PDA

View Full Version : How to re-size image?

XiMMiX
09-25-2007, 06:12 AM
How to re-size image in photoshop so the whole picture could fit in? Well if you tell me im going to make my first signature! And it will suck... Badly cus its my first shoot but please tell me how to resize image!:yes:

LiNuX
09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
can you PLEASE open threads in the right category - this board is for questions about the FORUM not PHOTOSHOP - ask in the GRAPHICS section, whats so hard about that?

just go to edit or view and do change the canvas size or something, forgot what it actually is but it has to do with canvas

FattaT
09-25-2007, 10:47 PM
There are a couple of ways to do this:

Method (1)
Go to Image > Resize and choose your dimensions (they have to be the same ratio as the original images dimensions)

OR

Method (2)
Select the layer with the image you want to resize on it and press Crtl+T and use the anchor points to resize the image by simple dragging.

Hope that helped.

Jasperking
09-26-2007, 06:42 AM
If you wanted to know Ctrl+T is the shortcut for "Free Transform" in the Edit Tab

LiNuX
09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
free transform can screw it up - and as fattat said, its under Image - not edit lol, i wasnt sure

and keep it the same ratio for dimensions, otherwise it'll looked crapped up - free transform can do that to u sometimes - but if you hold shift and do it, it'll be fine, correct?

dam i need to get back into Photoshop lol

FattaT
09-28-2007, 04:38 AM
but if you hold shift and do it, it'll be fine, correct?

haha, yep.
Correct indeed :-)

XiMMiX
09-28-2007, 07:17 AM
thnx guys i appricate!

Jasperking
09-28-2007, 11:29 AM
free transform can screw it up - and as fattat said, its under Image - not edit lol, i wasnt sure
on CS2 its under Edit not Image. FattaT was on about changing dimentions when he was on about the image tab. Also usually when free transform is done photoshop makes the quality at its best

LiNuX
09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
so i was right about cs2 - heh...oh well, its my fault for not being able to verify it

good luck with the resizing