
as I stated Jaykub you didnt read my posts so why should i explain something that is in my post? I didnt twist your words around you just didnt read properly. Im not trying to say I didnt grief I said i didnt and I also said Trolling and grieving is used interchangeable as a means of getting a reaction out of someone. Call it what you want I call it fun times :)
Why are you stalking me on facebook? and when was my last post saying I was grieving on a minecraft server? I want dates, times, and screenshots.

And? whats your point epx beyond that we are off topic :) and jaykub as failed to clean up the thread

EpsilonX
08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't like being called retarded for pointing out a flaw in your logic, thank you very much. It happens every single freaking time you post a topic.

Btw, maybe YOU should learn to read since I had "eps NOT epx" in my sig for like half a year.

Jokersvirus
08-09-2011, 04:35 PM
I never called you retarded I can if it will help you with your point. You are a hateful person epx you need to get out more.
STILL OFF TOPIC :O

Muffincat
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
This is ridiculous. I am closing this.