PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft 1.8

Muffincat
09-16-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread about this yet. Apparently about half of 1.8 has been released, with more following eventually. A lot of stuff has been introduced, though!

Like... a lot, a lot.

Just go read about it here (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history), if you're interested. :P

ROFLBRYCE
09-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I've installed it, and goofed around on creative mode...haven't started an adventure of my own yet though. They did a lot of cool stuff with the update, just need time to try it out!

Synge
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
The new terrain generation is awesome, but I seem to have suffered a performance drop. I get an average of 55 fps while loading chunks and I used to get twice that (with x128 HD textures). I'm also noticing occasional lag spikes. In 1.7 I could set fly speed to 10, pick a direction and go with no lag -.-

Exentenzed
09-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Yea, i've played around with it a bit, but since 1.8 is sort of half of an update im waiting for 1.9 :)

CraeSC111
10-10-2011, 12:44 PM
I really like the new terrain features in 1.8. There is a ravine on the minecraft server that I've turned into quite the structure (for lack of a more descriptive term). Haven't found anything new in my smp world yet though. I also lke the giant mushrooms. Great decoration and great for making lots of mushroom soup.

Slay
10-10-2011, 05:01 PM
You can get the 1.9 prerelease everyone, but you can't play non 1.9 servers.
You can go back by forcing an update though, I check it out, it was decent, all they added was ender pieces and some potion necessities