PDA

View Full Version : my CD-Rom Drive opens on its own!!!

TheKing
09-22-2007, 06:40 PM
recently when ever i turn on my computer, my CD-Rom Drive opens on its own!!! When i press the button to close it, it opens back up again and stays like that. Any suggestions?

LiNuX
09-22-2007, 08:15 PM
looks like a hardware problem - did you open your pc recently? so it doesn't close at all or r u able to close it after the pc is turned on?

it could be the drive as well, i dont know too much about it but you may have to get a new cd drive but u can wait to see some more response from a few other people here

Jasperking
09-22-2007, 09:08 PM
i used to have a drive in school that did that :p. I just held it in for a few seconds then it finally stopped rofl. Ofcourse i had to do that all the time

lonewolfxix
09-23-2007, 07:36 AM
at what boot screen does it open? give more information. if you tell us the boot screen where the drive opens i may know the problem

Kiss
10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
open your computer my often has that problem from stuff that gets in it just look were the drive is some thing could be pushing it out:-(

lonewolfxix
10-11-2007, 09:24 AM
opening the computer can void warranties when not needed. anything blocking the drive will be visible outside the case. Theking, please answer my question. I may be able to help but i can't unless you actually answer me

Vamp
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I know exactly what the problem is, as i work for a company that needs computer whizzes like me. Either 1. It did a binary save when you *could* of shut down your computer when it was out. Or 2. It did a boot up save, because you *could* of opened the drive too early. It's basically a problem of saving too early when the data is sent to your motherboard, and it acts on it. Just email me at alexeberry@gmail.com if you want a further explanation.