PDA

View Full Version : One of the most annoying insect I ve seen

paecmaker
09-10-2011, 09:03 AM
This is one heck of annoying bug.

Earlier today I walked in the forest. When I came home I felt something small run down my neck. I hit it but it kept on going and they are ugly, looks like small spiders with wings. They are almost impossible to kill as they are flat, hardhided and fast as hell, oh and they got small claws to hold onto a prey.

A few years ago I hadnt heard about these suckers but now if Im out in the forest I will almost always find atleast one on me.

Heres one of those buggers.

http://www.gcbook.se/uploads_user/1000/430/610.jpg

So do you have anyone of these at home?

NumberedEyes
09-10-2011, 09:11 AM
wha!!!!! what a crazy looking bug id be lieing if i expected to see an insect when opened the thread :P was expecting a bug from a game :P

are they poisonus like a tick?

jcmcdo12
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Might be a tick or some type of one. We have a lot of those here. You can usually kill them if you put them in alcohol.

paecmaker
09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
They arent dangerous, but annoying as hell as they can fly. Normally they just land on deers, moose and other animals but they can land on humans to and suck blood, but they cant live on that blood.

Here we call them hjorlus or älgloppa (deer louse or moose flea)

And now when I see maybe I would have named this thread something else :p

(If a mod sees this please change the title "Bug" to insect instead, thanks.)

LiNuX
09-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Changed title for you.

And I've never seen one of those around here, don't think we have them around here.

paecmaker
09-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks,

And I think they are only in forests where much deers and other animals live. Yhey wont probably be found in parks because they cant draw nutrition from human blood.

egg-whites333
09-10-2011, 12:00 PM
ive seen one before i heard they attach to bears as well

HamadaLFC8
09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Haven't seen any of them in Michigan either, are they dangerous for humans?

Twyst
09-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Dude.... That thing is well creepy!

It genuinely made my spine shivver.
Squash them! SQUASH THEM ALL!

Hate bugs. Tiny little spiders are cool but anything slightly bigger with more than four legs just freaks me out. Bleugh

paecmaker
09-10-2011, 12:43 PM
Dude.... That thing is well creepy!

It genuinely made my spine shivver.
Squash them! SQUASH THEM ALL!

Hate bugs. Tiny little spiders are cool but anything slightly bigger with more than four legs just freaks me out. Bleugh

Thats one thing that I hate with them, You cant squash them, unless you use you nails.

Keep one on a finger and try to squash it with another one and you can see that its almost impossible.

And Hamada, no they arent poisonues, some can spread a skin desease but it very annoying to get bitten.

A nice pic
http://www.metla.fi/uutiskirje/rannikkometsat/2009-02/img/algflugan.jpg

Twyst
09-10-2011, 12:57 PM
In that case... BURN IT WITH FIRE!
It's damn ugly

Fr0stByte
09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
thats a flying ant....you get them around ants nests

paecmaker
09-16-2011, 11:09 AM
thats a flying ant....you get them around ants nests

I know that its not flying ants. These buggers are parasites and drink BLOOOOOOOOOOOOD............:lipsrsealed:

Mizel
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Ewwww that is just creepy O_O Despite the fact that most insects and such are creepy and annoying I cant bring myself to kill any of them. Im the kinda person that releases them all back into the wild :P Unless, of course they are attacking me.