PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 1 Console Remake - Trailer (Rage Thread)

Mordry
09-10-2011, 09:08 AM
EA released an exclusive Debut Trailer for the Crysis 1 Remake for PS3 and XBox 360.
Why am I so angry you may ask?
Because of the first thing that show up on the screen after the EA Logo.

It says "2007: PC gaming is changed forever..."

At that point I asked myself, if someone ****ted EA in the Brain! I knew that there assholes but just to make it clear:

IT NEVER CHANGED PC GAMING FOREVER!

Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Half-Life and Counter Strike did changed PC gaming. Crysis just had good graphics that even looked too colourfull to me. The water was kinda plastic, the leafes and other stuff looked good but why looked every corean soldier the same? Why did they looked like that they all would be like 20-25 years old?

I just want to say, that Crysis have done nothing new than graphics. The Gameplay weren't new, you don't get many informations about the story (it would could get a good shooter with a very deep story like Half-Life but we just got some informations like THAT'S THE ENEMY YOU GOT TO SHOOT HIM!). The driving controls with the Tank were kind of slippy. 2/3 of the game you fight against coreans and not the aliens, that the game promised you on the backside of the game package.
Don't understand me wrong now: I liked Crysis 1 pretty much but I noticed a lot of bad points, that game reviewers missed. I also think that a little bag with a dollar sign on it changed the minds of the game reviewers. I rarely see a review about that game that's not all about graphics.

Why did I wrote this? Simple: I'm a jacka** and wanted to share my opinion about that one sentence. Yes, I'm raging because of one sentence.

Link to the debut trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-crysis/720427)

EpsilonX
09-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Nice, i'll get this when it comes out...or maybe after it drops in price a bit. Always wanted to play Crysis.

Samus-Fan
09-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I might get the Crysis console remake.
And actually, if you played Crysis at the highest settings, the graphics were unbelievable. Actually. the default settings were already amazing. That was why it kinda flopped- no ones computer could handle it.
Did it change anything? Not really, I agree on that. It was just another game, except its amazing graphics that no one could run. But no need to get mad, it actually was a fun game.

Jayhmmz
09-10-2011, 08:32 PM
It didn't change PC gaming forever, but it did encourage innovation and graphical progress.

BobTD
09-11-2011, 01:39 AM
EA released an exclusive Debut Trailer for the Crysis 1 Remake for PS3 and XBox 360.
Why am I so angry you may ask?
Because of the first thing that show up on the screen after the EA Logo.

It says "2007: PC gaming is changed forever..."

At that point I asked myself, if someone ****ted EA in the Brain! I knew that there assholes but just to make it clear:

IT NEVER CHANGED PC GAMING FOREVER!

Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Half-Life and Counter Strike did changed PC gaming. Crysis just had good graphics that even looked too colourfull to me. The water was kinda plastic, the leafes and other stuff looked good but why looked every corean soldier the same? Why did they looked like that they all would be like 20-25 years old?

I just want to say, that Crysis have done nothing new than graphics. The Gameplay weren't new, you don't get many informations about the story (it would could get a good shooter with a very deep story like Half-Life but we just got some informations like THAT'S THE ENEMY YOU GOT TO SHOOT HIM!). The driving controls with the Tank were kind of slippy. 2/3 of the game you fight against coreans and not the aliens, that the game promised you on the backside of the game package.
Don't understand me wrong now: I liked Crysis 1 pretty much but I noticed a lot of bad points, that game reviewers missed. I also think that a little bag with a dollar sign on it changed the minds of the game reviewers. I rarely see a review about that game that's not all about graphics.

Why did I wrote this? Simple: I'm a jacka** and wanted to share my opinion about that one sentence. Yes, I'm raging because of one sentence.

Link to the debut trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-crysis/720427)

I just spent like ten minutes in a boat spinning in circles going "WEEEEEEEEEEE'

Steam Community :: BobTD :: Screenshots (http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobtdftw/screenshot/559784493861594409/?)

Come on, that game is fun. Who can forget classic moments like dead guy in a tree:

Steam Community :: BobTD :: Screenshots (http://steamcommunity.com/id/bobtdftw/screenshot/559784493861592082/?)

Also they did impact pc gaming. Crysis became a decent way to test and compare high end computers. While it was actually able to run on lower standards, checking the FPS rate from one computer on max against another was for a while something people where interested in.

Any desire a game can give PC gamers to buy newer hardware benefits the market, and that in turn benefits the quality of our games.