PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Newerth

ROFLBRYCE
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Not sure how many of you know about this, or would be interested in playing, but I've discovered a game that's come out in the last couple years that I'm sure many would be interested in.

It's another DotA clone, like LoL, but supposedly there's a much bigger skill gap, and it's just as fun. The playerbase isn't as big, but there are still it's own little features and tweaks it has that makes it it's own.

Here's the site (http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/index.php) if you guys wanna check it out, it's free to play except if you wanna by coins (Riot Points in LoL)

I know there was a thread about this long ago, but figured I'd make this since some details have changed and it wasn't well known.

Muffincat
08-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, it was only recently made free-to-play (I guess after LoL's incredible success)... dili played it once and I definitely prefer LoL. The community is notorious for being the worst out of all three games (DotA, LoL, HoN)... I also just prefer LoL's style - HoN is really muddy and unclear with what is going on. Lemon prefers HoN, I think, and there's no reason not to try it out now that it is also free to play.

I just really don't like it, personally p:

ROFLBRYCE
08-28-2011, 06:16 PM
I havn't played it yet, just saw it and thought id share. Now I don't know if I wanna try it with your reviews! Haha.

Muffincat
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Haha, no, you should definitely try it :)

It's just not the kind of game I'm interested in; I like what LoL did to the genre better. There are plenty of people who disagree, though!

BobTD
09-02-2011, 02:17 AM
dili makes her say those things at knifepoint. =P

but i also prefer lol. Even if im not good enough to play with muffins and the other cool kids. =(

Archbob
10-04-2011, 02:25 PM
I might try HoN sometime. I hear its not as team-based as LoL though.

Mizel
10-06-2011, 11:20 AM
This reminds me how much I miss DotA lol Might hafta pull that out tonight ^_^

LemonRising
10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it was only recently made free-to-play (I guess after LoL's incredible success)... dili played it once and I definitely prefer LoL. The community is notorious for being the worst out of all three games (DotA, LoL, HoN)... I also just prefer LoL's style - HoN is really muddy and unclear with what is going on. Lemon prefers HoN, I think, and there's no reason not to try it out now that it is also free to play.

I just really don't like it, personally p:

haha you're correct!
I've found that each community has its bad eggs, not really sure which one is worse for it..

I'll admit a bit of my reason for liking HoN better is the graphics and characters.
The 'narrator' used to be much more 'epic' instead of the 'lulzy' stuff they have now, but its something I can live with.

OH and October is player appreciation month or something..
which is related to this:
Play HoN and Win Over $5,000 in Prizes! - Heroes of Newerth Forums (http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=338300)

Archbob
10-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I may still like DOTA the best actually.

CraeSC111
10-11-2011, 08:21 PM
My friends tell me that HoN isn't quite as good as LoL. Haven't tried it myself personally and I wont any time soon, but it definitely seems to be better graphically

ChandlerSing
11-08-2011, 09:04 PM
people are really mean on this game lol. i thought dota was bad but this...this is awful.

Optic232
01-14-2012, 05:58 AM
HoN is much over the others game like Dota ;) !

xLykos
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I've seen it around the internet and I've even seen a few pictures but I haven't done any looking around on it, does anyone play it? And if so is it any good? I'd like it if someone could give me some info on this :)

ROFLBRYCE
01-29-2012, 11:56 PM
Haven't tried it, meant to try it.

From others on the forum I heard it was good, but the community is pretty elitist. "I'm better than you, you're a scrub, don't bother playing, why bother" etc. The LoL community has the same issue, but not near as bad as I understand.

I'll maybe let it download tonight and patch up when I work tomorrow, maybe I'll hop on a game tomorrow night or something if you'd wanna do the same, or when/if you ever get it.

Trunks
01-29-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm currently downloading this as well. From what I see, LoL is pretty bad with the ragers, I'd hate to see worst lol.

xLykos
01-30-2012, 12:00 AM
Yea I just downloaded it too, guess Ima have to troll on these ragers hahaha
It's pretty much awful... wayyy too complicated, I'll stick to LoL

Trunks
01-30-2012, 12:54 AM
So I downloaded it, played a practice game figuring my experience of 500+ games of LoL would make this game a breeze and I'd be destroying people my first game. Turns out that HoN is nothing like LoL. The shop makes about zero sense, I have no clue what any of the stuff means and whatever the hell the stash is and where I can get the items from it. Tthe way the towers attack you also make no sense, not to mention that range is ridiculous. I didn't even play against champions and I think I've played enough of that awful game.

xLykos
01-30-2012, 01:25 AM
It's hella bad

ROFLBRYCE
01-30-2012, 01:49 AM
Whelp I'll let it finish and see how it goes, lol. So far it doesn't sound that great at all xD

CraeSC111
01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
I played it a but. It was pretty good in my opinion, but the community is crap and I got tired of dealing with the people

ROFLBRYCE
01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
About to hop on and play game one...wish me luck..

xLykos
01-31-2012, 12:44 AM
About to hop on and play game one...wish me luck..

Good luck lol how did it go?

ROFLBRYCE
01-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Didn't make it past the tutorial, computer froze up lol. So I'll try and figure it out tomorrow, I didn't want to tonight so played a game of LoL

xLykos
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Lol when I first read this I thought you didn't make it past tuturial cause it sucks so bad haha it's not worth is trust me

Muffincat
01-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm merging this thread with one of the other HoN threads.

tpteam10
03-02-2012, 06:26 AM
This reminds me how much I miss DotA lol Might hafta pull that out tonight ^_^