PDA

View Full Version : CoD Opinions

Draelthalas
08-18-2011, 09:37 PM
I ve owned all three but i just wanna see peoples opinions. Which is better? Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2 or
Black ops?

mutilations
08-18-2011, 09:40 PM
This might cause some debates but from playing both MW2 and BO I can say I enjoyed my time more with MW2. The kill streaks, the stages, and the fact I played it on the PS3 helped sway my decision.

Draelthalas
08-18-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah same here i liked the maps streaks (besides the nukes....too many hackers going for those), the guns and i liked the visuals a little more as well. Plus i dont much care for Treyarch to boot other than zombies....but thats why most people like them anyway lol.

paecmaker
08-19-2011, 03:50 AM
I say modern warfare.

Psychotray
08-19-2011, 04:20 AM
Im going with Modern Warfare, because that's the only one I've played hahaa :p

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 05:38 AM
If any one picks Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops then they have clearly not played Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare).

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was the pinnacle of CoD games, and it was pure innovation and inspiration. The visuals were excellent, the gameplay was simple yet fluid (just like the CoD games that came before CoD4) and the multiplayer and campaign experience was fantastic.

Now, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops ruined the CoD experience for me. Having been a massive CoD gamer since 2003 (Call of Duty PC) I was severely let down by the fact that they started making the CoD games so overkill, unnecessary, frustrating and boring. The visuals haven't improved much since Call of Duty 4, if anything they have just copied and pasted their work and somehow made the textures worse in some cases.

The multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops is horrible, and full of stupid things like deathstreaks - WTF? You get awarded if you're bad at the game? Oh, well, that's just fantastic isn't it? No.

The real Call of Duty magic is the gun on gun experience, not the chopper/attack dogs/airstrikes on gun experience. Even though CoD4 had killstreak rewards, they weren't as overpowered and ridiculous as what they are like now in MW2 and Black Ops. Infinity Ward and Treyarch ruined the multiplayer. Ruined. It's full of noobs running around with shotguns and tiny sub-machine guns which can be used to snipe people from half way across the map. Do I wanna play a game as terrible as that? No thanks.

MW2 and Black Ops is for the casual gamer, who doesn't give a crap about how immense Call of Duty used to be, before Activision became money whores who don't care about their fan base any more. £12 for a DLC pack, three times a year? Suck my balls :)

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was the last great Call of Duty game, with World at War not being too bad. But MW2 and Black Ops is full of low skill, which is why I will be buying Battlefield 3 over CoD this year.

If MW3 turns out to be like CoD4, like Infinity Ward and Sledge have promised, then I will buy it at a later date, but only for the console, as the Call of Duty games don't deserve to be played on my PC any more, because the visuals are average at best.

Muffincat
08-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I just picked an option randomly because I hate FPS games :3

paecmaker
08-19-2011, 09:33 AM
I just picked an option randomly because I hate FPS games :3

Hate is such a strong word, you should say that you like it lesser than other things. :)

Muffincat
08-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Hate is such a strong word, you should say that you like it lesser than other things. :)

So is love, but people throw love around all the time. :3

And... nope. o_O I don't think this is an appropriate venue to try and chastise me for my word choice.

Slay
08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
I love FPS games, just not CoD...

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I love FPS games, just not CoD...

This is because you appreciate well-made games.
Your statement relates to my current feelings towards the CoD franchise.

Draelthalas
08-19-2011, 10:38 AM
If any one picks Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops then they have clearly not played Call of Duty 4 (Modern Warfare).

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was the pinnacle of CoD games, and it was pure innovation and inspiration. The visuals were excellent, the gameplay was simple yet fluid (just like the CoD games that came before CoD4) and the multiplayer and campaign experience was fantastic.

Now, Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops ruined the CoD experience for me. Having been a massive CoD gamer since 2003 (Call of Duty PC) I was severely let down by the fact that they started making the CoD games so overkill, unnecessary, frustrating and boring. The visuals haven't improved much since Call of Duty 4, if anything they have just copied and pasted their work and somehow made the textures worse in some cases.

The multiplayer for Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops is horrible, and full of stupid things like deathstreaks - WTF? You get awarded if you're bad at the game? Oh, well, that's just fantastic isn't it? No.

The real Call of Duty magic is the gun on gun experience, not the chopper/attack dogs/airstrikes on gun experience. Even though CoD4 had killstreak rewards, they weren't as overpowered and ridiculous as what they are like now in MW2 and Black Ops. Infinity Ward and Treyarch ruined the multiplayer. Ruined. It's full of noobs running around with shotguns and tiny sub-machine guns which can be used to snipe people from half way across the map. Do I wanna play a game as terrible as that? No thanks.

MW2 and Black Ops is for the casual gamer, who doesn't give a crap about how immense Call of Duty used to be, before Activision became money whores who don't care about their fan base any more. £12 for a DLC pack, three times a year? Suck my balls :)

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare was the last great Call of Duty game, with World at War not being too bad. But MW2 and Black Ops is full of low skill, which is why I will be buying Battlefield 3 over CoD this year.

If MW3 turns out to be like CoD4, like Infinity Ward and Sledge have promised, then I will buy it at a later date, but only for the console, as the Call of Duty games don't deserve to be played on my PC any more, because the visuals are average at best.

MW2 was a great game...the visuals have noticeably imporved. and the gameplay feels almost exactly like that of MW with new guns and maps,and isnt really for a casual gamer for it is more fast paced if even only by a tad bit. The killstreaks are huge and the only one truly over powered is the nuke just because i dont think anyone should have the power to just end the match. but other than that its actual stuff they use in war. Now i agree on the fact that Black Ops wasnt that great because i dont much care for Treyarch. MW was a great game im not bagging on it at all im just saying MW2 was a step up even if just a small one, and MW3 looks like its gonna blow'em both out of the water. as for BF3 it also looks like a great game but cannot be compared to CoD (i know you werent comparing them im just saying) BF is a different experiance larger maps and much for fun to snipe. Slower paced as well so its a nice break from CoD games.

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 11:18 AM
MW2 was a great game...the visuals have noticeably imporved. and the gameplay feels almost exactly like that of MW with new guns and maps,and isnt really for a casual gamer for it is more fast paced if even only by a tad bit. The killstreaks are huge and the only one truly over powered is the nuke just because i dont think anyone should have the power to just end the match. but other than that its actual stuff they use in war. Now i agree on the fact that Black Ops wasnt that great because i dont much care for Treyarch. MW was a great game im not bagging on it at all im just saying MW2 was a step up even if just a small one, and MW3 looks like its gonna blow'em both out of the water. as for BF3 it also looks like a great game but cannot be compared to CoD (i know you werent comparing them im just saying) BF is a different experiance larger maps and much for fun to snipe. Slower paced as well so its a nice break from CoD games.

Where I do respect your opinions, I cannot agree with you when you say that MW2 was a step up from MW, when it comes to the PC platform anyway. Sure, the texture resolution (in general) may have improved by a small margin, and the gameplay may have felt the same, but it was a step backwards because the game did not support the use of dedicated servers. Whoever made that decision to not include support for dedicated servers is a ****ing moron, and I hope that he/she got fired because they are **** at their job.

With MW2 not featuring the support for dedicated servers, it lead to a significant halt in the progression of the Call of Duty PC community. Clans were forced to stick with MW and prior releases just so that they could take part in clan wars, either casually or officially, through Clanbase and the like. Also, because matchmaking was introduced to the PC version of MW2, it lead to sessions being very unstable, as the host used to change so often in the space of just a few rounds and/or maps.

Treyarch and Black Ops reintroduced dedicated server support in their game, however the game itself was just rubbish to play online. Absolute balls so it was.

MW3 has to provide support for dedicated servers in the PC release, and it has to reduce the amount of stupid, ****ty killstreak awards and ridiculous perks that are on offer in order to make the game a Call of Duty game again, or else it's going to get a bad name and just fizzle out.

MW2 and Black Ops are not proper Call of Duty games, they're just attempts at being a Call of Duty game. If you didn't play Call of Duty back when the franchise was actually good (at the time, and before CoD4 MW) then no opinion can properly rival mine if they challenge what I have said about the latest Call of Duty games not being proper.

paecmaker
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Where I do respect your opinions, I cannot agree with you when you say that MW2 was a step up from MW, when it comes to the PC platform anyway. Sure, the texture resolution (in general) may have improved by a small margin, and the gameplay may have felt the same, but it was a step backwards because the game did not support the use of dedicated servers. Whoever made that decision to not include support for dedicated servers is a ****ing moron, and I hope that he/she got fired because they are **** at their job.

With MW2 not featuring the support for dedicated servers, it lead to a significant halt in the progression of the Call of Duty PC community. Clans were forced to stick with MW and prior releases just so that they could take part in clan wars, either casually or officially, through Clanbase and the like. Also, because matchmaking was introduced to the PC version of MW2, it lead to sessions being very unstable, as the host used to change so often in the space of just a few rounds and/or maps.

Treyarch and Black Ops reintroduced dedicated server support in their game, however the game itself was just rubbish to play online. Absolute balls so it was.

MW3 has to provide support for dedicated servers in the PC release, and it has to reduce the amount of stupid, ****ty killstreak awards and ridiculous perks that are on offer in order to make the game a Call of Duty game again, or else it's going to get a bad name and just fizzle out.

MW2 and Black Ops are not proper Call of Duty games, they're just attempts at being a Call of Duty game. If you didn't play Call of Duty back when the franchise was actually good (at the time, and before CoD4 MW) then no opinion can properly rival mine if they challenge what I have said about the latest Call of Duty games not being proper.

I dont know exactly where but I have heard that they will reinstate dedicated servers to mw 3.

Bertrum
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
I didn't like Black Ops at all, or World at war (Which you didn't mention). I really liked both Modern Warfare though, with MW2 just pipping it

paecmaker
08-19-2011, 12:17 PM
I didn't like Black Ops at all, or World at war (Which you didn't mention). I really liked both Modern Warfare though, with MW2 just pipping it

That is what I dont like mw 2 its basicly the same game with almost the same engine, a little other maps and weapons and call it a new game, would be better to call it an expansion pack instead. Even more with that 5 h campaign.

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 12:19 PM

I always choose to leave World at War out of the debates really, because it's a game that was both well received and shunned, just because it was a Treyarch production. I myself loved the game as I'm a massive fan of WW2, and I thought the campaign was really good and the multiplayer was well balanced, but it's not been something that I've felt that mirrors MW2 and Black Ops in the debates. I just leave it floating :)

Slay
08-19-2011, 02:13 PM
This is because you appreciate well-made games.
Your statement relates to my current feelings towards the CoD franchise.

Let's make a change of game-play for it, lol. Like splinter-cell, let's make a game about silencers and parkour and **** like that.
Instead, we play the same game OVER and OVER again, I liked at first, and hate it now. Welcome to the world of FPS. :p

Draelthalas
08-19-2011, 02:32 PM

If thats your reasoning then i cannot argue on that pointbecause idont use dedicated sercers and know nothing about them. I had the game for pc and thought it was epic but then again i dont use dedicated servers,and yes i did play before MW i played 3 but no earlier.In MW3 the biggest streak i saw....was dogs with explosive attached to them...LOL. Also im pretty sure MW3 will top or come close to topping black ops in sales. The only reason Black Ops is the most sold game ever is because of the franchise name nothing more, and MW3 with most definitely be better than blackops.

Jayhmmz
08-19-2011, 02:44 PM
If thats your reasoning then i cannot argue on that pointbecause idont use dedicated sercers and know nothing about them. I had the game for pc and thought it was epic but then again i dont use dedicated servers,and yes i did play before MW i played 3 but no earlier.In MW3 the biggest streak i saw....was dogs with explosive attached to them...LOL. Also im pretty sure MW3 will top or come close to topping black ops in sales. The only reason Black Ops is the most sold game ever is because of the franchise name nothing more, and MW3 with most definitely be better than blackops.

The fact that there are attack dogs strapped with explosives made me sad... not because it's in-game animal cruelty, but just because it's stupid :P

mutilations
08-19-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm not a big FPS fan and I didn't really play anything before MW2 or PC-related so my opinion really can't be called one now can it? But I do have experience in it and just by judging, seeing, and hearing about MW3.. I think Battlefield 3 will take the stage and the CoD franchise will take a bit of a hit but nothing that'll keep them from making more games.

Jayhmmz, the way you go on about PC games though.. I can only imagine what would my attitude would be like if I stuck to PC-gaming over console gaming but then again, my genre is more fitting to consoles. I wish I could see it better from your perspective though but I couldn't afford a new PC to save my life. lol

Draelthalas
08-19-2011, 03:35 PM
I'm not a big FPS fan and I didn't really play anything before MW2 or PC-related so my opinion really can't be called one now can it? But I do have experience in it and just by judging, seeing, and hearing about MW3.. I think Battlefield 3 will take the stage and the CoD franchise will take a bit of a hit but nothing that'll keep them from making more games.

Jayhmmz, the way you go on about PC games though.. I can only imagine what would my attitude would be like if I stuck to PC-gaming over console gaming but then again, my genre is more fitting to consoles. I wish I could see it better from your perspective though but I couldn't afford a new PC to save my life. lol

Yes BF will be popular but CoD will still out sell it because its the most popular franchise of all time....lots of people play Battlefield but tons more play CoD

The fact that there are attack dogs strapped with explosives made me sad... not because it's in-game animal cruelty, but just because it's stupid :P

lol yeah i htought it was kinda dumb but tis funny as well XD

ROFLBRYCE
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I prefer the gameplay of MW, the guns/kllstreaks (minus the nuke) in MW2, and the killstreak system BLOPS brought in.

Ilyich Valken
08-19-2011, 07:09 PM

I don't even think that's a killstreak. I'm pretty sure it's just something you'll encounter in Spec Ops as something to fight against. I've always hated dogs in CoD, but now they explode? C'mon now.

Draelthalas
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
I don't even think that's a killstreak. I'm pretty sure it's just something you'll encounter in Spec Ops as something to fight against. I've always hated dogs in CoD, but now they explode? C'mon now.

yeah thats possible....thats where i saw it XD. and lol yeah me too and this will make them even worse!

PRODIGY404
09-07-2011, 01:21 AM
i love all 3 so i cant really pick any haha :)

paecmaker
09-07-2011, 03:55 AM

What will they come up with next, mutated dogs that burn and fires lazors out of their eys.

Archer 790
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Modern Warfare, the original was definately the best.

leonehe
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Modern Warfare is the best. The first one! A second Modern Warfare is great too but this IWNet matchmaking system is very bad. I just didn't bought an expansion and finding a match with a good ping is very hard and almost impossible for me now :D. I can't say anything about Black Ops because I didn't play it yet but I heard that it's a great game too! A lot of people are enjoying this game!

Jester
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
I liked Black Ops, mainly because I enjoyed the maps and the customize-able player card feature

xXmikeyx9697Xx
03-17-2012, 11:52 PM
I honestly liked MW2 better.. im a sniper so sniping in that game for me was sooo amazing.. everything about the game was good about it except the noobtube damage and One Man army w/ them........ and graphics were really good too.