PDA

View Full Version : Jack Tretton's View on PS3

Scott
09-21-2007, 08:17 PM
I found his short term vs. long term line interesting. A nice subtle way of saying current PS3 games kind of stink. And as usual in typical Sony fare..... a nice statement about waiting for the future.

You got to wait a little longer Sony gamers.

Link (http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=135708)

PlayStation boss on why you should own a PS3
by Blake Snow | 09/21/2007 | 3:41:31 PM PST

What's the number one reason to own a PS3 right now? According to SCEA president Jack Tretton, the console is "future proof," that's why.

"The original PlayStation lasted 10 years -- a tremendous innovation when other platforms died and were all but forgotten," Tretton told us in a recent interview. "The same thing is going on with the PS2, and I think that will be the case with the PS3."

He went on to say, "I don't think we expected nor we need to capture the lifecycle of the PS3 in the first nine months. We want to build evangelists, one consumer at a time, and it involves sacrificing in the short term before paying off in the long term."

Regarding the fact that some PS3 games often release weeks after their Xbox 360 counterparts, Tretton said, "We're taking all our development findings and investments and passing them onto the third-party development community.

"We are physically going to studios and working with them hand-in-hand. You will start to see that bear fruit in the near future."

A full transcript of the interview is forthcoming.