PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for Ps3 games?

Psychotray
08-28-2011, 07:28 AM
My brother has decided to buy me a Ps3 this week, and I was wondering if someone could recommend some games for me to buy when im at the shops. I like games with Zombies, Blood, Gore, A decent storyline, etc. Something similar to Resident Evil or Silent Hill. So, what do you recommend I get? :D

Knibbler
08-28-2011, 07:34 AM
I don't know many zombie games games, don't really play them, though Dead Nation is certainly one to look at! Also it's not a zombie game but definately check out the Uncharted series if anything for the storyline alone.

I'm currently playing Deus Ex: HR
I go back to Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood now and again.

Maybe think about picking up the GoW collection as well

EpsilonX
08-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Dead Space seems maybe your thing.

An important question is...do you have a 360? If so, i'm not gonna list any multiplats, and by doing that...there's really no ps3 exclusive zombie games.

If you have a PSP, get The Third Birthday. It's a zombie RPG.

egg-whites333
08-28-2011, 01:09 PM
i dont have any horror or zombie games but if you get black ops or world at war you can get cod zombies which is really fun and if you have online and decide to get black ops get a mic the add jaden568 we can play zombies

Fr0stByte
08-29-2011, 11:45 AM
I really liked playing Infamous from the Sony "Im sorry we f***** up" pack....and infamous 2 is out and the reviews are just as awesome (although I havnt played infamous 2 and do not accept any legal responsibility from any disappointment that results)

Mizel
08-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Dead Space was def a good one as was Infamous. Or Dead Rising? :O

Psychotray
08-30-2011, 12:10 AM
Coincidentally, I've actually been planning on getting Dead Space and Dead Rising when I get my Ps3. I also like FPS games (First-Person Shooters), so you can list some if you wish :D

Th3-devils-princess
08-30-2011, 12:28 AM
dead island is coming out september 6th :p looks pretty awesome :)

egg-whites333
08-30-2011, 09:23 PM
if you dont ind fps there battle field 3 coming out some people dont like black ops but with the trailers mw3 seem pretty good. there is also Fallout New Vegas 3 witch are rpg horror fps/third person shooter. you can get mag its a massive online action fps only for ps3 you can play against up to 255 people in one map i think and you can take leadership roles like squad leader platoon leader and officer in charge all very fun roles. I hope this helps. :)

Psychotray
08-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Which Call Of Duty games have zombies in them? Is it only Black Ops that have zombies in it?

egg-whites333
08-31-2011, 12:19 AM
Which Call Of Duty games have zombies in them? Is it only Black Ops that have zombies in it?

black ops and world at war but i only have black ops so you wouldn't get to play with me :) but WaW is cheaper now but also not near as many possible maps.

NumberedEyes
08-31-2011, 03:22 AM
wow there really aren't a lot of horror games on the ps3 which is odd it has a nice selection of pretty much every other genre besides shmup.

heres a few for you though
Resident Evil 5 (while it seems to have taken a completely different direction to what resident evil should be in my opinion its still a high budget zombish game)

Siren: Blood Curse
This one i haven't played but it looks like a pretty solid title something i wouldn't mind picking up myself if i come across it.

Dead space
amazing survival horror theres currently 1 and 2 released on ps3 its well worth looking into this game.

Silent Hill : homecoming
heres another game i haven't played but looks like its worth picking up

those titles aside if you just like the setting of demons and Gothic style scenery then you should really check out a couple other games ill list bellow.

Bayonetta
This is an over the top action game in the same vein as devil may cry and god of war your battling angels as a witch from hell despite fighting angels they are rather warped and twisted its worth at least watching some youtube videos on

the last is the classic series Devil may cry.
on the ps3 you can get number 4 which is a solid action game with a great Gothic/horror style to it, its never scary but its still quite fun.

hopefully you get something out of this post enjoy your ps3.

BlackEyedJester
08-31-2011, 03:44 AM
I agree with NumberedEyes Bayonetta Is a great game, I am about to go and buy it so if you want a play test just ask :) also Devil May Cry is a great game series though I think only Devil May Cry 4 is on PS3.. Also are you getting a FAT or a Slim PS3? As I would recommend a FAT as I think they are Backwards compatible :)

Psychotray
08-31-2011, 05:04 AM
wow there really aren't a lot of horror games on the ps3 which is odd it has a nice selection of pretty much every other genre besides shmup.

heres a few for you though
Resident Evil 5 (while it seems to have taken a completely different direction to what resident evil should be in my opinion its still a high budget zombish game)

Siren: Blood Curse
This one i haven't played but it looks like a pretty solid title something i wouldn't mind picking up myself if i come across it.

Dead space
amazing survival horror theres currently 1 and 2 released on ps3 its well worth looking into this game.

Silent Hill : homecoming
heres another game i haven't played but looks like its worth picking up

those titles aside if you just like the setting of demons and Gothic style scenery then you should really check out a couple other games ill list bellow.

Bayonetta
This is an over the top action game in the same vein as devil may cry and god of war your battling angels as a witch from hell despite fighting angels they are rather warped and twisted its worth at least watching some youtube videos on

the last is the classic series Devil may cry.
on the ps3 you can get number 4 which is a solid action game with a great Gothic/horror style to it, its never scary but its still quite fun.

hopefully you get something out of this post enjoy your ps3.

Im definitely looking forward to getting Siren: Blood Curse, I have played Forbidden Siren 2 on Ps2 and it was epic. And I'll check out Bayonetta just to see if its decent and worth buying.

I agree with NumberedEyes Bayonetta Is a great game, I am about to go and buy it so if you want a play test just ask :) also Devil May Cry is a great game series though I think only Devil May Cry 4 is on PS3.. Also are you getting a FAT or a Slim PS3? As I would recommend a FAT as I think they are Backwards compatible :)

Im getting a FAT one im pretty sure, but what's Backwards Compatible mean?

NumberedEyes
08-31-2011, 05:12 AM
the first run of playstation 3s allowed you to play ps1 ps2 and ps3 games on them soon after they re released the system and took this backwards compatability out of the system you may be able to still play ps1 games but no more emotion engine (ps2).

i believe the one you want is the 60gig model ether way ps2's arnt very expencive.

mutilations
08-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Demon's Souls. A must try for it's complete uniqueness if anything. Difficult game but once you beat your first boss-type monster, you feel pretty accomplished. Great multiplayer, you can have two soul-formed friends to help you or you can invade someone's game and cause complete chaos. This I say because Dark Souls is coming in October and it looks even more amazing. Demon's Souls is a PS3 exclusive. :)

BlackEyedJester
08-31-2011, 10:40 AM
Im definitely looking forward to getting Siren: Blood Curse, I have played Forbidden Siren 2 on Ps2 and it was epic. And I'll check out Bayonetta just to see if its decent and worth buying.

Im getting a FAT one im pretty sure, but what's Backwards Compatible mean?

Backwards compatible means you can play PS2 and PS1 games... but as I think they removed that feature, but you can still play PS1 games on it :) The reason they removed it from the PS3 I cannot be sure, also Playing PS1 games on it is considerably harder as you can only use the D-Pad, Well All the games I've tried to play are -.- But good luck with you PS3 and Add me on PSNetwork when you get it, I'm always up for kicking your ass at CoD :laugh1:

Mizel
08-31-2011, 11:33 AM
the first run of playstation 3s allowed you to play ps1 ps2 and ps3 games on them soon after they re released the system and took this backwards compatability out of the system you may be able to still play ps1 games but no more emotion engine (ps2).

i believe the one you want is the 60gig model ether way ps2's arnt very expencive.

You are correct- 60 gig is the only one that is technically backwards compatible. However, on PSN there is a patch to make all PS3's backwards compatible- except the 40 gig, which makes no sense to me? Actually, the whole situation makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. And of course the one we have is a 40 gig... so the question for us now is to get another PS3 or buy an old PS2 so I can finally play Gauntlet *nerdrage* >:(

BlackEyedJester
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
Apparently you can only get the PS2 Data patch in Japan and America I think, I can't seem to find it in my PSStore

Mizel
08-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Thats very possible... ALSO, the patch doesn't necessarily work for ALL PS2 games- just most. Wiki has an article on which ones are and arent backwards compatible.

mutilations
08-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Apparently you can only get the PS2 Data patch in Japan and America I think, I can't seem to find it in my PSStore

Well if you find out, hook a brotha up with the info. :D

BobTD
09-01-2011, 12:57 AM
no one has mentioned it, but at least rent Prototype. its pc/ps3 and an great anti superhero game. Also lots of gore.

Mizel
09-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Well if you find out, hook a brotha up with the info. :D

I think they took it off because it didn't work properly :(

mutilations
09-01-2011, 01:24 PM
I think they took it off because it didn't work properly :(

Then they must find a way to make it work and work right. Ad Hoc was a great idea and free.. a bit glitchy but it makes hooking up with your pals that have PSPs and can't leave their house so much easier. When there's a will there's a way. D<

Mizel
09-01-2011, 01:51 PM
I wish they would and soon! lol But I have no hope. Decided to just give in and buy an old PS2 :P It still boggles my mind that they didnt plan this out ahead of time... boggles my mind -more- that they made ONE version of the PS3 backwards compatible, but not all of them? D'oh! >_< I personally consider a big "FU" to PS fans. They didnt make them all BC and are now conveniently remaking a ton of PS2 games in HD (whoop-de-doo *rolls eyes*) and reselling them for the PS3... oh wait... remastered games + fans that REALLY wanna play old PS2 games but cant = $$$.... guess they did think about this ahead of time xD

BlackEyedJester
09-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I personally would pay about 50 EURO for an add-on or to send my PS3 into a place for then the place something inside of it for it to play PS2 games, wait that made no sense -.- lets try that again I would pay at least 50 bucks, to hand my PS3 over to a shop, for them to open the PS3 and place a new drive or engine inside it for the PS3 to play all versions of PS Games, or for a software from Sony to enable the PS3 to do the same... I hope that makes as much sense as it does in my head :)

Mizel
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Makes perfect sense! lol And I concur.... however an old PS3 is cheaper then $50 which is why Im giving up hope on the PS3 ever being able to play PS2 and just getting one :P

BlackEyedJester
09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Correction PS2* haha... and yeah but I don't have to buy a new PS2 I have all my original PS Consoles

mutilations
09-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Correction PS2* haha... and yeah but I don't have to buy a new PS2 I have all my original PS Consoles

Yup. I made it a habit to buy most versions of each playstation console. I have the 1st and 2nd versions of the PS1 and then they made that PSone that was a lot smaller and white.. I got that too. I got the first gen and slim of the PS2. I never got the PS3 that was backwards compatible because I was broke when the PS3 hit the scenes (will never forgive myself for that either) but I got the second gen which is still a "big-body" but it's really quiet and works like a charm. I did this because you never know which version of a console will just stop working on you (i.e. my 1st-gen PSP brick'd *RIP* ;_; ) and you're left up a creek, so to speak.

BlackEyedJester
09-01-2011, 03:04 PM
haha I got all of those but I never got the 1st gen PSP...

egg-whites333
09-01-2011, 03:10 PM
the ps2 data pack will not work with slim but it will with the other

BlackEyedJester
09-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh great, I dont have a PS3 FAT -.- Bugga

Mizel
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Lol Only used my PsP like 5 times total ever so I gave it to a friend

Lord Nog
09-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Dragon Age: Origins; In a word, "Awesome" It's so immersive and it really gets you involved in the story, which is amazing btw.

ditzzy
01-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Skyrim!!!!! soo addictive love it great graphics :D

ditzzy
01-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Skyrim!! best game love it XD

Yunax2
02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
well this game is really cool i played since the ps1 and is full of action this monday the demo for the ps3 was out so i i recommend you to download it if you donĀ“t never played the game :) (is car fighting style)

kitch2012
02-05-2012, 05:32 AM
someone could recommend some games

ezio12
02-26-2012, 07:51 AM
def recommend assassins creed on the ps3 -this game consol is what this game was made for and the graphics are awesome - played it on xbox too which is good but no where near rhe ps3

ejay16us
02-26-2012, 07:59 PM
For PS3, I would recommend Uncharted (part 2 in particular but all 3 are good), God of War 3, and Borderlands.

egg-whites333
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
wait for borderands 2

ejay16us
02-26-2012, 08:34 PM
wait for borderands 2

I know right! I will pick that one up at the midnight release for sure. I may even take the rest of the work week off. haha

Mizel
02-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I know right! I will pick that one up at the midnight release for sure. I may even take the rest of the work week off. haha

Finally watched the trailer for 2. Looks pretty good. Here's hoping it is! :P

ejay16us
02-27-2012, 06:46 PM
I played the game with Mordecai, but I didn't see anything like him in the new one...I think Zero may have taken his place. We will see. I liked using snipers for the early content, but I switched to pistols for Mad Moxxi and General Knoxx. Both were fun...but nothing was better than watching Bloodwing swoop down and finish off a brute! I can't wait!

Mizel
02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I think I played with everyone except Roland.... and yea I think you're right with Zero being the 'new' Mordecai. man, this is making me wanna go home and pop Borderlands in O_o

ejay16us
02-28-2012, 07:36 PM
I think I played with everyone except Roland.... and yea I think you're right with Zero being the 'new' Mordecai. man, this is making me wanna go home and pop Borderlands in O_o

I put some time in with each of the characters. Loved Mordecai. look me up on xbox live or psn if ur ever up for borderlands! lol...i have copies for both systems!

Mizel
02-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I put some time in with each of the characters. Loved Mordecai. look me up on xbox live or psn if ur ever up for borderlands! lol...i have copies for both systems!

Nice! I def will.... no one ever wants to play with me anymore :P

ejay16us
02-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Nice! I def will.... no one ever wants to play with me anymore :P

coo! ejay16us on either system. I've been playing skyrim on xbox a lot lately

Mizel
03-01-2012, 08:13 AM
coo! ejay16us on either system. I've been playing skyrim on xbox a lot lately

Ill add ya next time I get on! If youre on before me, Im ZombySpiceWeasel, but I just have a PS3. Sweet... I got bored with Skyrim after a week xD

ejay16us
03-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Ill add ya next time I get on! If youre on before me, Im ZombySpiceWeasel, but I just have a PS3. Sweet... I got bored with Skyrim after a week xD

ok will do

egg-whites333
03-01-2012, 09:31 PM
pre order it you get a bunch of content that you cant get any other way i may do that