PDA

View Full Version : GT5 Prologue is most expensive demo ever

Scott
09-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Link (http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2007/09/21/tgs07-gt5-prologue-is-most-expensive-demo-ever/)

Hidden away in Sony's TGS catalog was a shocking revelation: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue's Japanese release date and price. Scheduled for December 13th, the game sample (demo, as we used to call) will retail for a whopping ?4,980 ($43.10) on Blu-ray and ?4,500 ($38.95) when downloaded through the PlayStation Store. Although the game will feature stunning graphics and many features of the final game, this seems as much too high for a game that has a limited track and vehicle selection. We hope that this kind of sticker shock doesn't come across the Pacific into other territories.

jakncoke
10-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Anyone that buys the prologue is stupid, GT5 comes fall 08' and well I'm more than happy to wait instead of getting milked.

Jasperking
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
there is alot of stupid people so you cant do anything about that lol. But ye thats stupidly expensive

lonewolfxix
10-01-2007, 06:02 PM
$48 to get a demo? does it entitle you to anything special atall? that seems a bit steep.. must have something special... a car with a little more power than usual? limited edition paintwork for your cars to use online to say "I BOUGHT THE DEMO! I LOVE GT MORE THAN YOU!" or something? anything?

Jasperking
10-01-2007, 06:05 PM
"I BOUGHT THE DEMO! I LOVE GT MORE THAN YOU!"

yeah... thats probably about it :). I really do wonder why they gave that price for a demo when the release of the game isn't far off

lonewolfxix
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
release not far off? fall of 2008 is one year away, don't suppose you realise that but.. that is pretty far away. didnt they release like GT HD? alot of people loved that despite their only being 2 cars and 1 track, a lot of people loved drifting on it.

Riku-Nara
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
50= cars and 5 tracks.
wayyy to overpriced.
that's like a $20 game at best, and it'd still wouldn't be worth it.

lonewolfxix
10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
is that in the demo? 50 cars and 50 tracks? damn i can get forza 2 cheaper than that and you can get 360's for as little as $200 here plus a $60 fix in the uk, not all that bad of a price to pay in the uk:P

Scott
10-01-2007, 11:48 PM
lol er no? 5 tracks and 50 cars. And damage effects (but no changing weather). What a bad deal

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
hmm... i wonder what they were thinking when they brought out this. Do you think anyone will actually buy it :/

Scott
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
hmm... i wonder what they were thinking when they brought out this. Do you think anyone will actually buy it :/

I think they are jusdt bringing it out because the 360 is kicking the PS3's @$$ for racing games

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:15 PM
the xbox 360 isnt kiking the ps3's butt in racing. its owning the ps3 in every platform and other ways :p

Scott
10-02-2007, 04:17 PM
It could also be to get the game some hype. Because it has been a loooong while since GT4. And a lot of racing games have been released since then (and a lot more will be released before it too)

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
hmm thats true. I think they should lower the price abit so people will start buying it lol. They arnt that logical at all :p

Ghost
10-02-2007, 04:23 PM
hmm thats true. I think they should lower the price abit so people will start buying it lol. They arnt that logical at all :p

?5 Would be a good price

Jasperking
10-02-2007, 04:26 PM
i say about ?10 since simple games on steam cost that. You have to be fair to the company abit lol

jakncoke
10-05-2007, 12:27 PM
I think they are jusdt bringing it out because the 360 is kicking the PS3's @$$ for racing games

wrong they did this for GT4 and GT3 and we all know who dominated last gen

release not far off? fall of 2008 is one year away, don't suppose you realise that but.. that is pretty far away. didnt they release like GT HD? alot of people loved that despite their only being 2 cars and 1 track, a lot of people loved drifting on it.

a year is nothing when you have things going on in your life.

Scott
10-05-2007, 04:10 PM
wrong they did this for GT4 and GT3 and we all know who dominated last gen

Oh yeah I had a friend who owned that game. It sucked. They are a complete waste of money. They got no lifespan

jakncoke
10-05-2007, 08:03 PM
that's why it's smart to wait for the actual game that is good for hundreds of hours of gameplay

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Gran Turismo is fun for a little while, but with little things to do on it (you buy a turbocharger... you install it... you get a fixed bhp boost..) it's not as fun as other racing games where you can change fuel mixtures etc. and make your car look awesome, also, real simulation? my ass. There's no in-car driver view, there's no manual gear box, tire wear is unrealistic, they don't puncture, especially in the earlier ones you couldn't drift even with active stability management and traction control turned off, the suzuki escudo pikes peak version moves when TCS is on but everyone knows the escudo especially when you stick the level 2 turbocharger on it on the game would have way too much torque for the Traction control to handle and it won't move. L2 and R2 to shift gears? pleh, my computer is going to be getting a Logitech g25 and colin mcrae dirt, that'll be more realistic, atleast i'll have a 6speed manual gearbox and a clutch.

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm getting this which will be awesome.

http://www.fanatec.de/img/products/pw_prod_pic_unten.jpg

http://www.pspsps.tv/pw_turbo_s_short_01.jpg

Key benefits

* The original reproduction of a 911 leather steering wheel gives you the genuine Porsche feeling
* Wireless USB technology which provides latency free signal transmission to the PC/Console and is very robust against interference (Power supply to wheel still needed)
* 3 Force Feedback motors and smooth belt drive deliver sensational realism
* Authentic wireless pedals with clutch and soft-stop brake
* Two gear sticks included: 6+1 Speed H-pattern and sequential
* Compatible with PC and Playstation 3 (6+1 gear stick is only supported on PC and Playstation 3)

Full Features Porsche 911 Turbo S wheel:

* Original Porsche 911 Turbo S steering wheel design
* Licensed by Porsche Lizenz- und Handelsgesellschaft mbH
* Authentic metal Porsche logo on wheel
* Hand stitched leather wheel manufactured according to Porsche quality standards
* Compatible with PC and Playstation 3 (all games which support ForceFeedback wheels)
* 6+1 Speed H-pattern gear stick with realistic shifting feel
* Additional exchangeable sequential gear stick included
* Wireless pedals with + 100 hours battery life time (low battery warning on display and optional power supply cable for simulators)
* Realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance
* Pressure sensitive brake emulation with soft-stop
* Gear sticks are interchangeable and can be mounted on the left or right side
* Turning angle can be adjusted in the wheel to 900?, 360? or 180? or in 1? steps by software
* For PC: Strong table clamps with quick release, special non-slip rubber pads, and Velcro strips on the pedals
keep everything in place. Integrated nuts allow the strong fixation on a gaming cockpit
* For Playstation: Attachable lap wings and the attachment of the gear sticks to the wheel allow comfortable game
play in the living room without the use of a table
* Illuminated button symbols switch automatically between PC and Playstation
* Powerful Mabuchi RS 550 Motor as used in RC cars delivers extra strong ForceFeedback effects
* Additional 2 Force Feedback actuators in the wheel simulate motor vibrations
* Extra smooth and silent belt drive without mechanical dead zone
* High resolution wheel sensor
* TUNING functions with LED display
* Saves up to 5 wheel set-ups
* Adjust ForceFeedback strength during game play
* Adjust sensitivity independent from the game

I'll be more than willing to lay down 350 for it...pure awesome.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:18 AM
that looks really awesome but if u was going for the full wheel i would go for the logitech g25 cause its amazing but abit pricey

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:51 AM
nahh that's one that I shown pwns life and although 350 is a lot but it's sweet and will add to fun factor in racing games.

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Lol ok then but i just realised... your mainly getting this for the ps3 arnt you

jakncoke
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
yes , my computer sucks balls...doesn't even have sound anymore and only has like 330 mb of ram..total failure of a computer...so need a new one.

lonewolfxix
10-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Logitech G25 is cheaper and has wheel mounted paddles but is exactly the same otherwise besides not being emblazoned by the most common "sports car" emblem i have ever seen... if i were to use it for a console i'd choose that, but pc, hands down logitech g25, a lot cheaper and probably better/just about the same.

bronco
10-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok this is stupid, that stupid spam blocker wont let me quote someone

Jasperking
10-06-2007, 11:05 PM
please do not call the forums stupid lol because you basicly are :). You need 10 posts and have been a member for 24 hours

jakncoke
10-07-2007, 10:40 AM
That is stupid if you can't quote some if you have less than 10 posts or member less than 24 hours..totally retarded.

lonewolfxix
10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
you need 10 posts to post links... if there's a link in it it's automatically stopped.. it's a spam protection program as we get quite a few spambots.