PDA

View Full Version : Any1 wanna skype while gaming?

RogerGjyieah
08-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a very small social circle when it comes to gaming, so this is an attempt to broaden said circle.

Obviously, from the title, I am referring to PC games, but that is about it, as limits are concerned: I am open for ideas, new games, any style, as long as it is free.

ATM I've got Combat Arms (FPS), Perfect World International (MMORPG), League of Legends (DOTA-wannaB) and Minecraft (sandbox) installed.

I am a 19-year-old Dane (hence the mistakes in my writing) with a lot of spare time (have not gotten a job yet), so do not think of timezones as a barrier and/or obstacle..

Basically, I just wondered if anyone would like to play an online game with me, while skyping.. Please respond/comment if interessted.

Post Scribtum: I just signed up on this forum, but I'm quite sure there's a PM option somewhere, which I then will use to give any positive respondant (is that a word?) my skype-name.

Slay
08-26-2011, 04:23 PM
No1 does it seems like.
I have minecraft and LoL, I am very new to LoL, so if you wanna hook up on a server in MC I am cool with that, or SP, and we can just share tips.

RogerGjyieah
08-26-2011, 04:35 PM
No1 does it seems like.

dude, I just posted this, like, 10 minutes ago :D

Slay
08-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Usually people post alot faster as if claiming the first post gives you a cash reward, anyway, any response to my game request? :P

RogerGjyieah
08-26-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm pretty new to LoL myself (only lvl 6 or so), but I would like to game with u.. just need to figure out where the ****** that PM option is :P..

HamadaLFC8
08-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Lol why do you wanna play a game AND skype :p
Why not just play the game ahha

RogerGjyieah
08-26-2011, 05:26 PM

Skyping can add a sense of strategy to the gameplay.. + quite a few games are meant to be a somewhat social activity, and so the good people making those games gave us gamers the "chat" option, but there are so many levels to comunication other than just the words written.. Sarcasm and irony are exaples of such levels. Smileys do help along the way, but sometimes its just easier to talk than write (especially if playing FPS)..

Ilyich Valken
08-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Skype's more than just video chat. And it's 20x faster than having to stop what you're doing to type something out.

Jaykub
08-26-2011, 06:36 PM
I will if you magically become a girl

Muffincat
08-26-2011, 08:11 PM
A few of us play LoL, but we pretty much refuse to use Skype because it's not very good for gaming. We usually use Mumble... well, the group of us that regularly plays, anyway.

LemonRising
08-27-2011, 12:55 AM
Yeah I heard mumble was really great for gaming and chatting.

I don't play LoL much anymore (but I will because half of my gamer friends play it ;p)
I'm totally down for gaming and skyping though.

The PM option comes up when you click on someones name (:

foof
08-27-2011, 02:24 AM
A few of us play LoL, but we pretty much refuse to use Skype because it's not very good for gaming. We usually use Mumble... well, the group of us that regularly plays, anyway.

+1 for Mumble.
The one time that I actually played LoL, it was great.

ROFLBRYCE
08-27-2011, 02:47 AM
+1 for Mumble.
The one time that I actually played LoL, it was great.

Agreed lol only had mics 2 or 3 times with everyone. Was way more fun!