PDA

View Full Version : 2K wants you to pay $5 to unlock NHL 08 content ALREADY on disk

Scott
09-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Link (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162973)

"2K Sports announced today that the 2K Reelmaker add-on is now available for NHL 2K8 on Xbox 360. The Reelmaker allows players to save replays and modify them with a variety of video editing tools, making adjustments to the camera angles and adding special effects along the way. Once complete, the videos can be uploaded to Xbox Live and shared with the entire NHL 2K8 online community (or at least those who also downloaded the Reelmaker).

The 2K Reelmaker will set you back 400 Microsoft points ($5) via the Xbox Live Marketplace, but the download weighs in at just 108KB; essentially, you're paying to unlock the feature on the disc. What's our take on 2K's latest hockey sim? Read our recent review for the full skinny on NHL 2K8."

Now that's bull****, sadly I know stupid people that'll pay for it.

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 06:21 AM
i think microsoft knows that stupid people will pay for it too :p

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 12:58 PM
i think microsoft knows that stupid people will pay for it too :p

thats where the money is man, now we just have to think of something to do something like that and get rich :D

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
yeah lol thats how everyone in the market industry makes money. They get round a big table and write"Idiots - How can we steal money off them" as a title

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
yeah lol thats how everyone in the market industry makes money. They get round a big table and write"Idiots - How can we steal money off them" as a title

yea, some of us on this forum should get together, make a new site and sell Britney Spears Pictures for $10 each - pictures we took from Google Images :D

Jasperking
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
yeah that would be awesome rofl. As long as they arnt copyrighted XD also try to forge a sig maybe.

Ghost
09-30-2007, 08:19 PM
The only thing you can do about it is 1) not buy the game and 2) if you do buy the game, don't buy that dlc. Anyways, I hear EA's NHL 08 is a better game so just buy that one. The only way these companies that try to rip off the consumer will get the message is if we as consumers don't let them rip us off, i.e. don't purchase their products that are unfairly priced. Currency is the only language these companies speak.