PDA

View Full Version : command and conquer fps!!

Scott
09-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Link (http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6179628.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=%20latestnews;title;1)

"...While the possibility seemed likely, today GameSpot received direct confirmation from a source with knowledge of EALA's development resource allocation that work on a multiplatform C&C FPS is well underway.

Though the source, who spoke under condition of anonymity, wouldn't go into much detail, the project is indeed a "Renegade/Battlefield-style FPS."...

Wow this could be a great game

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 06:17 AM
there has already been a fps for the command & conquer series (renegade) which i really enjoyed. Although another will prolly be just as good... well actually it prolly wont be :p

lonewolfxix
09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
although i do love FPS's the genre is flooded with too much crap either from amateurs thinking they have an idea and skills or basing it on something else making it lack something. it could be good, but who knows.

Battlefield style? i hope they have more than 64players, imagine a full on war... man that would be amazing... if only...

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 06:53 AM
ah i remember now when you thought world in conflict was a huge fps and you was so excited XD

lonewolfxix
09-22-2007, 06:58 AM
yep... then my dreams were shattered.. why doesnt someone make a low graphics game - reminiscent of Soldier of Fortune, perhaps? and let that be an all out huge war game. then again ETQW i believe is meant to do just that but i haven't been able to play due to a dead hdd

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 07:00 AM
i heard quake wars is a really good game from some people i know who got into the beta. But its not exactly the whole war thing you want :p.

I dont think its hard to create a low gfx game to allow a ton of players but wouldnt the net connection have to be 100mbit :P

cwbolton
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
well i think FPS'S are over rated and i love the c&c series as they are rpg's not fps's also i never really liked renegade but overall the c7c series are the best

lonewolfxix
09-29-2007, 02:34 PM
First off, the C&C series is not an RPG, an RPG is a ROLE PLAYING GAME, C&C is an RTS which is Real-Time Strategy.
FPS' can be great games but there's too much copying and people can't think of new elements to integrate into it and storyline in an fps is disapearing due to now everyone having a good computer with a good internet connection and half the people will avoid the storyline as they can just go online and kill people. some people try to make the story relate to the online but that just does not work, others just make it a deathmatch with just too many bugs possible making it annoying.

Jasperking
09-29-2007, 05:04 PM
rofl you thought C&C was RPG!!!! (cwbolton) you have shamed such a good series. As lonewolf explains the C&C series was RTS except for Renegade which was FPS.